Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something good comes from an accident \ with update

Something good comes from an accident \ with update

Yesterday I went for a bike ride and less than 2 miles into it I crossed over some railroad tracks that I had crossed 100’s of times before. They don’t cross the road straight across but at an angle. Well my front tire slipped and I went down, hard. I hit head ( broke my helmet) shoulder ( broke my collar bone), then finally my hip. The hip was good, but had been replaced so it was a concern.

After going to the ER and getting taken care of my wife and I were at home and I was bored lying in bed I said I wanted to sit in my recliner but didn’t want to put any underwear on (YES I SLEEP IN THE NUDE) and needed something I could get in and out of easily since my right arm is in a sling and my right hip and leg were killing me. She had to take her mom shopping at Target I suggested she see if they had any 2XL nightgowns I could slip into. She actually thought it was a good idea.
    Those of you who know me know that she doesn’t know about dana so this is big. She came home with a black and a coral microfiber gown. They fit and were easy to get into and out of. So I was able to turn a near tragedy into a femme moment. Remember if you ride a bike WEAR A HELMET! If I didn’t I’d have been an organ donor.

I’d write more but since my right arm is in a sling I’m kind of restricted. Also the drugs are pretty good!

Hugs,
    Last edited by insearchofme; 07-25-2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Dana Fleming

Hope you mend soon Dana!
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    OMG Dana-

Big hug, honey. I hope everything turns out okay and there's no problems. Talk about turning lemons into lemonade, though. Love your attitude, I know you'll be back in the saddle in no time.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Accident

So Dana- when marathon runners no longer run they get their endorphin fix from bike riding!!!Have a speedy recovery, and be sure to discuss with your wife how you like the feel and texture of the gown.It may open the CD door a little further.
    Hugs.
    Laura.

Glad to hear you were wearing a helmet

Sneaky way to get a nightdress
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Dana you are so lucky that it wasn't worse. Please take care of yourself and get better.
    Give your wife a hug for the gowns and if you wear them enough you never know what she may buy for you next time. lol Maybe a couple bras and matching panties.

Huggs and kisses, Teri

The best layed plans of mice and men....talk about sneaky, my plans never work out that good. Hope you mend fast. Keep us posted on your recovery.

Hugs,
    Alice

Gold Member
    Get well soon Dana and watch out for those RR tracks!!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Wow! ... I'm glad you are ok, thank goodness for your helmet.

So you want to be able switch from your bed to your recliner without wearing underwear or guys pjs and you need something that's easy to get in and out of .... well, nightgowns sound perfect. I am surprised though that your wife didn't balk, or at least say something, about your suggestion given that she doesn't know about your cding ..... and she bought you a cute colored microfiber one as opposed to a plain cotton one. Still, that's awesome. Lets hope you take a long time to get better ... eh?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Read only
    I wonder what you'd have to break to get your wife buying makeup for you. That's definitely doing things the hard way.

Dana,

I am glad you were wearing a helmet. Keep an eye on how you feel though because the symptoms of head injuries can take months to appear. Things like Hydrocephalus and Parkinson's can be caused by traumatic head injuries---I have a friend who had a similar fall without a helmet and developed both 6 months after he thought he was healed.

Red face

Sorry to hear about that. I am happy that you are recovering!!! Good Luck!!!

Dana, I'm glad the outcome is your OK, esp. your noggin! My best buddy years ago was riding through an intersection at dusk, and got slammed. If he hadn't been wearing his helmet it would've been all over. So your both smart for wearing your helmets! That's awesome the dialogue is now open with ur wife for ur cding, life can be a strange & fascinating twist! Here's to a quick recovery, & don't get hooked on those drugs! Very easy to happen!

It is amusing to note that although everyone is happy about your recovery and your new apparel many of the posts are WEAR YOUR HELMET!
    I wish you a fast recovery and thank you for the helmet reminder.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I Thought That Was a Saying in the Theater?

Break a leg! And no, I'm not about to break mine so I can wear a nightgown. Seems like it would be too painful.

But I'm glad you're OK, and I hope someday you'll be able to tell the little woman. It makes it a lot easier.

Love, Tracy <- Flowers to make you feel better!
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Dana sorry to hear about your accident and i wish you a speedy recovery... .. and please dont break anything else as an excuse to go fem.. ..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    accidents happen.
    seems there was a silver lining on the cloud though.

Since you are able to join us here a day after, that says you are at least on a quick recovery...

I guess being in a sling is gonna be a bummer, but hey, once it is recovered and things back to normal, you won't even think about it and will be back to perfect soon.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Dana, Get well soon. An old buddy told me once, when things happen, you get better, but you never get well. That is not for you young chicks. Heal quick before the government takes over health care.

Wow! Sorry to hear about your accident, Dana, glad you seem to be on the mend!

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    I wonder what you'd have to break to get your wife buying makeup for you. That's definitely doing things the hard way.
    My spouse suggested getting your wife to punch you in the eye. Should be good for at least foundation . . . and concealer.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Wow Dana hope you get better soon..

Ouch! I wish you a speedy, but not too speedy, recovery. Thank goodness you were wearing a helmet.

Ouch! Well, enjoy the nightgown and the good drugs!

Hope you heal quickly!!!

Learned in Karate that it only takes 4lbs to break a collarbone - it's a primary target in a fight, as you can attest your arm is not able to do much for a while.

So be careful!!! Those angled railroad tracks are dangerous!!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Dana, I want to add my wishes for a speedy recovery as well.

Julie

Aspiring Member
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Get well soon.
    Of course since you're laying around in a nightgown and popping happy pills, maybe you want to get well slow. Your call.