Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, are you different or the same when dressed?

So, are you different or the same when dressed?

I know a lot of people have different personalities when they're dressed.

Personally, I find that I act pretty much the same with the exception of a slightly more submissive nature. As a male I cook, I clean, I love music, playing and listening. And I love video games and completely dorking out to the most nerdy stuff possible.

As a female, I'm exactly the same, it feels more right to not feel like I'm just putting on a mask.

You?

Exactly!!! I'm me. wether in pants(ugh) or a skirt.

I am the same no matter how I am dressed as well.

Hard for me to tell. There's stuff like being aware of how I sit, and being careful about not touching my face (makeup). That's probably not what you're asking though. If I act differently, it's hard for me to tell, and my wife hasn't pointed out anything. I sure feel different though.

sadly I dont have experience in bars with other people, but I feel at ease in labraries or anonymous open places, where its easy to focus my mind on being a "she"..
    cancer man or cancer woman, with double cancer settings for me that is NOT the question!

I yam what I yam,

Wink Difference?

Since I'm dressed 24x7, except when with family (infrequently), I don't recognize any difference really. I talk the same, walk the same, sit the same, stand the same, behave the same with minor exception. Recently, I made a quick trip with my older son from home near Houston to Miama, FL and back. We stopped occasionally to get food and once in a restaurant, I found myself almost entering the ladies room for relief... a quick turn and no one noticed. I did notice how strange the urinals on the wall looked... none of course in the ladies' rooms I normally frequent when out and about. I'm reminded: be aware. Don't act out of habit. Know what you are doing CONSTANTLY.

Individual

Me, only more so...

[SIZE="3"]I, too, feel that I am me, no matter how I am dressed. When dressed as a girl, I just tend to feel more like me, more whole, more right.

I am working on making these aspects part of my boy presentation, as well.

To some degree, it is a 'problem' that I am a bit of a social chameleon. I am get along with U.S. rednecks, U.S. old money, European working class, Canadian back country folks, metropolitan gays and lesbians, small town church people. As a result, I shift my persona slightly to mesh with my 'audience'. This is a handy trick that I learned in self-defense as a not-very-masculine young boy, but it can result in my engaging in behaviour and talk that I do not necessarily endorse.

I prefer to encourage my better traits, which often line up with stereotypically 'feminine' traits.

However, it is important for me to remember that I believe in the equality of all persons. A girl (whether GG or TG) needs to be able to fend for herself, when necessary. Don't expect a man to take care of you. Likewise, a man needs to be able to cry, be afraid of spiders, or whatever (though I am not afraid of spiders, but you get the idea). Don't expect a woman to be submissive around you; they have brains and capabilities, too.

Sorry, wandered off-topic a bit there, but it seemed related. [/SIZE]

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    I feel the opposite: I need to take care when I'm in drab not to show my natural feminine gestures and mannerisms.
    So yes...I'm quite different when dressed.
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

It doesn't matter either way I am the same. though I will admit I am more apt to do house work while dressed than not. other than that I tthink I am the same.

I always thought I was the same when dressed, my wife says I'm a little more sassier. I have noticed I have great posture when I'm dressed. I get coments on that quite often. I think it's because of the corsets, but I think the posture gives off a confident vibe.

My wife reckons we talk a lot more when I am dressed and she prefers the company

I am also pretty much the same person when dressed, but I feel so much more content, and calm when in fem mode. I can deal with little problems that may have occuered during the day with a much clearer head.
    It just feels right to be dressed....

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle123 View Post
    I am also pretty much the same person when dressed, but I feel so much more content, and calm when in fem mode. I can deal with little problems that may have occuered during the day with a much clearer head.
    It just feels right to be dressed....
    Michelle almost took the words out of my mouth. I am basically the same, just more relaxed when I'm dressed properly.

Julie

If you are out and about, I'm pretty sure you have to be different. You are dressed, you are looked at, you are talked about. In drab no-one cares about you. Sad but true. So you simply can't be the same.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I feel just the way Marisa feels.
    When not dressed I'm all guy when dressed I'm all girl.
    I prefer the girl over the guy anytime.

for me its hard to say because Now that i have told my wife she does my nails once a week and its allways some thing way to bright for a Man to wear any place so FOR me dont think im dif dressed or Not this friday im going for the man in skirt Look Kisses Jerzie

I feel like I act the same whether I'm dressed or not, but I have noticed when I dress a lot my mentality changes even when I am a male. If dressing affects the way I act when I'm not dressed, this must mean that there are probably more than a few subtle things going on in my brain and body when I am dressed... And, therefore, I don't act exactly the same.

I have been reliably informed [by "Er indoors"] i'm an idiot in both modes, although i have yet to break my bum falling from trees in "Debs" mode

I'm pretty different in guy-mode than in girl-mode. The two are very separate for me, aside from some personal traits. I tend to have an odd sense of humor either way, but aside from that, pretty much everything is different.

Guy-mode is a forced "act" I put on. It requires work, fakery, and it's not very enjoyable most of the time. Girl-mode is more of a relaxing indulgence in the person I always wanted to be but society would never allow.

Yes, I'm very different depending on which side of the gender spectrum I'm occupying.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I'm different when in male and female mode. My thought process and body language changes. Actually, different parts of my total personality are amplified depending on whether I'm in a dress, heels and makeup or jeans, sneakers and a polo shirt (drab). I like my girl personality better.

Aspiring Member
    Default mode is " all of me", but when I am in femme mode it's often more fun for me to exclude every aspect of "him".... I like the shift... it's a deliberate choice I make, but I don't always do it that way. It depends on who I am with and what we are doing.

Gold Member
    I'm pretty much 2 different personalities in a way. I love my guy mode as much as my girlie mode and both sides tend to express themselves appropriately. Althoug sometimes my fem side tends to influence my male side a great deal!!!!!

I am in 'me' mode, but I am practicing walking with a more feminine touch. That's actually more challenging than you think. if you're going to wear heels, do it right. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

I would have to say on the inside - I'm the same. Same thoughts and same feelings. On the outside - my actions are different. Kind of like no matter if I was a girl or guy I would modify my behavior to match the circumstance and/or location. ( I wouln't act the same in church as I would a ball game). Note: I prefer to be in girl mode though

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Heplby
    When dressed as a girl, I just tend to feel more like me, more whole, more right.
    [SIZE="2"]I also tend to feel “more whole, more right” when dressed as a girl. A feeling of calmness comes over me – I worry less about things, and it’s a relief to get away from being male, if only for a short time. When I’m stuck out in the drab world, it’s comforting to know I’ll soon be able to return to my feminine self and feel happy again…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Elly E
    As a male I cook, I clean, I love music, playing and listening. And I love video games and completely dorking out to the most nerdy stuff possible.
    [SIZE="2"]It’s strange – I like to listen to music when I’m dressed, but I can’t play video games…[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Frédérique; 07-24-2009 at 04:01 AM.