Thread: Finding myself...

Finding myself...

I just had a great night with my SO. I kind of came out to her yesterday and showed her a pic of me with make-up and a wig on and told her that I was "bored" and wanted to see what it looked like...(bad lie). I was taking a chance but I knew she was pretty open minded.

She said today that she was a little freaked out last night, but she thought about it and realized that I was still the same person I was the day before. I told her that I liked putting on make-up and feeling "femme" and she actually embraced it! We went out and bought me some make up and she showed me some techniques!

After we put the make-up on me, she said I looked really hot! (she is Bi, but after she met me she didn't want to pursue that avenue anymore--we've been together for 5 years now)

She's looking forward to going shoe shopping next weekend with me and seeing me with a cute outfit on!

I think we have found a new thing to embrace and explore together. I am glad that I realized who I am and am not feeling ashamed about something that feels "right" to me.

Thank you girls for being here for me as I learn who the woman in me is...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcy_in_hose View Post
    ...I think we have found a new thing to embrace and explore together. I am glad that I realized who I am and am not feeling ashamed about something that feels "right" to me.
    What an awesome coming out to your SO story! I really enjoy hearing the success stories (as in acceptance by the SO).

There are many new areas to explore with your femme side and your SO. My wife and I discovered that after I came out to her last year. There truly is a whole new world of possibilities once the doors have been opened to having fun with being transgendered. And it IS fun. I enjoy it very much, as does my wife.

In terms of personal acceptance, I'm glad you are not ashamed of being who you are. I was for most of my life, but that ended some time back when I accepted myself as well. It was stupid to waste so many years hating myself for some terrible "condition" (note the quotes) I suffered from when in reality, it was a beautiful gift that I never knew how to appreciate. I do appreciate it now though. I'm very thankful to be this way and wouldn't trade it for the wold! I with society would give us a break, but even though it is still a social taboo to "be who I am", I'm still happy to be me.

Enjoy sharing your whole self with your SO. I'm sure the two of you will have a lot of fun with it! Truth be told, EVERYONE in life has more fun when they're allowed to be themselves, which is something most people take for granted as most people don't have to deal with a social taboo in being themselves.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

That is good news Marcy. Just remember that she may well have some questions for you, please be honest with your answers, and at times may be a little "off" towards your cding, it's all natural sometimes an SO gets so overwhelmed that she can't cope, but if you talk to each other hopefully you should be able to iron out any little troubles that may arise.

Good luck, enjoy and have fun together.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Marcy give her time, you never know where she will go from here. Congratsulations.

Huggs Keli

So I should take it a bit slow? It seems like that might be a good idea. I don't want her to freak out or feel negative towards it for any reason. I'm lucky she has been so accepting about it up to this point. I am glad that these forums are here because I would still be thinking there was something wrong or bad about me. Knowing there are all of you here who share the same gift helps me greatly

Hi Marcy,
    Yes, take it slow. Be honest. Why not invite her to join the forum GGs?
    We're here.
    Good luck.

springtime gg

Quote Originally Posted by springtime View Post
    Hi Marcy,
    Yes, take it slow. Be honest. Why not invite her to join the forum GGs?
    We're here.
    Good luck.

springtime gg
    Ditto what Spring and Sandra has said.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Yup what Sandra, Di and Springtime said, & also remember to put her first on occasions, remember she is your partner and still wants to be treated as the special person in your life. Have fun and enjoy this new relatonship you are embarking on together
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I have been taking it slow with her. She told me today that she would have to work up to seeing me "femme"(as in wearing the clothes). She didn't mind the make-up yesterday. She said that she does want to see "Marcy", it's all still just a bit much right now even for an open-minded person!

I was thinking maybe easing her into it by like wearing maybe my lounge wear (tank top & cute purple or pink sweats) first a few times to break the ice.

Does anyone have a couple of ideas about how to ease her into seeing me totally femmed out?

Just don't make the mistake I made. After we figured out what I was, my wife and I had a dress up night. She was totally hot and into it, and we went further than either of us had expected. Once the hormones kick in, taking things too far is easy. But, once the happy hormones subside, there
    can be buyers remorse. Even though we both enjoyed ourselves immensely, she didn't want to see me en femme again for a very long time because in the cold light of day, it freaked her out.

My point is that as you ease her into it, try to keep the sexual side of things out, or at least have firm boundaries if you do go that route. Acceptance when the judgment isn't clouded will mean a quicker, and smoother path.

Tia

Quote Originally Posted by Marcy_in_hose View Post
    I was thinking maybe easing her into it by like wearing maybe my lounge wear (tank top & cute purple or pink sweats) first a few times to break the ice.
    You could try this but I would let her know when you're going to do this, so that it doesn't come a s a bit of a shock for her to come into a room and see you dressed.

Another thing you could try is, ask her to help you get ready the first time she is to see Marcy? You'd be surprised at how this can break the ice for both of you, but again if she's not up for that then don't push her with it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Way cool love that lady forever. Your a lucky girl hun.
    Angie