Thread: So Relaxed...

So Relaxed...

Recently I had to take some time off from this website and from CDing in general. I've been going through a lot of stress and just didn't feel like coming here anymore. In fact those old feelings of anxiety and insecurity about CDing were coming back and preventing me from coming here.

A couple of days ago I threw caution into the wind and ventured here once more and even browsed around various internet shops for clothes. Guess what happened?

The stress and everything I was going through just melted away. I felt so relaxed I was almost high. Fashion and style is really a natural high for me. I just love it so much and sometimes I forget that.

I just felt like relaying my good mood to everybody and pass it along...

Glad to hear you are now more relaxed and I assume you will be much happier as a result
    Last edited by az_azeel; 07-22-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Fixed typo..
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Lightbulb The light just came on again!

trekgirl, Glad to have you back amongst us and feeling better.

Recent actual studies, with definitive documentation, have shown that exercise stimulates "new" cell growth in the brain and acts as an anti-depressant. Medication that does not create "new" brain cell growth has been show to be ineffective to treat depression.

So ,in that context, doesn't it make sense that the use of a certain type of behavior, in this case "Cross dressing", can also produce "new" cell growth and act as a natural anti-depressant.

I know I have no scientific data to back it up but wouldn't that be an interesting study to perform?

Thanks for turning on my light bulb,Trekgirl.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Trekgirl.. nice name by the way.. nice to see another Star Trek fan... i have always found the reason i crossdress is primarily stress relief.. dont ask me to explain it ..though.. i just find like yourself the days problems melt away..in silk and satin ...
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TrekGirl1701 View Post
    In fact those old feelings of anxiety and insecurity about CDing were coming back and preventing me from coming here.
    You really need to rid your system of that garbage. I have my moment too, but every time I sit and analyze what's going on in my mind, I come to the same conclusion. It's the idiotic lies and bs that society instills in our minds all our lives. They do not decide who I can be - ONLY I decide who I can be. I tried to be the man they wanted me to be... and ended up hating myself for it.

Being myself... I'm a MUCH happier person.

I just felt like relaying my good mood to everybody and pass it along...
    I'm glad you came to your senses... if only for a while. Just remember this feeling. When you allow yourself to BE yourself, you feel relaxed. When you deny yourself who you are, anxiety and insecurity set in.

BE YOURSELF and life is good. Maybe not always easy, but nothing good in life ever is.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

TrekGirl, please stay around and keep relaxed. You deserve it. Fighting your female feelings and behaviors usually results in more pain and anguish in the long run. As you know, this a warm and welcoming place so stay and be happy.

I find shopping for girl stuff so relaxing and enjoyable so I can totally relate to you in that way.

I often overanalyze things round and round with little result.

Now, I try to have the attitude that it doesn't matter why I like to dress, just that I do. More importantly, I will simply be happier if dressing is in my life. My mind often doesn't go along with that line of thought, but it is getting better.

Just another way of saying 'don't worry about it too much, just do it'.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Everyone here is correct - at least for us - understanding and accepting who and what you are will make you the happiest in the long run. Stay with us- we have cookies!

Kathi

Gold Member
    Yeaaaaa Trekgirl. I'm sure many of us have gone thru that at some time or another, but, it is true...fashion IS a natural high.

Krystal Nielsdatter Krystal Nielsdatter's Avatar
    A vacation is often a good thing. No matter what happened on the trip, it makes home look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Rose View Post
    TrekGirl, please stay around and keep relaxed. You deserve it. Fighting your female feelings and behaviors usually results in more pain and anguish in the long run. As you know, this a warm and welcoming place so stay and be happy.

I find shopping for girl stuff so relaxing and enjoyable so I can totally relate to you in that way.
    Today that's exactly what I did. I went out to the mall and shopped around for a bit. I found some really nice stuff and saved a bundle in sales. It just felt so good to be around all of those feminine clothes.

I also decided that when I go out shopping I'm not going to be afraid of running into someone I know. That's always been a small fear of mine, but now if somebody sees me I'm going to be truthful if they see me in the women's department. I don't care. If a person I know, family or friend, has a problem with me wanting to be female and their only reason is it makes them uncomfortable, that is their problem and not mine.

I'll be honest, I'm already a moody introvert. Hiding these feelings for years (Since childhood. I'm now 26.) made me that way. Being myself makes me so happy and I think they'd like that person more than the person they've known for however long.

Also today I'm trying something I've never tried before. I bought some plain white tees today. They're from the Junior's department which means they are super girly looking even if they are plain white. But I find them so comfy, so starting today I'm going to wear them to work underneath another men's tee shirt. This will be a big step for me, but I'm willing to do it at this point.
    Last edited by TrekGirl1701; 07-23-2009 at 01:16 PM.