Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dresses for men?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Dresses for men?

Women can wear pants and we can't wear dresses is one of the mantras we see from crossdressers on a regular basis. Let's say that a new fashion trend gained popularity and men actually could wear dresses and skirts as normal daily or evening wear. Designers would come up with styles that matched men's bodies with our flat chests and differently shaped hips and bottom.

Would you wear these fashions and get rid of your bras and breastforms? Would you toss your panties, hip pads and corsets or cinchers and fill your closet with guy skirts or would you continue wearing the more feminine styles associated with womens wear?

I'd probably try to do a little of both, hoping that the new styles would make what I'm already doing more acceptable.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Since my wardrobe (for Lori) is Black, Red, Grey, or White I would think that if they made a men's line of skirts and dresses i would wear them almost all the time. But knowing that the style would be rather boring, I am sure that soon the feminine cut will be back on my list.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    If skirts and dresses for men had come out years ago, i probably would have been one of the first to wear them.

I feel so comfortable out wearing a skirt or dress that is is just too bad that society is not accepting for men to wear skirts, etc, but that is just another example of the double standards for ladies, VS Men.

That is very soon to be all behind me, as less than 2 weeks from Now, Denise will be going full time and i will be purging what little bit of guy clothes that i have left

Denise

Since I identify as a female more than male, I would not throw away my breastforms and bras. I like the feminine clothes much more, so I would stick with the feminine side of dressing.

Probably not.....one of the things I like most about crossdressing is the feminine aspect of it. I like "being" a woman. So wearing a dress as a man has little appeal to me.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I do both

I wear skirts as a guy.

I also like breast forms and bras (although that depends on where I am going).
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    If men in dresses and skirts were a new fashion trend in the future, I'd only assume that designers would design more masculine dress and skirt styles for men to wear taking away from the wonderful, beautiful and femenine styles we CD's love to wear. I wouldn't buy them; I'll stick to the many pretty and cute styles that are already out there for women.
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

I like the whole package of looking and feeling feminine. It is more than just the clothing. Dresses and skirts for men would probably lack some of the features that distinguish women's clothing such as bows, lace, fabrics and colors. The men's styles would be more functional and masculine instead of pretty, soft and flowing.

Banned Read only
    I already wear man-skirts. Most of the time from spring to fall, matter of fact. I like the breeze.

Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisGTS View Post
    If men in dresses and skirts were a new fashion trend in the future, I'd only assume that designers would design more masculine dress and skirt styles for men to wear taking away from the wonderful, beautiful and femenine styles we CD's love to wear. I wouldn't buy them; I'll stick to the many pretty and cute styles that are already out there for women.

Just think about it for a min. If this became the norm there would be all kinds of ways to go. I don't dress at work. But if men could wear dresses and skirts I would wear them all the time on the road. When I got home I would go out as Christina. I would not all ways wear the men's dresses But my fem dresses, If some one said "hay your wearing a girls dress " I would say "yes and I am and I don't care if your jealous to".

Sometimes when I am not all dolled up and just want to head out to the store real fast I would love to just put a dress on and go, instead I have to do so much prep that a quick junt out would take 1 hour and a half. So it would be very cool.

Hay and just think of all the men out there whom would be asking there girl friends "does this dress make me look FAT"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Good question. I would probably do both, I love wearing my silk panties and bras and have no intention of giving up my corsets and stockings. But as the other people have said, being able to slip into a dress and run to the corner store without having to put on makeup and such, does appeal to me as well. I would also love to be able to go to the beach wearing a two-piece bikini or one of my one-piece swimsuits swimsuits, so until then I guess I'll have to wear them in private and hope for the day where we can wear want we want, whenever and wherever!

Yes, I think that if most types and styles and fabrics of feminine clothing would become accepted, then I'd go for that.

For me it's not just about the skirt/dress/heels, it's about the colours and fabrics. I don't care so much for the frills and flower prints and such.

Something like this would work for me, if it was in a different colour, like light orange or dark blue with gold stripes.
    http://blogs.fashionweekdaily.com/wp...owne-skirt.bmp

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Probably not.....one of the things I like most about crossdressing is the feminine aspect of it. I like "being" a woman. So wearing a dress as a man has little appeal to me.

Same here.. I think the same way about the "mantyhose" that they are trying to market.. I don't want a pair of mens pantyhose.. I told this girl I was talking to on line about my cross dressing and she said why couldn't I wear mens socks that are more nylon than cotton and I said because they are mens socks,, 'nuff said..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I'm with you Sara, But I think I would still prefer wearing panties as underwear no matter if the dress was a man's style or women's.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I have worn skirts while fully male, and really enjoyed it. I look for opportunities to do so outside, and of course often wear skirts and dresses in private, while not in any other way feminine. And I've done a certain amount of gender-bending with jewellery, make-up, lingerie, heels etc., again still not trying to pass as female, but presenting as a male wearing all that frilly sort of stuff. If there were more opportunities to do I certainly would take advantage of them, though my spouse does not approve, so there won't be many chances.

