Thread: The incredible shrinking CD

The incredible shrinking CD

In another post about CDing and growing older Iwas struck with another question. As we grow older many of us have the desire to CD more and more. But my question is more fun than analytical.

I went into the Dr.s office for a physical and found I have shrunk almost an inch since I graduated from high school. Now I have to think if I live to 150 yrs I would be 5-10 instead of 6-2 1/2. Woooohooooo. lol Do the rest of you older girls find you are shrinking?

Teri

I'm not losing height, but the combination of weight loss and wearing tight heels all the time has caused my feet to lose somewhere between 1/2 and a full size over the last couple of years. I had always been told your shoe size remained pretty well fixed over the years regardless of other body changes, but not in my case. Having smaller feet makes shopping easier, but I have lots of older shoes that don't fit as well anymore.

- Diane

Males stop growing at age 25. I was checked a few yrs ago an found after 30 yrs after graduation I grew 1 1/2 inches . Geez wiz I feal taller LOL. Now being TG an going for TS I welcome the shrinkage , cuase i'll fit in better with the nanies . LOL

Have fun with that Love Bree

I am already short enough, I'll pass on the height shrinking. I seem to remember being a men's 9 in high school and for years after but, the last 10 I normally buy 9 1/2 shoes. When they lace, small size differences don't show as much. I used to wear boots when I went to dance. I noticed that weight change of even about 10 pounds was enough to change the fit which is real bad when your dancing since a bad fit equaled blisters or soreness.

Brina

Teri , the incredible shrinking woman. It is a medical fact that starting at about age 40, people typically lose about half an inch each decade, with some faster shrinkage after age 70. Senior citizens may shrink as much as three inches. Fractures of the bones of the spine can contribute, as can slouching. What can you do to slow down shrinkage? Right now? Sit up straight in that chair you are sitting in at your computer looking at the computer screen and this post on a forum . Your posture is very important! That's why your parents and teachers were always yelling at you for slouching!!Another way to limit height loss is to keep bones strong to prevent fractures. The single best way to do that is to stay active. Exercise!!!! Getting enough calcium and vitamin D is also important. So belly up to the milk bar for some moo juice!!!! But remember to use moderation. You may not shrink any smaller in height but you don't want to increase a few dress sizes!!

Another interesting aging shrink fact: As people pass into their 60's the brain usually begins to shrink. Don't worry it doesn't mean that we ‘re all going to get stupider than we already are. Research says this shrinkage has no impact on the individual's capacity to think or learn.. Men aged 64 years have smaller brains than men aged 60. So if you are 64 you can honestly say you are playing with half a deck. Invest in a smaller hat.

There is shrinkage in other areas but I don't think we want to go there...... I know I certainly don't.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    screen and this post on a forum . Your posture is very important! That's why your parents and teachers were always yelling at you for slouching!!Another way to limit height loss is to keep bones strong to prevent fractures. The single best way to do that is to stay active. Exercise!!!! Getting enough calcium and vitamin D is also important. So belly up to the milk bar for some moo juice!!!! But remember to use moderation. You may not shrink any smaller in height but you don't want to increase a few dress sizes!!

The posture thing is what often screams "guy" when we are en-femme. For some reason many men, especially us taller ones, habitually slouch. GGs hardly ever do, even the tall ones. It is a dead giveaway and yet, at a recent TG event I went to, I would guess that some 50% of us were doing just that.

To quote Dawnmarrie -
    It is a medical fact that starting at about age 40, people typically lose about half an inch each decade

Both I and my SO have lost one and a half inches over the last 30 years.
    I was 5' 7", now 5' 5.5". My SO was 5' 1", now 4' 11.5".

At 23 years old I was 6' 1" tall... now at 41 I'm 5' 11" tall...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Krystal Nielsdatter Krystal Nielsdatter's Avatar
    I haven't noticed any shrinkage, but then I haven't measured my height lately either. Now you have me afraid to step on the scale at the doctor's office. I don't need one more indication that time is passing.

Being in 5'9" territory and a fairly recent convert to age 40, I wouldn't be too disappointed to lose an inch. And heck, if graced with the opportunity, I might just stick around long enough to lose another 2 or 3 beyond that !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    At 23 years old I was 6' 1" tall... now at 41 I'm 5' 11" tall...
    Having seen some of the pictures you post, I'd have guessed you were all of 5'5" or below. You wear it well!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Having seen some of the pictures you post, I'd have guessed you were all of 5'5" or below. You wear it well!
    Everyone assumes I'm tiny... I don't know why x

The lovers have flown...

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Everyone assumes I'm tiny... I don't know why x
    I think it's the style of pictures you post, the head and shoulder shots. I don't think I've seen a head to toe shot of you, not like that should make too much difference unless you were standing next to a measuring stick. But either way, tiny and beautiful or 5'11" and beautiful, you are still beautiful!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I think it's the style of pictures you post, the head and shoulder shots. I don't think I've seen a head to toe shot of you, not like that should make too much difference unless you were standing next to a measuring stick. But either way, tiny and beautiful or 5'11" and beautiful, you are still beautiful!!!
    Tut! There are full body shots in my album and on the 'Deep within the crypt' thread http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=111990

Awwwwwww thank you x

The lovers have flown...

Lisa you are stunning and although we are very close in height you are by far a softer sexier lady. I know some very beautiful ggs that are tall as we are and there is a essence that they have that attracts men. My youngest daughter, 32yrs old, is 6-2 and she is quite attractive so as said before stand tall and look the world in the eye, even if you have to look down. lol

Teri

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Jean View Post
    Lisa you are stunning and although we are very close in height you are by far a softer sexier lady. I know some very beautiful ggs that are tall as we are and there is a essence that they have that attracts men. My youngest daughter, 32yrs old, is 6-2 and she is quite attractive so as said before stand tall and look the world in the eye, even if you have to look down. lol

Teri
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww *hug* x

The lovers have flown...