Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carpet cleaning

Carpet cleaning

Time to get the carpets cleaned in the house. The adm. of the estate always made the arraingement for this type of work before so it was a bit of a surprise to me when he said I should make the arrangments. No big deal, I just looked on the internet, collected a few (4) numbers and called each one to set up bid appointments. That was last Friday and Monday of this week. Are you all bored yet?, don't be, Im just getting started with this story.
    On Wed. about 8:30 am, I recieved the first call back. He asked a few questions, I asked a few questions but we decided it best if he come to the house to measure for himself, which is my preferance anyway. I gave him the address and asked how soon he could come over. He said " I can be there in about 2 minutes, I'm just around the corner ". I said WHAT? He said " I'm just around the corner on ----- street (about 100 feet away), I can be there in about 1 or 2 minutes.
    I said ok! but I have to tell you something. I'm dressed as a woman right now!!! (at this instant He drove up out front). no need to tell you I AM FREAKING OUT, BIG TIME! I don't have time to even take off my wig, I am, for the first time in about 3 months, fully, and I mean fully, dressed, make-up and all, standing in the front room, in full view of the big picture window and he is looking right at me. OH WELL! I went out to unlock the gate and open it for him, Come on in.
    I introduced myself as Bobi, and he introduced himself, shook hands and he said I looked nice. I laughed and said, yea right! he said, NO, I mean it, for a lady not expecting company, you really do look nice. ((I'll attach a pic of that morning at the end of this). Well, he took all the measurements, worked up a bid for the carpets, (extremely reasonable), and we talked about the process's of carpet cleaning, tile sealing and about everything involved with his job (I think). He was inside the house for well over 45 minutes. A perfect gentleman throught the entire process and when he left he said " I hope to here from you soon.
    That afternoon I recieved the second and third call backs. Both of which I informed them up front that I was a crossdresser and when they come to measure I would be dressed. One replied with, SO, ain't no big deal I have a tg working for me in orange county. we set up an appointment for 1 pm today. the other replied with, I don't care as long as I don't have to wear a dress. he will come today about 9 am. The fourth call back came while I was driving home at about 2:45. after talking for a couple minutes, I could not remember the other appointment times exactly, so I set up a time for Monday at 8 am. I also told him that I crossdress and will most likely be dressed when he arrives to work up his bid. His exact words were. Fantastic, I will finally get to meet another cd'er. WOW, I damn near lost it! (control of the truck) I said WHAT?
    He simply replied with I am a crossdresser too!!!! I was almost home so we only had a few minutes more to talk. We talked about, how long we had been dressing (50+ years for me and over 20 for him), our personal preferances of attire, (short skirts and high heels, but otherwise fairly conservitive for me and mostly "self sexual gratification" for him. i think that is how he said it), in or out of the closset, ( mostly out for me, I do not care who knows but I normally don't throw it in any ones face like this, and TOTALLY CLOSET FOR HIM, he said that his dog doesn't even know) Monday morning will at the very least be an experience and I will let you all know about it Monday afternoon. here is the pic of what I was wearing wednesday when #1 showed up.
    Ok I don't have a pic of the exact outfit but I have one with the skirt and heels. the top and wig were differant, but you get the idea.
    what I'm wearing Fri 016.jpg
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Krystal Nielsdatter Krystal Nielsdatter's Avatar
    That's the best story I've heard in a long time.

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    He simply replied with I am a crossdresser too!!!!
    You just made my day, and oh, you pic is awesome. Nice legs!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vancouver Home 2010 olympics!

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Freekin awesome, Bobi! How cool. Sweet outfit, too.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

What a cool story! Can't wait for the next chapter.

Julie

So rug cleaning is a career for CD's?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Great story and great out. Can't wait to hear the next part.

Jasmine

Thank you all so much. I have to say I am still in AWE and one is due here any minute but I have a slight correction to the story. The one with the tg in orange county did not say a "tg" he said he has a "t" working for him in orange county. felt I should clairify that since there are so MANY differant variations of meaning floating around. I don'y know exactly what he meant but I'll try to find out in a bit. but for now I gotta get ready for company.
    SEE YA's
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Bobi, what a great story. It reminds me of a roller coaster ride where you go from Oh, **** to weee in a few seconds.

