I'm very new to crossdressing, I'm starting to get really into it, but I decided to make myself some good realistic boobs. This is what I did:

Materials you'll need:
Bowls
Unflavored Gelatin
Water
non-stick spray
Rubber cement
plastic wrap [Seran Wrap]
Tape
pantyhose

I got two large bowls out of the kitchen that were of equal size and approximately the size I wanted my boobs to be. The boobs will actually be a little bit smaller when you're done.

Next I boiled water and mixed together hot water and 8 packets of knox unflavored gelatin. Spray the bowls with the nonstick spray. I put the bowls in the refrigerator, then poured the gelatin mixture into the bowls until they were at the very top, then left them alone for about 6 hours.

After 6 hours I turned the bowls upside down on a cooking sheet and tapped the bowls until I felt the gelatin separate. Now coat the gelatin with a good coat of rubber cement. This will help seal the gelatin. As it's drying, take some plastic wrap and cover the breast with it. It's important to do this while the rubber cement is still wet so you can push the bubbles out. Once one side is smooth, flip the breast over in your hand [you may need a spatula], coat the bottom with rubber cement, then pull the plastic wrap over the bottom and secure it with tape [I used duct tape, any tape or superglue would probably work].

Let everything dry, usually another 4-6 hours.

Now take a pair of pantyhose and cut off the 'leg' part. Push the breast all the way to the bottom and tie it closed as close to the breast as possible. I did a double knot to make sure it was secured. Snip off the excess legging and shift the pantyhose around until the knot is where a nipple would be.

You're finished! Tuck it into a bra and secure it to yourself with tape or surgical glue and you're good to go!

Here are some things I noticed:

Pros:
Feels natural
I think it has a natural appearance
It bounces
It's durable
It's cheap to make

Cons:
The rubber cement STINKS
Gelatin is fine up to a certain temperature. On a very hot day these might begin to deform...
Gelatin nipples feel fantastic, but are too easily destroyed.