Thread: Friends....

Friends....

So, I've had a great first week, you all have helped tremendously both me and my SO. But we both have been sitting here trying to figure out how to go about finding other people local with a similar lifestyle. Everyone we find, granted this is online, is looking for sex or some weird fetish to be fulfilled (granted my SO and I are not exactly shy about this stuff) but it's not what we want. Was wondering if anyone had found a certain type of place or if there were support groups that specialize in this type of situation. You gals are great, but it would be nice to have someone to sit down and have a few drinks with and just talk to.
    [SIZE="3"]"What a Long Strange Trip it's been" [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewDanielle View Post
    ...Everyone we find, granted this is online, is looking for sex or some weird fetish to be fulfilled (granted my SO and I are not exactly shy about this stuff) but it's not what we want...
    Tell me about it. I'm not even actively trying to meet anyone like me, but I still get propositioned frequently by people looking for someone to service their needs. I started deleting "friends" on facebook because I'm tired of the whole "Oooh - look, a t-girl! Sex talk time!" bs that runs rampant there... at least in my experience. Wtf?

In terms of how to meet people in your area, you might have some luck int the Meeting Place. Not sure if you've poked around there yet. Be advised, some of the people who seek others there are in fact looking for sexual relationships. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't be put off because that is what some people are looking for. Just be very clear of your personal intentions in meeting others.

There should be some local groups in your area, too. You'll have to do some research, but most areas have some kind of cd or tg meetings that take place monthly-ish. You might be able to find people of similar interest by attending some of those meetings.

Give it some time, Danielle. Meeting people of similar interest isn't all that easy when tg is not part of the mix. Being tg in a world that frowns on such a thing makes it that much more difficult. Be patient and persistent, and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

You may want to try U R Not Alone (urnotalone.com). They have all types there, plus they also have a lot of the local support groups listed, not Tri-Ess type groups though. I have also met a few people from there and have had great luck so far. You just need to email and chat a lot to get to know them before meeting in order to eliminate the misfits. I have also met a few ladies from this site. I have accomplished that by responding to other's posts and then sending a PM to those that appeared interesting. Again great luck so far with a few no shows included. It has worked for me. Good luck.

Hi Danielle,

There is a group that meets on the Peninsula once a month. It's an opportunity to get dressed, get out and meet others.

Take care,
    Sophia

You could try putting something in our own meeting place section just click [SIZE="2"]HERE[/SIZE] to get taken straight to it
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    I think you will find a few girls from your area on here and as someone else mentioned URNotalone.com has people listed from every where looking for just about everything. We just went to some of the conventions like Be-All and SCC and before you knew it you were running into people that were close to you.

Aspiring Member
    Look for your local chapter of Tre-Ess.

I also had that same problem with meeting people,too many weirdo's out there via the internet. I just gave up looking. Now that doesn't mean I would not like a friend to talk to or go out and have lunch with, it just means its safer in MHO to talk to other CDs via this forum
    just north of crook county,in the land of Lincoln(if he could see it now)

Meeting

I can tell you that so far no one has wanted to meet me for a coffee or to go shopping.All I get is people wanting to have sex.