All the same, I don't think that would stop me wanting to be very feminine at times. I only came to really presenting myself as female relatively recently, but it was a revelation how much I enjoyed it, and I don't think being a man in a skirt is going to satisfy fully.

I tend to think of masculine/feminine and male/female as being aspects of me that are at right angles to one another. That is, one has to do with gender or maybe just style, while the other has to do with physicality. And they exist quite independently. I also think sexuality is another aspect that is again at right angles. One can be attracted to women or men, or both, and that has nothing to do with gender or physicality. Society tries to link them, so that the standard is male/masculine/attracted to women, but really any combination -- male/feminine/attracted to women (that's me), female/masculine/attracted to men, female/feminine/attracted to women, etc etc -- is every bit as reasonable as any other. So, I think it's a matter of how feminine I could be and still be accepted. I've worn skirts in public while still looking relatively masculine, but I'd rather wear something more feminine, while still being male. Presenting as female allows me to be feminine without causing too much hassle, but I'd rather not have to deal with the artifice of fake breasts -- which just feel silly sometimes -- and having to worry about my voice and so forth in order to pass.

One thing that would seem feasible is dressing in a very feminine manner while in private, but not alone, as for example at a party. It would be really nice to be able to wear a satin or taffeta party dress, or nice heels and something short, while not having to worry about looking female, just feminine.

I realize the language is inadequate here since "feminine" clearly links to "female," but again that's just a social construct; that's what language is, after all. And, as Orwell and others have pointed out, language makes us think in certain ways. Better to think and speak like those sub-atomic particle physicists do: the particles can have different "flavours" or "colours" or "spins" and so forth. Each quality is different from the others, so any combination can apply.

Sorry, long response, but I'm thinking out loud here. I do think it's worth taking this issue seriously.

Michaella

Michaella

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Something like this would work for me, if it was in a different colour, like light orange or dark blue with gold stripes.
    http://blogs.fashionweekdaily.com/wp...owne-skirt.bmp

Light orange satin... orange shoes... white tie... orange fedora... oh yeeeeeaaahhh... mad pimpin'!

But if you're not a pimp, or heading to some outrageous fancy dress party, or looking for a way to give your overbearing mother-in-law a stroke, I'd have to say "hell no!!!" to that outfit in any color combination!

If men are ever going to re-adopt the skirt, they need practicality. The hem must accomodate a man's long stride; it needs pockets; and must allow full freedom of motion. Good on these designers for trying, but they're barking up the wrong tree. Utilikilts already has it figured out.
    Last edited by MissConstrued; 07-15-2009 at 07:00 PM.

I don't beleive I could ever where a dress made for a man, I enjoy the whole female persona when dressed and would miss that part dearly.

man panties

I have wonderful nylon men's underware,soft,shiny and comfortable.I wear panties 24\7and would rather wear cotton grannies than men's no matter how nice they are.If you can answer this riddle you have the answer to all of my nonconformities!

To be honest, I would say no.

I spend about 95% of my time as a guy, and a military careered minded one at that.

I like to keep the divide between guy and girl huge.
    I find wearing anything of light red, verging on pink against the norm as a guy, for myself anyway.

I'd do it. Without a second thought.

I'd certainly look at them, and if I liked the look I'd try it. There are modern remakes of the kilt around - UtilitiKilts for one - and I would like to buy one in the very near future. I have worn a sarong on some occasions where I know the atmosphere is receptive, and it's been great (but not often enough).

However, I have no intention of giving up feminine clothing. I like it because it NOT men's clothing. I like silk and satin, and a skirt that flows, and feeling feminine when I do. Kilts and even skirts may possibly (hopefully...) someday become acceptable (or better) for men, but I'll still be a crossdresser. It's in my make up (pun actually not intended).

If they made men's dresses they would mostly likely be like men's jeans. They don't build them to make you look "fem".

If they made hot pink, micro-mini men's dresses then I might give it a try.

Kisses,

Allie

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    If they made men's dresses to fit, feel, and look like those made especially for women, then maybe I would wear them! The only reason I crossdress is because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing. So if they weren't exactly like that, why would I wear a dress made for a man?? And BTW, I do wear a bra under my dress, or blouse, because I have natural 40 B's!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    Women can wear pants and we can't wear dresses is one of the mantras we see from crossdressers on a regular basis. Let's say that a new fashion trend gained popularity and men actually could wear dresses and skirts as normal daily or evening wear. Designers would come up with styles that matched men's bodies with our flat chests and differently shaped hips and bottom.

Would you wear these fashions and get rid of your bras and breastforms? Would you toss your panties, hip pads and corsets or cinchers and fill your closet with guy skirts or would you continue wearing the more feminine styles associated with womens wear?

I'd probably try to do a little of both, hoping that the new styles would make what I'm already doing more acceptable.

Pfft, made it this long doing my own thing, why stop now?
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

Confident, not arrogant VeronikaDonahue's Avatar

Mens Dresses

There are actually dresses and other clothing that is made for men. Me personally, I would intigrate both into my lifestyle. It just so happens that those particular types of clothing do cost more than womens clothing. They do look good, and are not just boring colors as one person stated.