Thread: Major Purge

Major Purge

I know I'll regret it later, but I just donated 8 huge garbage bags of clothes. You see I'm moving and beginning to box up stuff. I didn't know I had so much clothes. I just imagine the money I spent. Somethings didn't fit anymore, others I haven't worn for years. I still kept some, but it's really reduced.

I hope they find their way to a good home.

The circle of life, I guess.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Sounds like a sensible culling of the wardrobe to me. Hopefully you will have an opportunity to commemorate your move with some new items to make up for it, yes?

Everyone has to do this with their wardrobe from time to time, even with my drab stuff eventually certain things have to go to make room for the new. Just don't ever get rid of all of it, I have done that a couple of times and oh my how I regretted it later!! But it sounds like you know better than to do this, as I do now!!

Hope you find some neat new things to replace the old items with!

>>>hugs<<<
    Pauline

Well I'm starting a new job and need to move. I'm going from a 4br house to a 1br apt. I'll miss the closet space.

I recently purged to level "0" with a pending move and uncertainty of all that would be on the other end. As it is, all has gone well but each garment was a memory. Even the ones I wasn't happy with at the end were something new and exciting when I brought them home.
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

Quote Originally Posted by StevieTV View Post
    I know I'll regret it later, but I just donated 8 huge garbage bags of clothes. You see I'm moving and beginning to box up stuff. I didn't know I had so much clothes. I just imagine the money I spent. Somethings didn't fit anymore, others I haven't worn for years. I still kept some, but it's really reduced.

I hope they find their way to a good home.

The circle of life, I guess.
    Did you ever consider placing some of your better items with a consignment store and making a bit of pocket money in the process to spend on new additions to your wardrobe?

I'm on good terms with a lady who runs a local consignment store, and she has been after me for some time now to give her some of my gently used women's' clothes for resale. She has often admired my taste in the things that I have purchased from her store, and has deduced that I must therefore have an extensive wardrobe of other highly desirable and fashionable women's' clothes (true!) that would sell easily and for a good price. She has no qualms about accepting such items from a CD for resale to a GG, although she likely wouldn't publicize that fact to a prospective client because of the potential "ewww" factor.

I haven't taken her up on her offer yet as I hate to part with some of my "treasures", but the thought is intriguing...and environmentally-friendly to boot!