Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blind Date

I don't know about that

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    Very interesting but I think it all really depends on how you feel. This thread is already filled with great advice but ultimately it's up to you to decide.

Personally, I would never have shown up for a first date in drag, but it is something that I reveal about 3 weeks into the relationship. Women can be very accepting but this is something that they are likely extremely clueless about. If you give them some leeway they are (probably) more likely to be fine.

Whatever you decide, be confident and let us know how it went down.
    Why wait three weeks? Why not just be up front from the get-go? "If you give them some leewaythey are (probably) more likely to be fine" Hmmmm don't know about that. But it does give her the option of making a choice.Judging from the number of "oh poor me" threads as opposed to the "she accepts me" threads, while a woman might be accepting of crossdressing in general, they may not be as accepting as to want a crossdressing SO.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    If you're far enough along that you are wearing femme clothing in public, including dresses, etc., then up front from the beginning, polite, and confident.
    Love will find its own way through.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    I'm developing a sore neck from shaking my head in disbelief.
    Your not the only one!
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Maybe the woman was there, spotted you, and ran.

I totally admire CDs who have the courage to tell their SOs from the beginning; but there's a good way and a bad way to do it. It's true that HOW you tell a woman what you like/want makes a lot of difference in whether she will accept it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    Maybe the woman was there, spotted you, and ran.
    Hey, it happens sometimes... that's blind dates for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    It's true that HOW you tell a woman what you like/want makes a lot of difference in whether she will accept it.

I prefer to tell her with a club over the noggin, then drag her back to my cave.

By the hair. Always drag them by the hair. Word to the wise.

AhhhHaaa

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Hey, it happens sometimes... that's blind dates for ya!

I prefer to tell her with a club over the noggin, then drag her back to my cave.

By the hair. Always drag them by the hair. Word to the wise.
    No wonder you have three girfriends, and here I was thinking it was your wit and charm rather than... kidnapping and hostage taking.

You can write all the good e-mails you want. You can write her for 5 years, but if this lifestyle hasn't been mentioned or at least tap danced around, in your conversations. It may be a very short evening. I wish you the best of luck, but like Kelly says. If she was to show up in moose antlers and a tail................... bad example, Kelly is hot, I'd probably hang around anyway, but if this gal has zero idea, chances are not good for a successful evening.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    No wonder you have three girfriends, and here I was thinking it was your wit and charm rather than... kidnapping and hostage taking.
    Oh... I wasn't counting those. They usually head back to their own caves next morning with a bit of a headache.

If I charm a gal's pants off, it's because I want to borrow them.

SO of Lisa Golightly Deb The Brunette's Avatar

Priceless
    Last edited by Deb The Brunette; 07-13-2009 at 02:12 AM.
    Some people build walls around themselves......not to keep people out
    But to see who cares enough to break them down
    So thanks lisa for taking a bloody great sledgehammer to mine you certainly made short work of it

Loves you Poppet
    x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am crossdressed in public almost everyday and I would never go on a blind date wearing a skirt or dress, and I agree with Anne66, I think she came to the dance and discovered you in the skirt and ran for her life. I agree with Marla and the others here you need to not wear a skirt on a blind date, you can tell her later, like 2nd or 3rd date.

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaM View Post
    OH I'm sorry, I always though that was being just plain Polite.

Forget skirts and heels for a minute.
    You wouldn't ask a date what to expect to wear?
    Showing up in jeans and t-shirt isn't going to cut it going out for a nice dinner the same way a suit and tie doesn't work for apple picking.

And to the OP -
    Fully femme or just a man in a dress........
    It really doesn't matter - but for F*** sake that is something you just don't spring on someone!

It doesn't matter how comfy you are wearing what your wearing.
    Try and think of the other person for once!
    Because it sounds like you have done this very thing before.

Maybe you wouldn't need to date so much if you showed up to the first date wearing pants once in a while.

Why is common sense not such a common thing these days.

sorry i cant stop laughing I agree with what SamanthaM has said also, along with my post earlier..... when you conjour up the visual ...laffing...

whats common sense to a CD'er isnt it a fact that when sensiability should rain pink fog aclaims and all reasonability goes out the window laffing....

well magickman if your short of dates.... try the shelf at the supermarket, its prolly cheaper,... dont care what you wear and they're next to the apricots n raisins...laffing...:

yer gotta see the funnie side in this also, but get to know your dates, as I said in my earlier posting.... being up front and honest is ok...but dont do it dressed,... whether theyre blind or not.....
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 07-13-2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Language in the quote

I've got to give it to you Magickman, you've got B***S! It's not the way I would approach things though. Small steps my friend, small steps.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Magickman View Post
    The short version of the story is that, after much consideration, I went to the dance dressed, and my date didn't show up. This is twice she has bailed on me. I'll get a different date next time.
    More tomorrow.
    Here's my guess...
    She did show up. She figured out who you were and got the hell out there as quickly as possible. And who in the world could blame her?
    Try some normal male attire next time.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by shesadvl View Post
    but get to know your dates, as I said in my earlier posting.... being up front and honest is ok...but dont do it dressed,...

That's a lovely idea, but in most Western countries, social mores usually dictate getting to know someone while dressed, before you get to know them not dressed.

Being not dressed does simplify mating rituals, however. I was once told about this tribe of savages... er, "natives"... wherein clothing was either unknown or shunned. A young male's attraction to a particular female is rather obvious in this condition, and when such is noticed, the chief conks their heads together and declares them mates. No dating, no phone calls, no awkward first kiss. Ah, for the simplicity of the Stone Age.
    Last edited by MissConstrued; 07-13-2009 at 02:20 PM.

