Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having a hard time convincing my wife to let me keep my legs shaved

I challenge you to raise $100 for charity by getting those legs waxed.

Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

This comes up over and over again.

First, no one except your wife will care. If people look at your legs there is a reason and it probably isn't really any of their business.

Second, if your wife cares and is not comfortable with it...Don't do it. Unless you like TV dinners and sleeping in a one room apartment with the bathroom down the hall.

Then ease into explaining it to her. Other men won't care or notice. Women may notice but they won't say anything.

I am sure your wife is an intelligent and observant human being. You can explain that shaving isn't the end of the world, that millions of macho men shave body parts and some men don't even HAVE leg hair that is noticeable but look like bears elsewhere. If she is open minded she will start noticing that everyone looks different (of course that puts her in the top category of looking but it really isn't their business) and she may relent as long as you maintain it so it isn't uncomfortable for her when she wants to get close.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Well we talked briefly about it, and I decided to go ahead and shave. I sent her a text message that I had done it and she sent back a

Hair grows back. If she doesn't like it, I'll let it grow back and not push the issue again.

Rebecca.....who's legs are they? Your or your wifes. Try telling her what she can or can't do with her body. I'll bet it would go over like a fart in church. They are YOUR legs. If you want them shaved, then shave them.

I go with the comment above, Karynspanties. This is a control issue, she is controlling you with her "objections". Decide if you want to determine your own destiny, and if you don't, which is your perogative, then act accordingly.

It has nothing to do with "convincing" anyone.
    Karen Francis

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    The "issue" seems to me, is not that your wife doesn't want you to shave your legs, it's that she doesn't want anyone to find out ... especially your friends and your acquaintances

I don't know your "life values" or what type of people you, your wife, and your friends are, but not having hair on one's legs doesn't need an explanation. Truthfully you just prefer yourself that way ... same as facial hair and not having a beard. IMHO the problem is that this is about perceptions of sexual orientation based upon stereotypical images in society. People fear reactions from people who can't or won't understand.

I understand it's not the hair itself, it's what not having any represents to some people. That requires a change in attitude or a change in friends! I have personally experienced this myself ... my guy friends questioned me when we were at the gym. I had a full body wax - no hair anywhere ... I just told them that I like the "smooth tanned model look" ... I said in a joking way, relax guys, my sexual orientation didn't change when I put the razor down.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I shaved my legs two days ago. Now she loves them. We talked about it quite a bit, and she knows now how much it means to me. She was definitely worried before about what other people would think, but I told her that this is what makes me happy, no one will care, and if they ask I'll just make up some bogus excuse. We're both happy with what came out of it.

Thanks for your support ladies
    My flickr.com username: Rebecca Morris! Come say hello

Good For you!

Silly girls, you might not hear the comments, but people DO notice. The very manly looking security guy at my work showed up in shorts on his day off. After he left, people said "Did you notice he shaves his legs?" Most thought it was a little odd, but that's the extent of it. No real big deal or scandal. Personally I thought his legs looked sexy. He has been away serving in Iraq, so maybe shaving helps with the sand flea problem? Or... who knows?

What I wonder is why anyone cares what the wife's family thinks. Anyway, the worst they will probably think is you're an oddball. Some might even approve of the smooth look. All you have to say is you don't like being that hairy.

Related topic: I wish it were fashionable for men to shave their under-arms. That hair can look really disgusting.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca_morris_75 View Post
    and if they ask I'll just make up some bogus excuse.
    Awww... you had me cheering for you until that statement. WTF you need a bogus excuse for? Are you such an invertebrate that you can't tell your friends you do something because you like it? Do you run from your own shadow, too?

Thanks for your support ladies
    *Ahem* and guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    Related topic: I wish it were fashionable for men to shave their under-arms.
    It is.

Because I do it.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    Related topic: I wish it were fashionable for men to shave their under-arms. That hair can look really disgusting.
    I don't know if anything about armpits can be related to fashion.

Armpit hair is just disgusting!! All people should shave armpit hair. I don't understand why men don't shave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue_CD View Post
    I don't know if anything about armpits can be related to fashion.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Sure it's related to fashion, in the sense that it is or is not the generally accepted way to look in a certain place at a certain time. I'm talking about "fashion" in a broader sense, not whether you should shave before putting on a Vera Wang. (Yes. Yes, you should.)

There was a time long ago when nobody shaved; then some women started doing it and it gradually became common, to the point that it's weird NOT to.

A GG friend of mine took a vacation to Turkey. She and the tour guide hit it off well. He said he liked her, but asked her to stop shaving her legs because it "looks weird." Apparently it's not the acceptable way to look there.

Anyway, I want to thank all you under-arm shavers for helping make the world a little less ugly.

