Thread: Pretty pink produce sack

Pretty pink produce sack

Like everywhere, bringing your own grocery bag is in. A favorite small chain in our area sells bags of different hues. One I purchased was linked to breast awareness and there is the frequently seen breast cancer symbol below the store name. I happen to like pink and I wanted to support cancer research, having had (still have ??) cancer myself.
    Like others, I suppose, I like to have some feminine badge and using this hot pink bag has, I think, drawn some attention-however slight. I like to study facial responses . One young lady saw the pink, and a soft smile crossed her face. I don't interpret this as being anything related to transgenderism, just that she was OK with one externally male carrying this item.
    I wonder if others have had any similar experiences-or may want to watch for the cancer month merchandise to be sold to try something like this to see if there is any reaction? I will honestly say that most probably couldn't care less. Maybe if it was a pink Gucci handbag, that would get a reaction!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Pink makes 'em think

My wife has cancer and we have acquired several bags in pink recently. One is an bike courier style backpack for her computer and other things. When we go out she doesn't have the strength to carry it, so I drop her off by the door and park the car. Then I get to carry her pink bag to meet her.

Yes, I get a lot of looks from people, particularly when I wear the bag over my head to get the comfort it was designed for. I'm starting to like it and may get one for myself.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

It is a great cause and the pink ribbon on everything has become such a recognizable symbol.
    Sarah, your wife is in my prayers. In March, I lost my dad to cancer. It was very unexpected, from diagnosis to his passing was 2 weeks. He was my best friend and I miss him terribly.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Helen and Sara, my prayers are certainly with you, and with anyone who either is suffering from cancer or has lost someone to cancer! I lost my dear wife to cancer 4 1/2 years ago. I wear articles with the pink ribbon, or just pink every chance I get. Of course, some of my pink articles don't get seen by anyone!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 07-16-2009 at 10:52 PM.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

thanks for the well wishes. Cancer can help give you perspective. I happened to speak with a neighbor I hadn't seen in ages when she returned from the common mailbox pod. I truly didn't recognize her! she had lost maybe 30 lbs and it turns out Lynne had malignant melanoma as her cancer-mine is similar cancer. Her's was far more severe and she ultimately had to have her right eye removed-she wears a patch behind the sunglasses-as the tumor was there and there was no way to get to it except the serious surgery of eye removal. I feel so sorry for her as she has cancer elsewhere too, looks very fragile, and it can't be a good prognosis. I can see how fortunate I am to have an isolated incident--I hope!- and will be OK

Platinum Member

In The Pink

A couple of months ago I was at J C PENNEYS and bought a nice pink
    long sleve dress shirt and saw a rack of neckties on sale they where
    breast cancer awarness ties I got two one has pink & silver stripes
    with the breast cancer symbol the other one is all pink with the breast cancer symbol. I have had a lot of positive feedback from the women
    who have seen it.
    .................................................. .............thanks.........ORCHID