I really want to know , Just how many of these blind dates have you been on for the " mixed reaction" of which you speak???

Gosh I'm sooo laughing !

Please tell us all you're kidding.

If not , yea, She Ran.
    I can't wait to hear the next chapter, like her E-mail excuse for having "missed" the dance.

Ah Magic , What are you thinking ?Who was it said , baby steps? so right on.

springtime gg

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    That's a lovely idea, but in most Western countries, social mores usually dictate getting to know someone while dressed, before you get to know them not dressed.

Being not dressed does simplify mating rituals, however. I was once told about this tribe of savages... er, "natives"... wherein clothing was either unknown or shunned. A young male's attraction to a particular female is rather obvious in this condition, and when such is noticed, the chief conks their heads together and declares them mates. No dating, no phone calls, no awkward first kiss. Ah, for the simplicity of the Stone Age.
    yer crack me up missconstrued, yeh i can see what you mean but if you are that forth coming and yer date wants to get to know yer nekkid then why the heck dress anyway hahahahaha,
    bit like taking the bull by the horns and kicking his butt to see how he performs laffing ...like oi did with my partner n i was/and still am his friend, as for the stoneage oi think they had it right laffing..... nothing hidden all out in the open for all to see...

Oh... I wasn't counting those. They usually head back to their own caves next morning with a bit of a headache.

So.................... the more girlfriends and captives,the better the wardrobe selection! Hmmmmm good thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Green View Post
    You can write all the good e-mails you want. You can write her for 5 years, but if this lifestyle hasn't been mentioned or at least tap danced around, in your conversations. It may be a very short evening. I wish you the best of luck, but like Kelly says. If she was to show up in moose antlers and a tail................... bad example, Kelly is hot, I'd probably hang around anyway, but if this gal has zero idea, chances are not good for a successful evening.
    Awwwww..so sweet
    Last edited by Di; 07-16-2009 at 08:29 AM.

My reputation precedes me... but I'd never 'shock and awe' anyone who had no clue... Doesn't show a lot of respect for them does it!?! In fact because everyone knows what I am they geuinely seem disappointed on first meet because I take great pains to look as neutral as possible... Gives them an idea of what they'll wake up next to... possibly... maybe... if they're extremely special... Unless of course I like them lots and then I might take onboard the odd fantasy or three.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia de la luz View Post
    If you're going to show up in public, and be associated with this woman at a dance, it is fair to avail her of any intentions you have to dress in the identity of the opposite sex. She can save herself face and step out early, if that's her wish. Or, if she is onboard, you two can really enjoy yourself.
    If you're not going to mention the clothing in advance, I would wear something gender neutral or stick with male garb. That would be the polite and generous behavior to display.
    I always like it when people are polite and generous with me.
    This is a good code of practice, especially on a first date with a person who knows nothing about you. Good manners cost nothing, you can give them away all day.

Gee zuss Crying out loud. You are what gives these good girls in here a bad rap. The stigma you create that countlees before us have battled to over come an have society for some what except us or merge into civil exceptance. OMG we all have been tossed backwards becuase of flaunted missdirected humans like you. Get some common sense an be a gentleman first if your not going to d

Get a life an live it with Respect!!!

There!

Love Bree
    Last edited by Di; 07-16-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BreenaDion View Post
    You are what gives these good girls in here a bad rap. The stigma you create that countlees before us have battled to over come an have society for some what except us or merge into civil exceptance. OMG we all have been tossed backwards becuase of flaunted missdirected humans like you. Get some common sense an be a gentleman first if your not going to d
    If you're going to post a five-alarm rant like that, it helps to let people know the recipient of your wrath. WHOSE stigma are you referring to, specifically? St. Mary? No wait, those are stigmata. Your ophthalmologist? No, that's astigmatism. So anyway, we can't figure out w

Banned Read only
    LOL @ Ralph. It took me a minute, then I realized what happened to the rest of y

The stigma you create that countlees before us have battled to over come an have society for some what except us or merge into civil exceptance.
    Wha...? I can't even figure out what this is supposed to mean. Other than the obvious fact that public schools are a dismal failure, of course.

OMG we all have been tossed backwards becuase of flaunted missdirected humans like you.
    Malapropism: deadlier than plumber's crack.

Seriously, get the **** over yourself. You rant and rave over how society shouldn't be able to dictate your wardrobe choices, then you turn around and bash someone who does exactly what you don't have the balls to do.

To reference an old parable, Magickman is an eagle soaring high, and you're an insanely jealous turkey.

Speaking of poor examples, though, what do you suppose people think of someone who writes like a re

It has become my job, to be the maverick here.

I do things differently, though not necessarily better. One thing I won't do is to get wrapped up in guilt and secrecy about my dressing style. If how I dress bothers a woman, then I'd rather get that out of the way immediately.

Usually, I dress up for social events. Dance parties, dates, singles events, shopping, and recreation all seem appropriate places.

Certainly, I know that a lot of women don't dig it, but that does not upset me. The ones who I want to know will be accepting and amused.

Besides, I have great legs. Women very frequently remark on that. "You look better in a skirt than I do," is something I hear often.

In a skirt, tights, and heels, I am a fun, outgoing guy, if that is not a contradiction in terms. Not a majority, but quite a few women seem to like me dressed up.

And I never worry about secrets.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Magickman View Post
    Certainly, I know that a lot of women don't dig it, but that does not upset me. The ones who I want to know will be accepting and amused.
    I think you probably have the amused part right. But they're not amused in a good way.