Bobi -- Meeting the carpet cleaner guy while dressed is better than opening the door for the UPS guy! Now you're out to all four and talked with one us to boot. Now, you won't have to wonder if any of them are CD'ers because you now know.
    BTW, the way you were dressed, you must have wowed him.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

What a great story and amazing ending. Makes me wonder about situations where I should conside meeting people as Kristen rather than in guy mode. Thank you for posting this!
    Kristen

Carpet Cleaning up Date

The second of two visitors is in the house. I'll start with the first bid.
    he arrived on time and was just as professional as anyone I had ever worked with. A gentleman about 40/45 YOA, very polite, addressed me as Bobi several times while here. He worked up his bid, considerably cheaper because he threw in free deodorizing instead of an charge. How nice was that??
    The only thing that happened out side of standard practices was, right after we talked about his bid, he asked how long I have been dressing. I told him I believe I have been dressing in one way or another longer than he has been alive, he said " NO WAY", you apparently enjoy it, feel very comfortable doing it, and look good doing it! The way he said "look good" made me kind of wonder, but just for a second or two. His wife has a blouse just like mine. I said "so does mine" and we had a laugh. then he was gone to another appointment.. What I wouldn't give to here some later conversations.

This one has a real good chance of getting the job, I mean the second one today. (he is funny) His reaction when I went out to open the gate was, Holly shit, I wasn't expecting that. He was early, saying he just couldn't wait any longer.
    He offered me a job working with his crew as long as I dressed like that all the time (while working). Yep, I think I may go to work cleaning carpets in a short skirt and heels. Hang on a second He want's to say something.

Hello Ladies and Gentelmen, Chris here, Your local carpet care professional. I showed up about 30 minutes early without calling ahead, but I was greeted at the gate by a beautiful woman with a smile on her face. Had I not known Bobi was a cross dresser ahead of time, I would not have know it from 10 feet away. You all should meet her if you ever get a chance to, she is sweet, very polite with very nice long legs, legs to die for as my son would say. Bobi just said nock it off. Seriously, I have been cleaning carpets for 15 years in the San Diego area. 25 years ago I started my own business up north and haave been pretty lucky doing it. This is the first time I actually me t a cross dresser and wow, I'm impressed.

OK that's enough, Im back now but Chris made me promise not to change anything and he is going to make sure I post this without changing anything he put up. (((( like I said he has a real good chance of getting the job))). In all actuality I have to turn the bids in so the Administrator can decide, I have very little if any say in the hiring for this, but I will try!!!!! he is funny, sweet as banana cream pie and very polite, I dont' know about his legs he has pants on,, oops his right lower leg looks good.....
    Ok, he has to leave now so I'll post this while hes watching. One more bid to go Monday, that is the one with the cd'r. NO Chris doesn't know him, never even heard of his company.

Wow Bobi! Great story. I love the outfit! Those heels make your legs look great.
    Cary

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi jean View Post
    One more bid to go Monday, that is the one with the cd'r. NO Chris doesn't know him, never even heard of his company.
    So, you're telling guys with other carpet cleaning places that there's a CD who also cleans carpets?

Gold Member
    You are letting him type in your posts?? My sides are hurting!
    Now that sounds fun.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    And the moral of the story...

EITHER: "Society is ready to accept crossdressers after all"

I think the moral of the story is that, in a capitalist country, you go where the work is. The way things are right now, I'll bet most of them would clean carpets for three-legged Nazi Eskimos, or even a liberal Frenchman.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Great story Bobi, I am looking forward to reading about the Monday appointment.
    I know how you felt when you were told the first guy was just round the corner. I had a similar experience when the lady rep of a watch repair company called tell me they had finally fixed my wife's watch and could she drop it off as she was in the neighbourhood. Eeeek! I was fully dressed (as in my profile photo) and after a brief hesitation I asked her if she was broadminded as I looked different to normal. When she arrived at the door she grinned from ear to ear and came in to give me the watch. We talked for a few moments during which she said that she had no problem with the way I was dressed and that was the end of it.

