Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde?

Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde?

There a couple of threads floating around today that prompted me to post an interesting question.

Are you two different people? I mean do you act totally different as a guy or a girl?

I have a very close friend that is a CD. She is very masculine as a guy. She always says that it takes her three hours to get ready because she has to "wash the masculinity off". She transforms from being a rugged, masculine, macho man (pretty good looking one too) into a soft, fem, girly girl.

I on the other hand am pretty much the same person in guy or girl mode. I do have to make sure I don't cross the line as a guy but I do a lot of fem things. I wear two earrings (except when I have business meetings), work on my tan, shave my entire body, wear tight, bright clothes, love to dance, etc.

When I dress my fem side is magnified. I walk different, have more fem gentures, obviously wear women's clothing, etc. But I am really the same person, same personality, same voice (generally), etc.

I went out to a club with my daughter (22) a few weeks ago. She actually commented on how I am really the same person.

Isn't that what we all need to work towards? If we do then we will come to accept our dressing easier. Right? If we are working to keep these two sides at odds then we will always have internal conflct. Won't we?

I think this is why it wasn't a total shock to the people I've come out to. They always knew I was different, more fem. They came to know and love me for who I really am. The fact that I wear women's clothing sometimes doesn't make me a different person.

Just some things to think about.

What do you think?

Kisses,

Allie

Yes, I was. More and more though the two people are merging. Its actually because the more I accept Tricia, the closer I am to being her. Not sure if that makes much sense but it was I feel. Trish is at least part of the family now!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I'm pretty much the same when in female mode, although I'll let out my fem side a little more when dressed. I still like my beer and sports and other male hobbies.

Felicity.
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Allie, wouldn't that be Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde??? Lol. Great point though!!

Nope two different people !
    I try to keep the boy and girl stuff totally seperate
    for me much more fun that way

Jean Ann

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I am me, no matter which side of the closet I'm picking an outfit from. Yes, as a guy I am pretty darn girly. I make no excuses or apologies for that. I don't accentuate my girliness to extremes when I am in female mode, or my (admittedly paltry) masculinity when in guy mode. Heck, I'm just me!

Kathi

I guess to clarify my question....

Kathi is hitting the nail on the head.

I am really talking more about personality than the physical side of it.

Is your personality the same or do you have two separate peronalities?

I think that is where the confusion within ourselves and with others might come from. If we are the same "person" as a man and a woman then we (and others) should be able to accept our dressing easier. Dressing is simply and external expression (possibly magnified) of the internal self.

When you have two totally separate personalities you are really two different people and you could easily have a lot of internal conflict because these two different people are fighting one another to win. You are always asking yourself who you really are...John or Joan. It is kinda like having a multiple personalty disorder.

Just like Kathi said, I am generally the same person no matter which side of the closet I'm picking my clothes from. The closer we can get to the same the more at peace we become.

Thoughts?

Kisses,

Allie
    Last edited by AllieSummers; 07-14-2009 at 05:34 PM.

I'm almost the same person when I'm in guy mode. In Dekka-mode I only relax my arms and open my hands when walking. Oh, and swear a little less...=)

Banned Read only
    i definatly am 2 different people when dressed and when im in guy mode cause im lasy heres what i put in one of my other posts
    "as you may have noticed i refer to both male side and my dressed side bethany separately,this is because i view my crossdressing side as a individual,a split in my personality(like the mild mannered office clerk who becomes a serial killer in horror movies)i do beleive although me (benjamin) and bethany are the same person, we are 2 separate intertwined entertys(thats my anyway.)"

love bethany xxxxxx

I'm pretty much the same also but I can be a little submissive when dressed. It's been a bit of a revelation really. Maybe I've always been this way but my dressing has brought it to the fore. I must say that I don't mind feelling this way.
    K.

Allie,
    I have to say I'm me no matter which clothes I'm wearing and that was expressed this afternoon when I came out to a ggf from work.

Teri

I am just one. After my divorce last November I have been able to let my guard down a lot. I do not have to worry so much about the male image. A lot of people in my red neck paper mill work place, think that I am gay. Because I got my ears pierced, got divorced, let my guard down. ect. ect. It can be a struggle sometimes. But I need to be me and what the small minded redneck people think of me does not matter. Unless of course they try and hurt me. So I am just one and that one is free to be me now and I like it. It really scares me to death as to how far this girl in me might come out to everyone. But it is me and I am good inside and out.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

I am getting closer to being the same person, like Kathi said, I may be considered a bit girly. But the older I get, 50 this friday I am trying to be who I was born as, not who I was taught to be.
    May the stars carry your sadness away,
    May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
    May hope forever wipe away your tears,
    And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSummers View Post
    Is your personality the same or do you have two separate peronalities?

My ego takes up too much room to allow for another personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Ann S View Post
    Nope two different people !
    I try to keep the boy and girl stuff totally seperate
    for me much more fun that way

Jean Ann
    [SIZE=4]I agree same for me[/SIZE]
    Mistybtm

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I am me, no matter which side of the closet I'm picking an outfit from. Yes, as a guy I am pretty darn girly. I make no excuses or apologies for that. I don't accentuate my girliness to extremes when I am in female mode, or my (admittedly paltry) masculinity when in guy mode. Heck, I'm just me!

Kathi
    Kathi, you described me perfectly. I am Me, no matter what I am wearing! Which many times is a little of both!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I Have Too Many Personalities to Keep Track Of!

Not really, I'm pretty much the same, just prettier to look at, trust me...

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Allie,

How you describe yourself is fairly similar to how I am, as is what Kathi said. I'm a fairly girly guy and so act pretty much the same way in guy or girl mode. The only thing I would say that is different is that I'm a little bit less talkative in girl mode (especially when out dressed in public)
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Gold Member
    Hi Allie. Interesting question.. For me, it IS like having 2 different personalities, at least from my point of view. I feel when I'm dressed, I take on a very feminine persona, right down the jestures. Very different from my male side.

Yes, I (Aubrey) and my male counter life are two completely different people. Some of the like and dislikes are the same, minor stuff, but that's it. My male side is pretty quiet and really unafraid of daily life, while I am afraid I might break a nail (fake) or my hair or clothes might not be right, and as you can tell by my answer, am quite chatty!

First of all, let me say i'm new to crossdressing, I'm a very manly man, and i have very manly traits. (that i've very proud of). I am who i am. However, i have a totally seperate set of feelings on when i feel girly, fem and the need to be in panties, bright colors, and makeup. I feel the need to accessorise and look pretty all the time.

So, i guess i'm two different personalities of the same person. One i'm me, the other i'm acting out my deepest fantasy.

I think once you get behind the male image I am generally the same person, so much so most of the people that know both sides of me still refer to me by my male name. I have noticed life is lived more slowly when dressed and therefore Barbara is a good person to be part of my life whether seen as seperate or one.

I'm just me all the time. When dressed I act a bit more girly, I think, but like a few others here I've always had some girly-like gestures and actions. Didn't really think about those until I started dressing. When dressed I try to act more like a woman but underneath it's just the old me really.

I'm preity much the same in either mode. Maybe few slight differences.
    Angie

I'm very much two different people when dressed. I walk, act & talk differently trying to accentuate everything femme when Trycia is out