Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing noob... help?

Question Crossdressing noob... help?

So I'm really new to this whole transgender thing. I've known about my gender identification issues for a while, but kept it secret except from my closest friends. Up until now my only release about my desire to be male is my online world, in which I have been portraying myself as male for two years. But now the craving to be male is getting to be too much.. I've been close to tears over this damn thing... and I've decided to take a small step to try and release my inner male a bit. I've never crossdressed before.. and I want to know how to do it convincingly. The main thing that has stopped me from trying is my fear of still looking too girly. I'm hoping to get my hair cut short soon.. and I really would appreciate some tips and help with the entire crossdressing subject. Any advice will be a huge help

1) what type of haircut would make me look most like a guy? (i was thinking an emo-style haircut with fringe to help hide my face) How do I go about getting the hair salon to cut my hair the way I want? What hair style would look best on me? (i'll post links to my pics at the bottom for refference)

2) How can I hide my feminine features? Besides binding (which i intend to do, using ace bandages) Any tips to make myself look, sound, or appear more masculine?

3) What about clothes? I don't even know how to shop for myself as a female, let alone as a male. What styles of dress will be most helpful in keeping myself looking masculine? My style is mainly punk/goth and I would like to transfer that over to my male clothing, if possible. Tips or suggestions?

4) How do I deal with friends who are begging me to stay looking the way I currently do because I'm supposibly 'pretty"? How do I go about telling my mother about my craving to be male without her being really confused and think i'm going through a phaze?

5) Do you think that I could actually pass as a male? Or would I just look like a girl with guy clothes and hair? (see pic refferences please)

thanks in advance for your help and support. This entire thing is way confusing and scarry and nervous all in one. Any tips or advice at all is greatly appreciated. thanks again <3

Me: http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o...sses/vfme1.jpg
    http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o...sses/vfme2.jpg
    http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o...514b09b1e3.jpg

P.S. I must say that reading through these forums has been seriously a breath of fresh air. I don't know anyone here who can relate to my issues and its so nice to be able to relate to people's struggles... thanks for that.

Hi! I'm no expert, but I can tell you what I've seen from friends.

Don't expect it to happen all at once. Any convincing, lasting change is a process of daring to try one new thing at a time.

Hats often help.

Good luck. Be who you want to be.

You use the word 'crossdressing', but from what you've said it sounds more like you're actually an ftm. If that's the case, then you already are male, and don't listen to anyone who says anything different. With that said, I'll try to answer each of your questions.

1) A lot of guys go with a very short, very traditionaly male type of hair style when they first start to transition... but in my opinion, even in a bio-male a super-short haircut can emphasize it if they have a feminine face. The best strategy might be to go to a salon, rather than a barber (I'm not sure barbers are great with emo cuts..?) and tell them that you need to play an emo guy in a series of plays (say a series because they might take it more seriously than a single show night), and that it's important that you be as convincing as possible because you take your role very seriously. They might not care about helping, or they might know why you're really asking, but they just might respect your 'dedication' and try to help you out.

2) I'm not sure how much you've got to hide, but regardless of how much it is, I would HIGHLY reccomend that you not use ace bandages. If you're ftm rather than just interested in crossdressing then it would be very worth it to work on acquiring a binder made specifically for that purpose. If you're comfortable with talking to people in person about it, then try to find a support group for transpeople in your area where you might get a used binder that someone doesn't need any more.

3) I'm not sure how to dress punk or goth, but I'm pretty sure there can be a tendency for the clothes to be fairly slim? That might be a problem if you're very curvy, but even so I'm sure it can be worked around. One idea might be to try finding a forum where guys into those styles discuss what's cool to them. I've seen those kinds of sites for other kinds of styles before, so I'm sure you could dig one up, although you might have more luck with emo. Ultimately though, you're really going to have to just try things on and see what works... even if shopping is something you hate, it'd be well worth your time and effort to go around to stores which carry clothes that you're interested in, and try the hell out of them.