Edwina

Carpet Cleaner///Monday morning

NOT GOOD!!!
    I don't mean he didn't give me an estimate or anything like that, but I could have gotten ONE HELL OF A DISCOUNT.........................
    Everything started out ok, but as soon as I had the bid in hand, he started a few things I was NOT prepared for..... I won't go into details because I love coming here and I do not want to be banned. BUT this 20'ish year old KID wanted me to have sex with him. Not that I am against having sex with others, I just don't feel that this approach was at all proper.. I'm still a bit shocked, so I won't elaborate, but he won't be cleaning any carpets here (not in my lifetime).
    So, I have e-mailed the other bids over to the administrator recommending the second bid. As much as I liked Chris, I had to recommend another. I will know by this afternoon or sooner which one the admin wants, and will then make my calls to let each of them know, one way or the other. In the mean while, I have to figure out how to convince, which ever, carpet cleaner to take pictures with me. They all already know about the video cameras, thay aren't the best quality, but may be all I can get, Just have to wait and see if he will let me take some digital stills or even if he will allow any pics at all
    and to reply to some of your replys;

Actually I did not say anything about his being a cd'r. Chris saw the name and notes I had written and just said he had never heard of him.

It was Chris's Idea to post something, I had no Idea what he would say but he was so funny I knew he wouldn't say anything bad, just one of those kinda guys. (almost wish he had made an offer like I got this morning)
    I wouldn't have accepted ( i don't think) but OOOOOOOHHHH the thought!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the heels make my leggs look good, I think my legs make the heels look good. ha,ha,ha.

THANK ALL OF YOU for reading and commenting if you did, You are all so sweet.

Bobi

That's a nice experience. I know here in southern cal, we have a very tolarent society. It is one of the nicest place on earth. :-)

Great 3 Chapters

Now please send us Chapter 4. I can't wait to read or hopefully see it. SA

This is too good! I'm quite sure the carpet cleaning guys don't get this in their workload every day. And hey, everyone likes to break up the routine once in a while. It's no wonder they gave you such a good reception. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Hopefully(not really) the forth and final chapter to this will be tomarrow afternoon. The carpet is scheduled to be cleaned tomarrow at 8 am. My reccommendation was accepted, as I knew it would be. Gary gets the jobs. He is also doing the administrators carpets tomarrow, after he finishes here. I asked him about pictures,(taking and posting)! I asked if I could bring in my digital for some pic's of the two of us, or if he would rather me pic some off the video cams. He prefered the cams but his reply was a bit reserved (i think) ,but, he is willing to let me post as long as I do not show a really clear pic of his face. We'll see, I told him that if he had a few extra minutes, he could pick out the ones that were ok with him. His answer to that was surprizing, he said No, I'll trust your judgment. I'm bringing my digital anyway, just in case, and NO, I will not use it without his knowing first.....
    So I guess, if I will be able to finish this BOOK tomarrow or Wed. morning. Any writers interested???????
    I hate to see it end. I have had a lot of fun with this. Whats next? window cleaning. Hell, I know, I'll talk the administrator into a whole house cleaning. that should be interesting. Last time we had six girls cleaning for about 8 hours.

Personality goes a long way

No doubt it was your personality that made such a great impression! Thanks for representing us all so well

Silver Member
    What a great story Bobi! I really rnjoyed reading it. I assume there will be a fourth and final chapter. I am looking forward to it.

"up date" carpet cleaning

Tuesday 11:30 am. The carpets are clean. A differant tech showed up this morning, without warning to either of us. Gary was supposed to do the carpets but he got tied up at a differant location, so the scheduler sent David over. That is O K tho. A real nice guy, absotutely 100% professional, come in, looked the house over, tried to up sell me, filled out the papers, did what carpet cleaners do, got paid and off to the Administrator house he goes. Didn't talk too much, I did ask if Gary, or the scheduler, had mentioned anything about me being a crossdrsser and he said nope, but thats alright, that ain't nothin(pointing at my dress), you should see some of the things we see! We both laughed at that and I siad I HAVE NO DOUBT about that. anyway he was pretty hesitant to let me show pics, but he did say that these are ok to show. SO, if for no other reason than to prove he was here and to let ALL of you know that I wasn't joking, and to tell you that it (letting others know about you) can be done, here are the pics.

carpet upon arrival.jpg

doin his job.jpg

Yesturday afternoon, I was reading a thread on here. do not know who started it or anything and I ain't gonna go back to find out, but it was about acceptance and how you act or let on when others around. I find that it is about as true, as anything I have ever heard or said about crossdressing. confidence in, and acceptance of your self, is 100 time more important for others acceptance than how you look.
    I was in hopes of a better story for the last chapter to this but I guess it just wasn't in the cards. I thank each of you for your complements and other encourageing statements, and wish each of you good carpet cleaning experiences in the future. Now I gotta go find another way to do something like this again, only better..........
    Bobi