Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dresses for men?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Only if they looked liked women's dresses ... i.e. feminine. I can't think of anything worse than "man-ing up" a beautiful feminine garment like a dress and expecting me to wear it.

I'm a crossdresser, and so when I wear women's clothes I want to feel pretty and that's not what guys' clothes do for me at all .... not even a "guy version" dress!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I would never wear items of clothing that are female, but designed to fit a man's frame. No no no.

I like to wear women's clothes and be as femme as I can be.

Have you ever seen the womens panties designed for men to wear, they are just hideously ugly and revolting.

I fear the same would apply to outer germents.

For me its a big BIG no-no

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

small sample results

This is a small sample of folks so far, but it's starting to look like the "Women wear pants, why can't men wear skirts?" argument has some problems. Although it can be part of the discussion, I hate to see it as a central focus.

I agree the main reason I wear women's clothing is to somehow get closer to my image of what I would be like if born a woman. The only real benefit I would see in the popularization of "dresses for men" would be a more open society that would give crossdressers a little more room.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Dress for men would ruin all the fun of crossdressing. Dressing is like another dimension of world to advanture in. Having dress for men is taking all that advanture away. Not only I don't like to wear dress for men (if it were there), I would feel sad to see those.

I guess people are all different. So that is just for me. If there is a way to make my body complete femine permanently (SRS), I would not take it becasue that to me is taking much the fun out of dressing.

I guess that puts me (roughly) in the category of crossdressers. :-)

Aspiring Member
    I would not try the new fashions.
    I like womens clothes because of the feel and not the non conformity of fashion.
    Sexy soft undies, bra skirt wig make up, painted toe nails and heels.
    My idea of a de stressing, relaxing evening alone while my wife is out.
    The excitement of doing something I shouldn't and the fact I could get caught add to the special feelings.

No I would not wear a dress or skirt if mans fashion made it the norm.

There was actually a study done on just this subject. They came to the conclusion that most crossdressers would still prefer to wear womens fashions.

For me, a lot of the fun of crossdressing are the fabrics and feminine styles. I don't care for kilts, especially the cargo ones. If they designed dresses or skirts for men, I wouldn't wear them. Just as I don't like women in men's suits, I wouldn't like dresses and skirts in men's styles.

Kind of like the "men's bras" in another thread. They are kind of girly looking, but are just flat chested bras to me. If I'm wearing a bra, I want it filled with boobs, even if they're fake, and wouldn't wear something like that that's marketed towards men.

Banned Read only
    Okay, let me get this straight.

Most of you wear men's clothing most of the time, and women's clothing some of the time. Right?

Kilts & such like are men's clothing.

Yet you would refuse to wear them at such times as you would otherwise ordinarily be wearing men's clothing. And nothing would indicate that you could not still wear women's clothing whenever you pleased.

Sensors indicate a giant Logic Fail Wormhole has just opened off our starboard, Captain. What shall we do?

Perhaps I don't understand. It looks as if the crossdressing idea involves wearing "women's clothes" rather than a particular variety of garment. That is, a kilt or a man-skirt is a garment marketed for men, and thus wearing it is not cross-dressing. Wearing jeans or slacks purchased from the women's rack is crossdressing, even if the garment is visually indistinguishable from the same garment off the men's rack. Note that I am discussing clothing only, not the attempt to pass as a member of the opposite gender.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I consider dresses for men in the same area as pantyhose, silk underware, silk long johns, make up etc. made for men. Not interested.

Would you wear these fashions and get rid of your bras and breastforms? Would you toss your panties, hip pads and corsets or cinchers and fill your closet with guy skirts or would you continue wearing the more feminine styles associated with womens wear?

If I tossed all my girl stuff, I'd not be a crossdresser anymore! So unless the fashions were feminine like what I wear now, I wouldn't be interested

Not a chance! I like to wear these things in large part BECAUSE they are for women. A garment made for manly men would hold no appeal what so ever for me

Aspiring Member

I'm with Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    I like the whole package of looking and feeling feminine. It is more than just the clothing. Dresses and skirts for men would probably lack some of the features that distinguish women's clothing such as bows, lace, fabrics and colors. The men's styles would be more functional and masculine instead of pretty, soft and flowing.
    It's the "Femininity" I crave also

I would be all over it like flies on poop!!!