4) Tell them how you feel, that it's not new, and that they can pretend they're friends with a girl all they want but that it won't be true. Be firm but not not rude, and be prepared to understand their confusion. My personal approach to telling my parents, was to carefully write a letter explaining everything, give them space to read it, but be nearby to answer any questions when they were ready to ask. Neither of my parents were surprised, but judging from your pictures I'm guessing it's a safe bet that your mother WILL be confused, and most likely WILL think it's a phase. That's not fun, but it's also pretty much inescapable, and not necessarily the end of the world. Be prepared, also, for your mother to be opposed to it from a feminist stand-point if she misinterprets your desire to transition as hating women, or thinking that men have it better.

Most importantly, don't take any shit. There's a difference between unavoidable confusion and emotional upset, and being an ignorant asshole... if you make sure to always step back and think before reacting, it should be fairly easy to figure out which people are doing which. And finally, the bit you'll probably hate to hear, but that you absolutely need to hear, and to start coming to terms with as soon as you read this... you may very well lose every friend you currently have, and it may end very negatively. New friends can be made, but you will always be you, and you will never be able to escape that. Don't choose your friends over yourself, and don't try to 'take the easy way' by ignoring who you are, because it will never change, and it will always be harder that way.

5) There's no way to tell how you will look until you try, but it's almost definite that you will look much younger than you are, cause that's just how it always goes. It's also hard to tell just how masculine your face could look if you had a radically different haircut... looking at your photos I'm having a hard time deciphering how much of a 'female' message I'm getting is from your facial structure, or just simply because that is definitely a girl's haircut. Regardless of how well you can get your identity across with just a hair and wardrobe change though, keep in mind that for a significant number of transmen it takes T to finally be seen as the guys they already are.

I think that's all the info I have in me for now... hope it's usefull, and I'm sure that other guys will be able to give you different advice, and have different ideas than I do.

Thomas...are you me?

I swear, when I first came into the transmen section, I made a thread almost exactly like this one, numbered questions and all!

1. I like brylram's answer here. I never thought of that! My only alternative suggestion is to first research online which haircut places in your area are considered LGBT-friendly, then e-mail them to confirm that, yes, transpeople are welcome there. Try a search engine such as this.

2. DO NOT USE ACE BANDAGES! You can crack a rib, puncture a lung...I'm not kidding! You'll want to go with a binder vest; they're made specifically for this kind of thing and are much safer. I was going to refer you to a binder thread we have, but unfortunately I think it's in the Boys' Clubhouse. Get to ten posts, read this little bit here, apply, and me or one of the other mods can grant you access in! For your other question on how to appear more masculine, once again, you'll get much more information in the private section.

3. I've been labeled punk/goth/emo in my clothes sometimes, too. The beauty of this is that type of clothing is fairly androgynous. My advice to stick with what you feel comfortable with and you think looks good/cool/whatever, then branch off into what you'd consider to be more passable. (But you may already be there and not know it!)

4. Hehe...yeah...been there, done that; actually, still there. Although I don't believe them, many people have considered me "pretty" and my mom's currently having a big issue both with me "losing" that so-called "attractiveness," and headstrong in believing that it's a phase. I can't give you a lot of help for the moment since I have yet to resolve it myself, but hang in there nonetheless! You may want to check my own story here to see what sort of advice others had given me. Mainly, try to be patient, answer her questions as much and as possible, and as difficult as it may be, try to also see it from her point of view and act accordingly. In the end, time can make the difference in acceptance.

5. Yes, you could definitely pass as a boy. Like most of us here, you'll probably end up looking much younger than you are, but whatever, right? Zenny-boy (ZenFrost) was the first person here to tell me that it's not so much how you look, but rather how confident you are in it. Everything else seems to follow after that. People don't specifically have a radar out for transpeople or CDers; they'll just automatically assume you're genetically male because, hey, you seem to think you are! And who would know better than you?

So I've probably ended up not being much help. But when you've hit ten posts, I encourage you to apply for membership in the Boys' Clubhouse! There'll be even more information and fun for you. Also, you seem pretty young. If you're between 18 and 25, I suggest also applying for the Young Members section once you have 10 posts. It's one of my favorite sections!
    Last edited by Ze; 07-12-2009 at 03:51 PM.

