Thread: bar hopping

bar hopping

when you go out as women which bar are safe and whch bar are not safe to go in

The One that doesnt hit you in the forhead as you strut ur girly stuff into LOL

Have fun with that

Or just go into a gay an lesbian club

Love Bree

It really depends on where you are. I've been in "straight" bars and felt perfectly comfortable. I've been in gay bars where I knew after a minute I was NOT wanted.

You're asking a very general question. Ask people in your area, or do a Google search...
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Go in drab to different bars. See who goes there on different nights. Check out their web sites. What kind of entertainment there is? Are they safe? Are there others there you want to associate with?

There was a drag show at a gay club several years before I got married that I attended. One of the first outings I made dressed up. I wore a red dress, high heels, pantyhose, makeup, wig, etc.

I got wierd looks from the door attendants. I went and sat down in a booth and looked around. Everybody kept staring at me (not because I was hot) and not one crossdresser was in sight. I was wondering if I was at the wrong club, but there were a lot of gay couples. The show started and although I was interested in it, I was just uncomfortable so I left. $10 cover charge for being there only 15min.

Amber
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

CD's are often not welcome into gay bars. It is best to find out beforehand if you are welcome. Certainly bars that let you know before you go, either through advertising or word of mouth, what their main clientele is. Also going out with a group of like minded individuals is a good way to go. The strength in numbers theory.
    Dawn

I'm not much for bar hopping.
    I'm more of a bar skipper.
    When I see a bar.
    I just skip right past it!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I used to go to a gay bar years ago where the owner was a drag queen. He wanted a CD friendly atmosphere, where CDs & gays alike could go and have a relaxing evening & it was. He had boom boom music upstairs & a nice quiet piano bar downstairs. I always choose downstairs. I once overheard him tell a gay patron, if he didn't like being in the company of CDs to leave & not come back. It was a wonderful place to go on weekends but he sold it & it changed. Didn't feel welcome anymore. I really miss going there.
    just north of crook county,in the land of Lincoln(if he could see it now)

When I go out bar hopping I check the parking lot first, if there are a lot of construction trucks or motorcycles I know I will be given a warm friendly welcome when I go in.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    When I go out bar hopping I check the parking lot first, if there are a lot of construction trucks or motorcycles I know I will be given a warm friendly welcome when I go in.
    and you get more free drinks.

I have been to gay clubs, cowboy bars and even a lesbian club. That was the best, nice quiet and very friendly. Been thinking biker bar but that would go in the fantasy thread

Oh and I forgot I was in one bar where the whole patronage wouldn't make a full set of teeth....that was the worst
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I yam what I yam,

Exclamation Bars?????

This is a residential area in a huge Texas megopolis. I'm about 10 miles west of the NASA space center, Houston. There are more churches here than bars. I occasionally "church hop" on Sunday morning.
    In the rural area where I lived previously, I was asked to leave and not come back crossdressed. I left and never went back. Selfrighteous folk don't speak my language.
    I've been here a year and a half and "church hopped" somewhat, always welcomed, engaged in casual conversation (of the meaningless variety), and never got a single negative look, word, or "vibe". A long time Episcopalian, I know the situation which varies dramatically with the individual congregation.
    I've been to the local EC parish a few times. The welcome has been warm and encouraging returns but not intrusive. I'm wondering about the experiences of others... and YES, I GO DRESSED... not glam, but not for work in the yard either.... Jaye

It Really Depends on the Bar...

I've been to both straight and gay bars and it has more to do with the individual establishment.

So it's always best to check it out first. I had one of my best times when a bunch of us went to a Brazilian bar in Atlanta during SCC. I think there were 7 of us girls that went there. It was a little dicey at first, but once everyone understood we were OK, then the fun began!

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

It depends on the numbers. If you are with a group of 4-8 T-girls then almost any place is ok. Of course, if you didn't feel safe going there in boy mode then yeah, it wouldn't be a safe place in girl mode either.

In the Boston area we have yet to really find anywhere we aren't appreciated. We just went to a local place a few weeks ago, without doing a "scouting mission" first. They gave us some different looks at first, and then just rolled with it. I personally got lots of compliments on my dress and had some guys kind of flirting kind of dirty dancing around me. It may not be the same everywhere, but the Northeast is pretty damn good for us!!
    Sally

Silver Member
    I do not normally go to bars at all but recently I went into two of them while dressed. The first one was a gay and lesbian bar and me and the friend that I was with were both very much accepted. Actually there were many more cd's who showed up later and it was a very good time even though the music was way too loud.

The other bar was a gay and lesbian bar also one that is well known for accepting cd's and anyone who falls under the tg spectrum. I had a great time there with the cd support group I was with (about 15 of us) and am looking forward to returning there. It is too bad this place is about 200 miles from where I live.

I don't think I would attempt to go into a straight bar while dressed, especially alone.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post

Here we go with insulting rednecks again.

I was, matter of fact, in just such a dive last night. Lots of bikers and construction workers. Hell, the name of the bar was "The Dive." I kid not. The kind of place where there are more square yards of tattoo ink than people.

What happened?

I made some new friends.

For one, these are the kind of people (I should know; I'm one of them) who respect balls. Any guy who would walk into a biker dive in drag has to be dangerous. Usually, construction guys are too damn tired to do any ass-kicking by the time they're off work and in the bar. And they're too busy working to make ends meet to give an airborne fornication what anyone else does with their free time. I know I don't.

I get more funny looks around the alleged "hipster" crowd -- you know, the snobby f*cks with the horn-rimmed glasses, MacBooks, $5 coffees, and upturned noses. You'd think they'd never seen a transvestite before. I'll take beer-guzzling rednecks any day. If they like you, you're cool... and they won't pretend. A better class of losers, as the song goes.