Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is Lying on Hot or Not Wrong?

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Brown View Post
    Whether this whole thing is a game or not, whether you're lying or not, whether anything on earth could possibly be more lame and juvenile than "Hot or Not" isn't even the issue. The point is - some people looking at the damn thing obviously think you're NOT lying. How do you sleep at night?
    Hell, I sleep just fine!!! Lighten up...have fun. That's what it's all about, and besides, like Kathi said, it's an interesting way to see how women get treated by would be admirers. That's quite an education!!!

OH, btw, my score is 7.9 after 400+ votes. Hmmm..not bad. A total surprise to me!
    Last edited by Miranda09; 08-01-2009 at 03:23 PM.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    To me, the whole Hot or Not site is just a "fun internet thing". No one takes it seriously right? .... and for sure if you're looking for a date I wouldn't have thought that it's a reliable source. Don't worry about it, after all, hello! ... it's the Internet! ... hell, even I've done it (twice)
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Who of us hasen't told a lie? Yes it is wrong. But aren't we just trying to emulate women and some of us are passing and that is what?
    For the sake of this I see no wrong in getting an opion of how she passed.
    Laura Lee

What the hell, at least you get an honest opinion. Go for it

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    How do you sleep at night?
    Usually on my left side. If I sleep on my back, my wife either ends up nudging me until I wake or goes to the couch in the den. Why?

Kathi

Can I See Your Driver's Licence...

Whether this whole thing is a game or not, whether you're lying or not, whether anything on earth could possibly be more lame and juvenile than "Hot or Not" isn't even the issue. The point is - some people looking at the damn thing obviously think you're NOT lying. How do you sleep at night?
    Jenny Brown? Or is that not your real name? You mean you're lying on this board? Oh My!
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    Jenny Brown? Or is that not your real name? You mean you're lying on this board? Oh My!
    I'm not posting my pic on "Hot or Not" to tease guys.
    there's a difference.

Nor am I, if you had read the entire post (a fair bit of effort, to be sure). Yes, I posted one of the messages that a guy sent to me. Not for the "Hey, he thinks I'm a chick. Let's have fun with this!" aspect, but more the "Can you believe that some men think something like this would ever work?" line of thought.

You may think that, according to your quote, "You look like a drag queen an a bad day" but so far I have been rated a 9 with near 5,000 votes. I would say that the experiment has been a success - even for an old drag queen on a bad day.

Happy?

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 08-01-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Nor am I, if you had read the entire post (a fair bit of effort, to be sure). Yes, I posted one of the messages that a guy sent to me. Not for the "Hey, he thinks I'm a chick. Let's have fun with this!" aspect, but more the "Can you believe that some men think something like this would ever work?" line of thought.
    You may think that, according to your quote, "You look like a drag queen on a bad day" but so far I have been rated a 9 with near 5,000 votes. I would say that the experiment has been a success - even for an old drag queen on a bad day.Happy?
    Kathi
    Hmmm...seems to me like maybe your "experiment" has been to try and pick up guys. Hey, whatever floats your boat...

Hmmm...seems to me like maybe your "experiment" has been to try and pick up guys. Hey, whatever floats your boat...
    Sigh, once again, oh bitter one, no. I am certainly not trying to pick up guys. There are those on this forum where that would not be a problem, but not me. Tell me, are you ever happy?

Kathi

Silver Member
    Sigh, once again, oh bitter one, no. I am certainly not trying to pick up guys. There are those on this forum where that would not be a problem, but not me. Tell me, are you ever happy?

Kathi
    well if you were darling, I suspect it wouldn't be a problem for you--have a good evening
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

How do you sleep at night?

I love it when people ask me, "how do you sleep at night?"

I reply, "I start lying on my back and usually end up on my left side.