My only alternative suggestion is to first research online which haircut places in your area are considered LGBT-friendly, then e-mail them to confirm that, yes, transpeople are welcome there.
    You can try that... but unfortunately a lot of transmen have been given female haircuts when they try that. Something you'll learn eventually, is that being gay doesn't make someone understand or accept transpeople, and a lot of lesbians see transmen as women, even once they have beards. To be honest, you've probably got as much chance of getting a satisfying male haircut no matter where you go until you're on T.

Most styles that are fairly androgynous still have a noticeable difference between male and female, and if you continue to wear female clothes and just switch in bits of male stuff then it'll be noticed by your peers. Hot Topic supposedly makes some good stuff, but imo there are a lot of independent designers making better stuff that more hits the mark for anyone who's actually a member of a subculture... hunt around on google and you'll find some. Make sure to check out the male sections only and you'll find some very interesting stuff that'll most likely get the right message across.

Well, Hello Tom! (handshake) Welcome to the forum. Trust me, you came to the right place. I was new here a couple months ago, and I got hooked quickly. I learned a lot and got a lot of support...it's a very good place to be...

Anyway, let's get to your issues...

1) I...really can't help you too much with the hair problem. I'm Haitian (Haiti's south of Cuba), which means I have no idea how white guys' hair works or what would work for you. I'm sorry.

2) You will hear this a lot from us: [SIZE="4"]NEVER USE ACE BANDAGES, EVER.[/SIZE] For tips on what to use, go here http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=110895
    As for other passing necessities, as in mannerisms, make sure you know what you're doing with you're hands. Guys and girls use their hands differently. To see what I mean, just go to a mall and people watch for a while. We had a discussion here about whether a fist is the more masculine hand gesture. I personally think it is, but you don't have to follow anything I say.
    Also try not to walk or sit like a girl. In the way you hold your shoulders, act like you've never worn a purse in your life (maybe you haven't, I don't know).
    Obviously, the makeup's gonna have to go.
    Try men's deodorant/body washes.
    Even though nothing really grows there anyway, try shaving your face regularly. The logic behind this is that the fine hair there will grow back slightly thicker and cause your face to look/feel slightly rougher. And if anything, you'll look clean shaven, cause you will be.
    In the way you speak, keep your voice low, just above sounding false. Also, keep your voice calm. Getting over excited with your voice will cause it to go high, and that's not at all what you want. Keeping it calm aso makes it easier to manage. Speak boldly. Speak from the gut, not from the throat.
    Be more aggressive than passive. You are wearing the pants now, so to speak, so act like it, without being a douchebag. Like Ze said, be confident in your gender. Don't look to people to confirm your gender for you. Don't give them the option.
    Also, get in the habit of holding doors open for girls....
    yeah, that's all I can think of at the moment.

3) Shopping for male clothes I've found is a lot easier, simply because the pants sizing makes sense. Measure around your waist in inches. Then, measure from your waist to your heel in inches. This is your pants size. Pretty simple, huh? For example, I have a 34" waist, 32" leg. All my pants say 34x32.
    T-shirts are unisex. Looking at your pics, I you won't need to go beyond a Medium. I'd say you're a small. I've found polos tend to run a size smaller than t-shirts. For dress shirts, don't go above a 15-15.5. As I recall, guy's shoe size numbers run a size smaller than girls, for example, a men's 9 is a women's 10, but it's been such a long time, I don't remember well.
    It's always nice to know how to tie a tie.
    How do you feel about men's underwear?
    As for style, try to avoid tight pants. Regular or loose fit is safer. Since t-shirts are unisex, any men's shirt that isn't a t-shirt is seen as more masculine.