Leg shaving

Hi as a new member pehaps it may be a little presumptious of me to offer advice,but before I went on holiday to Phuket one year I got my SO to wax my legs under the guise that it would be so much better to have a massage without people rubbing the fur the wrong way.When we got back I kept up the practice and just said that it felt so much nicer and although she thinks it strange has accecpted my practice.I go the gym a lot and there are many guys with very little leg hair. Be bold nobody really notices and who is going to say anything anyway.
    Philipa

hehe your wife has strange taste.

dont women normally enjoy hairy chests? never heard of legs before.

you should put your foot down, if she can shave her legs, why not you :P

in all seriousness though, it shouldnt be too big a deal, why not make a compromise, assuming your hair grows back fast enough, how about every second week you get to shave?

i personally dont have naturally very hairy legs, handy for CDing though, barely notice the difference lol
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I don't get restricting your partners. If my wife wanted to let her hair grow on her legs, who am I to say, "ahhhh, no , i don't think so. " It reminds me when my wife wanted to cut her long beautiful hair short. She asked me, and I said, "I don't care, it's your hair and your head." She knew I liked longer hair on women better too. It's just my preference. But I'm not going to hinder other people doing what they want just because it's not on top of my list. It's still her, & she's still beautiful to me. I tell her everyday.
    I don't know. Maybe I have it all wrong. Maybe the DSM V is right, and I'm just a diseased "crossdresser, with askewed thinking.

Whatever
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

It doesn't matter if it is fashionable or not!! Shaved underarams sure do look better. Just do it!!

I wish it were fashionable for men to shave their under-arms. That hair can look really disgusting. [/QUOTE]
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by jazmine View Post
    I don't get restricting your partners. If my wife wanted to let her hair grow on her legs, who am I to say, "ahhhh, no , i don't think so. " It reminds me when my wife wanted to cut her long beautiful hair short. She asked me, and I said, "I don't care, it's your hair and your head." She knew I liked longer hair on women better too. It's just my preference. But I'm not going to hinder other people doing what they want just because it's not on top of my list. It's still her, & she's still beautiful to me. I tell her everyday.
    I don't know. Maybe I have it all wrong. Maybe the DSM V is right, and I'm just a diseased "crossdresser, with askewed thinking.

Whatever
    Right on!

Support is a two way street. it doesn't mean do whatever you want, but you should expect support for reasonable activities that don't harm anyone or put your family and their lifestyle at unreasonable risk. T

Marissa
    Just like everybody else does

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    why don't you wax them, it lasts longer and doesn't look like they have been shaved when it grows back in.

...They know I don't swim competitively and that it wouldn't be for athletic reasons. We just got back from the vacation last weekend, and I haven't shaved since May, and am DYING to do it right now. Is there something I can possibly say to convince her that it's not that big of a deal? I definitely want to respect her wishes, but this hair has GOT to go!
    I haven't sifted through all the responses, so my apologies if this has been mentioned.

I've been shaving everything from the neck down for some time now. To this day, NO ONE has mentioned a thing to me. Absolutely nothing.

The guys at work used to pick on my hairy arms and hands (not mean, just friendly joking). I was worried they'd say something when I began shaving them. Nope - not a thing! No one ever noticed!

People may notice your shaved legs. If they do, go ahead and confirm that you shave them. If they laugh, laugh back at them. Come up with a witty smart-ass comment, and go about your day. Say something like "Yeah, I shave my legs because I got tired of being an itchy neanderthal. Why don't you shave yours too? Oh yeah - you're not MAN enough, my bad!" (then chuckle and smile). Whatever - I'm sure you can come up with something that works for you. The key is to display confidence ALWAYS if ever asked about it.

I was a very hairy guy though, and to this day, no one has said a single word. If they do, I plan to have some fun with the comments rather than feel uncomfortable. But then again, I'm weird like that.

Break out the razor, shave, relax, live the smooth life and be happy!

Good luck, Rebecca.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Take up cycling.
    Hey! that's my excuse! Seriously that excuse would work for about 4 months a year,up here in Canada. When it comes to the pits and the legs,,they're mine! My wife really thinks I'm just "Metro",,,so far....
    Last edited by Jeanna; 07-19-2009 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    Break out the razor, shave, relax, live the smooth life and be happy!

Good luck, Rebecca.
    I did, we both love it, and thank you!
    My flickr.com username: Rebecca Morris! Come say hello

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Awww... you had me cheering for you until that statement. WTF you need a bogus excuse for? Are you such an invertebrate that you can't tell your friends you do something because you like it? Do you run from your own shadow, too?
    I see no problem with making up a bogus excuse if it makes both the OP and his wife comfortable with the whole issue. (better think of one in advance, see my earlier post)
    It seems that the wife is mostly concerned with what others think. I think it's fine to control what they think with some excuse.
    It gets him and his wife both what they want.

Thumbs down

I completely disagree!! There is no reason to make up excuses that are essentially lies. Most folks make up lies when they are doing something illegal like drugs. You are not doing anything illegal. It is your body and if anyone asks, just tell them you don't like body hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I see no problem with making up a bogus excuse if it makes both the OP and his wife comfortable with the whole issue. (better think of one in advance, see my earlier post)
    It seems that the wife is mostly concerned with what others think. I think it's fine to control what they think with some excuse.
    It gets him and his wife both what they want.

They are your legs and you can do whatever you want with them.

Of course she maintains control ofher body too and you may have to go without intimate relations for a while.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.