I will never understand people who think they are more righteous than others. They must sleep very well.
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

hot

Yes you do look hot....I would like to be with you!
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Oh my, Kathi! Well, let's see here. Quite a few "women" saying that lying in any form is wrong. Yet...how is their name on this forum? Hmm, female, right? And you and I know they are NOT GGs. Well, isn't that "lying", girls? Come on, think about it. You have an on-line/forum name that is female but you are male, dressed as a woman. Oh my! Do you go about telling everyone that you are a CDer? Nope, I wouldn't think so. Some of us "girls" don't pass i public, some try and fail, some don't even wear wigs or makeup. Ok, that's all fine. Really it is. That's ok because that is who you are. But NO ONE should take Kathi to task by saying they wouldn't trust her ever again because she "lied" on something like Hot or Not! If you don't like "lying", why don't you post your male name along with your male picture on your crossdresser.com avatar? Hey, just my thoughts on this. Kathi, you and TxKimberly have been an inspiration to me. I went in boy-mode to Lane Bryant, tried on and bought dresses and bras. Just shaved my face (oh how irratating! Have to get used to that) and a GG friend will be helping me with makeup that she sells. I don't consider being a CDer a lie. When I say I feel like a woman, I do. When I ask someone to call my Allison, that is because it is who I am. To all you "girls" (that is, men who dress up like women), quit calling the kettle black. If you want to be "honest", tell everyone you know that you are a man who wears womens panties and dresses and DON'T call yourself a femme name because...that is lying. Got it?

Allison

OK, I admit it. In a moment of weakness, I signed up on Hot or Not as a woman. Yes, I am getting plenty of validation as a woman when going out shopping around here. I get plenty of validation on this site. I just wondered what the public at large would think of me. So, I signed up.

Is it wrong to do this? What do you think?

Kathi

p.s. here's my page: http://www.hotornot.com/m/r/?emid=ESEYEYH

I still endorse posting pics on hotornot.com to assess your appearance. Unfortunately, the site has turned into an "only for 18-34" crowd, so if you lie about your age, then I agree that you're lying about yourself when you post your pics up there. I will also agree that if you airbrush your pics, you are lying about yourself.

However, I do not agree that we're lying about being female. Some of us are transsexual or inherently transsexual and won't admit to it yet or aren't ready to admit to it yet. That does not make us liars. It would be strange to post our pics and state that we're male because we are trying hard to present as female to the world. We are transgendered female if you want to label it, but female nonetheless.

If you follow the evolution of my look or my blog, you'll see that I've progressed to an androgynous look that some people think is male and some people think is female. Neither is correct. I'm just *me*.

http://www.transvamp.com/kalina/evolution/index.html
    http://www.transvamp.com/kalina/blog/index.html
    Kalina Isato, Tranny Hostess SuperCutie

makes perfect sense to me to lie in that case. if the goal is to be judged on being a woman then i'd likely do the same. if you told the truth you wouldn't get an accurate (use that loosely) response.

as far as the age and state, anonymity can be a lifesaver.

Banned Read only
    I have been described by friends as being "too moral" and not in the dogmatic way. I hear you did that and I know I'm going to do it too once I get some good pics out there. If you start dating a guy and don't tell him, that would be wrong. These people are not hurt by it and will never know

I can't belive you lied Kathi that is so bad!
    Fancy saying you are in Texas when you are in Utah hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalina View Post
    I still endorse posting pics on hotornot.com to assess your appearance. Unfortunately, the site has turned into an "only for 18-34" crowd, so if you lie about your age, then I agree that you're lying about yourself when you post your pics up there. I will also agree that if you airbrush your pics, you are lying about yourself.

However, I do not agree that we're lying about being female. Some of us are transsexual or inherently transsexual and won't admit to it yet or aren't ready to admit to it yet. That does not make us liars. It would be strange to post our pics and state that we're male because we are trying hard to present as female to the world. We are transgendered female if you want to label it, but female nonetheless.

If you follow the evolution of my look or my blog, you'll see that I've progressed to an androgynous look that some people think is male and some people think is female. Neither is correct. I'm just *me*.

http://www.transvamp.com/kalina/evolution/index.html
    http://www.transvamp.com/kalina/blog/index.html
    It's a woman's privilege to lie about her age!!!