4) Your friends are not you. Your friends are not living your life. For you to be happy with what you see in the mirror is more important than their opinions. Tell them you need to do this for you and if they're your real friends, they'll accept this eventually. As for your mom...geez, there really is no way out of that one. Sorry. She will doubt you, no matter what you do. Just don't back down. Ze posted hys coming out story. I personally think it's about as positive as you can hope to get. For a downer, you can read mine: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=108817

5) Do I think you can pass as male? Honestly, I think it is going to be really, really hard. I mean, going by your pictures, you do Fem pretty damn well. You're not trying to go from butch to male or even tomboy to male. You're trying to get to male from the complete opposite end of the spectrum. With work, yeah, you can pass as male, but get used to being seen as 14-16 again for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by brylram View Post
    You can try that... but unfortunately a lot of transmen have been given female haircuts when they try that. Something you'll learn eventually, is that being gay doesn't make someone understand or accept transpeople, and a lot of lesbians see transmen as women, even once they have beards.
    You're dead on about that; I guess I didn't express that well enough in my post. (That was my point of actually "checking up" on a supposedly LGBT-friendly place before going in.)

I guess I'm also talking from lucky experience. The blatantly gay hairstyler I went to seemed to really get what I was going for, but I don't doubt that he's a diamond in the rough.

For the clothes, I didn't mean there were no male/female differences to those styles, but rather it's more "acceptable" for genders to switch it up. A lot of the boys wear women's style skinny leg jeans (like myself), while some of the girls wear really baggy men's pants, etc. I feel it's the best way for somebody new to ease into the public sphere, especially if they're already into the style(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton
    1) I...really can't help you too much with the hair problem. I'm Haitian (Haiti's south of Cuba), which means I have no idea how white guys' hair works or what would work for you. I'm sorry.
    Now see, I didn't know that about you, lil' bro! Maybe if you'd post a picture every once in a while...
    Last edited by Ze; 07-12-2009 at 11:14 PM.

*takes a deep breath* okay lots to reply to. And honestly I couldn't be happier about it xD

so yeah about the terminology... crossdressing vs FTM vs transgender vs whatever... I'll admit I have no idea what I'm talking about. Tried researching it via google, but it all just confused me really. So I don't know what I am, I just know how I feel =P

going to the salon about a play is a really good idea actually, and I'm excited to try it. I was a bit apprehensive about what kindof reactions I might get.

okay. no ace bandages. check. I'm so glad someone told me. Aquiring special-made compressing items is going to be a bit difficult until I break it to my mother about this whole thing. I don't even know what I'm going to say yet.

Thank you for pointing out about the body language thing. It really is something I need to make a note to work on. But no worries about the purse, ive used them but hardly ever. Gothic pants have lots of pockets =D

speaking of gothic... now that I think about it it probably won't be much of a problem. The whole shopping thing just has me worried, thats all. Maybe I'll force some friends to come allong. But thank you for the sizing tips. Hadn't thought of that. Luckilly I already know my shoe size thanks to my chucks. And ties? Its actually really funny that you mention that because I'm wearing one right now. I have more ties than my brother. hehe.

Mens underwear? *shrugs* I've kinda always wanted to wear boxers.

I am 18, just so you know. Looking younger... eh well I've always looked a bit younger anyway. I need to do some posting to get up to 10 already... silly rule

makeup: my friend did my makeup in that picture. I don't know how the hell to do it correctly anyway, loosing it is not a problem haha

I think what I'm going to do.. is I have a friend who was wanting to dress up as guys for an anime convention. I'll use that as an excuse to explain all the crazy changes to my mother, and then break the news to her after. That way maybe it won't be such a huge suprise. Not only that... theres a chance that If I tell her before hand that it will be more difficult to attain the items/haircut/clothes that I need. My mom already knows I like women, and she took that confession pretty well, so hopefully she'll be more accepting.

Thanks so much for all of your help. I posted similar questions on other sites and didn't get nearly as much suggestions. I definately came to the right place. This has cheered me up so much. Thank you!!!

Probly not too much help here, but the second picture reminded me alot of Bill Kaulitz from Tokyo Hotel XD ( for those not in the know of Bill: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...1929022998.jpg )

Bills a very pretty boy, even when he does the massivly poofed/spiked thing with his hair. XD

Anyways, being fairly new here as well, welcome to the forums you can get SO much info and support from everyone here.

So I guess my only advice is really...

