Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Military Physical Exam Disaster - Part 2

Actually not that uncommon from mil docs. There are some that gung-ho but others who see themselves only as doctors with select clientel (military members and thier respective families)

OMG Kathi,

As I was reading your story I was preparing for the absolute worst. And it turned out so wonderful! It is simply amazing. Having had physicals before in the Air Force, I think I would have just melted if I was called back by the same guy.

Michelle

Very nice story, as someone stated what are the odds you would get a doc who had been through this before hand, seems someone was looking out for you.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I,m a SUCKER;

for happy endings! Sniff!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Kathi that was some story. I was in the Army during active service and the Air force for guards and never came close to that happening. However in the guards another airman (before the don't ask don't tell era) was caught with polish on his toenails. Nothing happened to him on the books but he was ridiculed for months to come. You were very lucky.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
    Having had physicals before in the Air Force, I think I would have just melted if I was called back by the same guy.

Michelle
    I had almost forgotten this thread, but someone posted today and it brought all of the memories back. As I read through it, my heart started hammering away again when I talked about the "Don't ask - Don't tell" part, and the thoughts that I was severely busted. A few weeks ago, we had his retirement ceremony. After the presentations and speeches and the like, I came up to him. No one was around. He looked at me, looked around, winked and said "How's my girl?" Oh my God! If I wasn't around so many guys, I would've broken down in tears, hugged him and bawled into his chest. I told him that I wish I could have known Melody. He agreed, saying that we were a lot alike and I'm sure we would have been friends. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    Kathi that was some story. I was in the Army during active service and the Air force for guards and never came close to that happening. However in the guards another airman (before the don't ask don't tell era) was caught with polish on his toenails. Nothing happened to him on the books but he was ridiculed for months to come. You were very lucky.
    I prefer the term "blessed." My life has been so wierd, and yet so charmed, that I know something higher than mere luck is watching out for me.

Kathi