Thread: Dear Fairy Godmother, Can I Be A Real Girl?

Dear Fairy Godmother, Can I Be A Real Girl?

When did Pinocchio know he was really a "real boy"? When he first woke up? When he stubbed his toe and howled? When he got a credit card?

I received three pieces of mail addressed to me today.

One was an invitation to join the auto club. Particularly interesting since "I" don't have a driver's license in my own name.

One was an invitation to get an American Express Gold Card:

"Dear Ms. (my girl name),

Congratulations are in order. You've earned an important distinction -- a Card that reflects your achievements and complements your life. A Card designed to reward you and bring you the extra service and privileges you require. . .
    "

And the third was an offer from Victoria's Secret - an ad for push up bras:

"The push-up: we love the oomph and shaping, the pretty details.
    And, of course, how hearts flutter when we wear one.
    "

According to the offer, if I come in between July 21st and August 17th, I can select a free panty ("no purchase necessary") and get $10 off my purchase.

Am I a real girl now?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Well the corporate world believes you are, so go with it girl. Your acceptance in who you are is finally recognized in the world of capitalism. Congratulations, and be picky about which panties you are going to bring home for free.

You're a woman to the people who matter, Persepho... wait a minute...

I suddenly feel like we're wearing the same dress at the same party. Only I can't go back home and change. Oh well, you're a prettier Persephone than I am ^____^

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post

Am I a real girl now?

Ummm... no!

But I'd definitely take Victoria's Secret up on their offer.

You are as near as you can be, so just enjoy the ride and the VS store. I just met a lady who loves to shop at VS, I was fast to tell her I did too. We went shopping together.

Your heart says you are. Go and get you deal and happy shoping.
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    an invitation to get an American Express Gold Card:
    Congratulations are in order. You've earned an important distinction -- a Card that reflects your achievements and complements your life. A Card designed to reward you and bring you the extra service and privileges you require....
    Hate to burst your bubble, my daughter's cat got a letter saying basically the same thing.

I understand sometimes in the "wonderful world of corporate" confusion happens (ya think) and errors are the result.

Not to put down your achievements, but getting an offer from a credit card company in your preferred name, while nice, still requires some sort of credit check when you send in the card to apply.

Now, if you've done all the things needed to change your name and gender then I'm truly happy for you. You have arrived.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png