Haircut: Go with something that suits your face and male 'feel' you want to portray. Each style has its own pros and cons just as with female haircuts. If you have it long now and worry about going short, maybe get a mid length cut first and see how it goes before say trading in for a buz cut. If in doubt, buy a wig to see how you look and feel in a short short 'do. There are lots available out there even short 'boy' styles.

Again to beat the dead horse ace bandageds no, proper binders yes They have ones for tops as well as lower body binders from what Ive seen to give less curve to your body and help make it look a bit square/flatter.

I'll likely get smacked butttt... If you are in the USA Hot Topic might be a good place to look. Every time I've gone I've been able to get soem great 'every day' stuff at good prices. Tshirts, pants, hoodies, etc etc. Hit the sales rack too >.>... Im a sales junky and you can find some fantastic deals on stuff there. Other than that, depending on where you are bum around head shops and even possibly a Walmart if you can. I get alot of basic guy stuff from the evil that is walmart but hey, its good quality and good prices so it helps if your budget is limited.

As for passing hey well that takes time really. I dont think I pass at all and Im going for the whole androgynous goth boy look most days, but my friends tell me otherwise and I'm sure your's will too. Plus when it comes down to it, its more about how YOU feel about yourself and what makes you feel happy and whole right? So start slow and work towards things you want and soon you'll find a look for you thats right for you to be happy with

(If none of this made sence, im sorry.. its 3am and I really should be banned from any form of posting whem im kinda half asleep ^_^

Reguardless, as one of the token goths 'round here, if you need shopping tips, makeup tips, hair tips etc give me a hollar and I'll give you all the info I can

Once again, Welcome and good luck!!

<3 <3
    -\/incent
    Keep your freak flag flyin'!

I'd rather you hate me
    For everything I am
    Than have you love me
    For something that I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    Now see, I didn't know that about you, lil' bro! Maybe if you'd post a picture every once in a while...
    yeah, I kinda figured I was the token black guy around here...and, to post a picture, it kinda helps to own a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    so yeah about the terminology... crossdressing vs FTM vs transgender vs whatever... I'll admit I have no idea what I'm talking about. Tried researching it via google, but it all just confused me really. So I don't know what I am, I just know how I feel =P
    Yeah, I've been collecting information for a couple years now, and I know I still haven't learned everything. Only a couple months ago, I learned transsexual and transgendered are not the same thing...have fun researching!

okay. no ace bandages. check. I'm so glad someone told me. Aquiring special-made compressing items is going to be a bit difficult until I break it to my mother about this whole thing. I don't even know what I'm going to say yet.
    Just a suggestion, you could send out a money order for a binder and have it shipped to a friend's house....
    As for your mom, I suggest waiting til after you've done a little research and convey to her with the correct terms and evidence, just how you feel

Gothic pants have lots of pockets =D
    Yes, I remember those pants...very useful when it came to carrying stuff...also very annoying when I got stuck on every chair I sat in...

Mens underwear? *shrugs* I've kinda always wanted to wear boxers.
    the reason I ask is because some transguys pack their underwear (briefs) with specially made packers, or just a sock, to get a realistic looking bulge there. I'm a boxers man myself, so I don't...but if I'm going too far too fast on this, just ignore me.

Thanks so much for all of your help. I posted similar questions on other sites and didn't get nearly as much suggestions. I definately came to the right place. This has cheered me up so much. Thank you!!!
    Yeah, we just kick ass like that.

Not a problem. Learning the basic terms themselves may just take time, but here's a nifty list made from an acquaintance of mine. Hopefully it'll be a good place for you to start off from.

And ties? Its actually really funny that you mention that because I'm wearing one right now. I have more ties than my brother. hehe.
    Ties are simply awesome.

I need to do some posting to get up to 10 already... silly rule
    Not really. I see it as a great safety measure. A lot of us here are closeted, not fully out, or just want to be left alone, so the 10 post rule keeps spammers, gossipers, pedophiles, preying fetishers, etc from squirming into our profiles and album pictures and stuff to raise havoc. Then when you have general access to the site itself (i.e. after 10 posts), then you can start applying to all of the super cool extra bits you can qualify for.

Quote Originally Posted by \/incent
    (If none of this made sence, im sorry.. its 3am and I really should be banned from any form of posting whem im kinda half asleep ^_^
    *makes a note*

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    yeah, I kinda figured I was the token black guy around here...and, to post a picture, it kinda helps to own a camera.
    You never know, Thorn. There are plenty of guys around here who don't have any pictures up. You're just so quick to label yourself, aren't you?

Yeah, we just kick ass like that.
    Yes...yes we do.

Quote Originally Posted by \/incent View Post
    Probly not too much help here, but the second picture reminded me alot of Bill Kaulitz from Tokyo Hotel XD
    O.O *flattered* He's effing beautiful...

Not a problem. Learning the basic terms themselves may just take time, but here's a nifty list made from an acquaintance of mine. Hopefully it'll be a good place for you to start off from.
    THANKS!!

Not really. I see it as a great safety measure. A lot of us here are closeted, not fully out, or just want to be left alone, so the 10 post rule keeps spammers, gossipers, pedophiles, preying fetishers, etc from squirming into our profiles and album pictures and stuff to raise havoc. Then when you have general access to the site itself (i.e. after 10 posts), then you can start applying to all of the super cool extra bits you can qualify for.
    You're right, I'm just whining about it xD

Just a suggestion, you could send out a money order for a binder and have it shipped to a friend's house....
    As for your mom, I suggest waiting til after you've done a little research and convey to her with the correct terms and evidence, just how you feel
    Good idea. Especially since I don't have a credit card yet *nods*
    the reason I ask is because some transguys pack their underwear (briefs) with specially made packers, or just a sock, to get a realistic looking bulge there. I'm a boxers man myself, so I don't...but if I'm going too far too fast on this, just ignore me.
    ah... im fairly new to this. so i think i'm gonna lay off on the packing idea until i'm more comfortable with crossdressing.

And I've printed out pictures of the haircut I want. I'll be getting it either today or tomorrow, I'll post pics!

But until then... heres some pics of what happened when I went through my wardrobe today....

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o...ses/guyme2.jpg
    My gay friend was drooling over this one... said, and I quote, "no seriously o.o I'm like pounce take me now with yur strap on o.o XD"

AHAHAHA xD

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o...icture0180.jpg

Cap = instant guyness o.O;
    don't mind the girly jacket =P it was the shape I was going for... *makes a mental note to guy some sweatshirts*
    But yeah. It made me look younger but I was suprised at the sudden change... I'm really looking forward to my haircut now. ^^

Thanks so much... for the ten thousandth time. This probably won't be the last time you hear me thank you xD You all are such a huge help I don't even know what I'd do without you. You've given me a lot of confidence in going through with this. *smiles*

Cap = instant guyness o.O
    Which is why I'm obsessed with hats. It can do a lot for a look.

And see? Told you you were passable. You're definitely a boy in the second picture; the first you almost are, but I feel your hair is what might make people take a second guess. (But you already know that. ) I still love your face in the first one, though. :P

And even if you don't feel that you need help anymore, feel free to stick around! This is a great place to make some virtual friends and help keep your confidence.

Cap = instant guyness o.O;
    Yeah, I can't believe I didn't mention that. Befriend hats. Hats and belts.

Thanks so much... for the ten thousandth time. This probably won't be the last time you hear me thank you xD You all are such a huge help I don't even know what I'd do without you. You've given me a lot of confidence in going through with this. *smiles*
    Please, you're too kind...

And even if you don't feel that you need help anymore, feel free to stick around! This is a great place to make some virtual friends and help keep your confidence.
    don't need help anymore?! are you kidding me? xD This is a huge change I'm going through. I need all the help and support I can get! Remember, I'm still new to all this.
    Yeah, I can't believe I didn't mention that. Befriend hats. Hats and belts.
    oh? why belts?

don't need help anymore?! are you kidding me? xD This is a huge change I'm going through. I need all the help and support I can get! Remember, I'm still new to all this.
    Ha! Sorry. The way you were talking, I thought a push in the right direction was all you needed/wanted for right now. I figured you'd be back for more, either way. We're addictive. *nods*

So good! Stay!

oh? why belts?
    Guys wear belts because they don't have hips like chicks and their pants will fall down if they don't wear one. Unless the whole pants-halfway-down-your-ass is the look you're going for, I suggest wearing a belt because it's simply a staple of masculine clothing...

Anything else I'm forgetting about clothing....

Layers help make your chest seem flatter...

Ok that's all I got on clothes.

No, I remembered another one.

If you're lacking in body hair, don't wear shorts or sleeveless shirts...it would raise eyebrows
    Last edited by Thornton; 07-13-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Wear a guy's shoe. A men's sneaker helps a lot, they're a completely different shape than a women's shoe. Men's (in the US) are generally about 2 numbers smaller than the women's size. So if you wear an 8 in women's first try a 6 in guys. You may have to shop in the boy's department.

You don't look like you have a lot of curves (you lucky @#$!). Get clothes that fit you: baggy = not so good. Just a little loose.

Also: on belts: Thick belts, thicker is better. Also you can have huge freaking belt buckles and that's fun.
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Update

guys... i got my hair cut...

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/measaguy.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o.../measaguy2.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o.../measaguy3.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o...d5a46bcb2c.jpg

i dont think i could possibly be happier.... omg

i would so squeel like a girl right now but that kinda ruins it xD

i found that my old corset is good for binding.
    but it's still not completely flat... what are some cheap suggestions that i can use until im able to buy a propper compressor?

MAKEUP AND HAIR GURU
    hair looks good...I'd like to point out something that may be going unnoticed...hair products in your hair would do wonders for the emo look. Also, have you thought about going on the T? That'll deepen your voice and add facial hair. It'll do all sorts of masculine things to you as well.

Have you thought about working out and lifting weights? This will make you more guy like especially if you're sipping the T.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Katelyn View Post
    hair looks good...I'd like to point out something that may be going unnoticed...hair products in your hair would do wonders for the emo look. Also, have you thought about going on the T? That'll deepen your voice and add facial hair. It'll do all sorts of masculine things to you as well.

Have you thought about working out and lifting weights? This will make you more guy like especially if you're sipping the T.
    hair products sound good... but i dont know how or what to do with them and my hair o.o

about T... um well i havent even told my mother about my transgender stuff yet. so its unlikely i'll be able to get it any time soon. also i heard that its hard to get hormones if you have any emotional/mental problems...

id really love some tips on helping with my voice... ive been practicing but i kinda fail.

and yes i have thought of working out. but i also need some help as to what weights to lift in what way to get tones in the right places

I just wanna say one thing...sorry, no advice right now [self-inflicted headache alert, I’ll come back to this post]

You are a very beautiful boy. I'm severely jealous of you.

[SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by NiCo View Post
    I just wanna say one thing...sorry, no advice right now [self-inflicted headache alert, I’ll come back to this post]

You are a very beautiful boy. I'm severely jealous of you.

D: thank you!! i honestly never thought it would turn out this well.

though i always thought i had the right facial structure to be a guy..

still its such a huge shock to me

D: thank you!! i honestly never thought it would turn out this well.

though i always thought i had the right facial structure to be a guy..

still its such a huge shock to me
    I understand you completely mate, it was five years this year at the tender age of 16 when i decided to begin moving towards living full time as male, feeling like i had my whole life but had been forced to wear female things to please my parents.

On T now and loving every day that ticks by, even drama filled days, i still have that big grin inside whilst a frown inhabits my face. I'm happy, and by your posts, so too are you.

It's a great feeling man, but if you decide to go full steam ahead with this, it's not gonna be easy, but at least if not in person, you have us to help and support you.

Looking good though man, deffo got the masculine look shining right out of ya...as i said, jealous is burning, i want your hair! Lol.
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    I must admit that when I started reading about getting an emo haircut I thought it was not a good idea. Emo guys sometimes look kind of girlie. But your pictures after the haircut are just amazing.

I think you can totally pass. How tall are you?