Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who are out....

Banned Read only

For those who are out....

Are most of the GGs who know you dress supportive, or are most unsupportive?

Have any reactions surprised you one way or the other?

My side,very unsupportive.
    Kimmy 55

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post

Hi Heather-

FWIW, girl, every single ggirl I have come out to, epsecially the most important ggirl in the world, my wife, have been totally supportive and understanding. Of course, there is one caveat, I wouldn't come out to someone who I thought would be judgemental and negative about it in the first place, so perhaps that should be taken with a grain of salt.

The only one who did surprise me, sort of, and not in any negative way, was the one who is probably my closest friend after my wife (come to think of it, nearly all my closest friends are women), she asked me, point blank what I did with my boystuff when I dressed. I think I actually blushed.

What I've found is that natal females tend to be supportive, understanding and curious about it. Men, even the ones who are understanding, tend to be accepting but absolutely do not want to know anything at all about it. Usually I take along a picture or two, just so whoever I'm talking to doesn't immediately get any Jerry Springer ideas, the women actually look at them and make comments about them. The men tend to hold them gingerly by the corners with their thumb and forefinger and then put them down like if they hold them too long they'll get tgirl cooties on them.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

so far for me every one that I have told have been more than ok with it and they say what ever makes U happy so Now i really becoming Happy with me Jerzie

Lets see. I do interviews and hiring here, so over the last three years, I have interviewed exactly 68 gg's and 3 gm's that were informed before the interview that I am a crossdresser. I have had 2 (one of each gender) say thanks but no thanks to an interview. Our requirements are simple and not out of the ordinary. As far as acceptence from GG's, all that have worked here are not only accepting and supportive, they encourage it. I'm told I'm a better boss when dressed female. I'd bet it has something to do with being more relaxed!!!
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by bobi jean View Post
    Lets see. I do interviews and hiring here, so over the last three years, I have interviewed exactly 68 gg's and 3 gm's that were informed before the interview that I am a crossdresser. I have had 2 (one of each gender) say thanks but no thanks to an interview. Our requirements are simple and not out of the ordinary. As far as acceptence from GG's, all that have worked here are not only accepting and supportive, they encourage it. I'm told I'm a better boss when dressed female. I'd bet it has something to do with being more relaxed!!!
    Can I come work for you?<g>

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    How we dress says a LOT about how we think of women.
    Will women be flattered by what you think of them?

If you dress to fit in with the natal women around you, you should expect to be well received en femme.

As to anyone over 30 dressing like a teen, ask a teen what they think.

My wife very unsupportive. Two sister-in-laws that know never brought my CDing up in the 37 years that they've known. Mother and sister were very unsupportive. Once my wife outed me to our church many of the women that now know treat me far differently than they did before (and I don't mean in a good way)

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Can I come work for you?<g>

Hugs...Joni Mari
    send me your resume and we'll talk, MAYBE!!
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by bobi jean View Post
    send me your resume and we'll talk, MAYBE!!
    Bobi Jean-

I was just kidding, hon, not that I wouldn't adore working for you, of course. But thanks for the sweet (and quite professional) reply. You just rock.

Hugs...Joni Mari

All the women in my life that know are very supportive. There are really only three though, so it is a small sample...wife, daughter, good friend.

All of them love to dress me up too, which is a lot of fun.

Kisses,

Allie

very supportive to not caring one way or another...
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I yam what I yam,

Friends

All my best friends are females. Their husbands know, I suppose. I don't ask. They don't tell. I don't care. All my male friends know. Those who reject aren't my friends. As a casually met person shows signs of developing into a friendship, I tell them giving them the free choice of rejecting or accepting up front. In the last 30 or so years, I've had one rejection by a female and that after we'd enjoyed a horizontal dance or two. She said she just couldn't deal with it, so we each went our separate way peacefully. I don't deliberately tell in order to "make or break" the situation. I tell because I figure if they are to be my friend, they have a need to know. This did not develop suddenly. It came to my attitude set gradually as I realized I have the choice in who I allow to have power over me and those for whom I do not allow to have power over me. Since I am single and long retired, constraints relative to marriage and employment are not in the mix. If they were, I'd deal with them gently, with reason and care, but I'd deal with them on my terms as best as I could.

Most everyone has been supportive.

Both males and females have been supportive. I work in an IT department and over 50 people know I cross-dress and have either seen me in person or seen pictures of me.

I've been impressed with most everyone I've come in contact with. I have had a few bumps in the road. I told one gal that I thought would be understanding because she and a gay guy at work dressed as Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers for Halloween at work, reversing the roles of course. But she seemed to be the most squeamish. Maybe because when she told me her boyfriend had dressed up, but only for the theater mind you. I said, "Yea, I'm sure it's only for the theater...". And I've already talked about my gay comrade at my LGBT meeting that's convinced I have a choice in being TG...

But so far, 99% supportive!

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

My wife is very supportive, and so is my daughter (29). My mother (79), not so much. I would love to come out to a couple other GGs, but haven't taken that risk yet.
    Olivia

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    There's not "that" many people who know about me, but the ones that do, and are GGs, all are supportive.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

My wife, daughter, 3 sister in-laws, wife's best friend and daughter's best friend all know and have been understanding and supportive. We've told a few males, my best friend and all are supportive but I'm not sure they get it. People can surprise you, in a good way.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa Larson View Post

As to anyone over 30 dressing like a teen, ask a teen what they think.
    En-femme, why would I wanna wear jeans & sneakers?

The GG's I know are cool with it. And most of the GG's I don't know ( salespeople, etc. ) who meet me too.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 07-25-2009 at 05:43 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I would say most of the GG I have come out to and those that know I am transitioning have been very supportive. The bigggest suprise was how my stepmother has helped me with buying clothes and doing my makeup. We didn't talk very much before but now we talk all the time, generally about girly stuff, clothes, shoes, hair and makeup.
    I still need to convince my mum that I am doing the right thing and she is a bit apprehensive about seeing me dressed but I am working on that and hope to resolve it soon.
    living the dream

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I don't give a monkey's about who is or isn't supportive. I'm me. If you don't like who and what I am then leave me alone or else.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Sharing your photos

Thank you for sharing your photos. They are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post

Wife; tollerant / supportive, dosn't want to hear about it, dosn't want to see it, but, tries to give me time to dress, and has even purchased clothing and accessories for me.

Daughter; preffers not to be seen with me crossdressed, borrows some of my clothing (still havn't gotten my favorite skirt back), and she has loaned me accessories.

Co-workers; range from one nice older lady that constantly says "men don't wear that" I then say, "I am a man and wearing it" she then says, "Most men don't wear that" its almost a game we play. Most co-workers are indifferent, there are 2 ladies that keep buying me jewery, and one supervisor GG, that wants me to dress up on Wednesdays nights so we can go to Ladies night at the "On Target" its a gun range.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    All the woman in my life are very supportive and and taught me alot .

@ Intertwined

Hon, that is one spooky avatar. The eyes seem to follow me no matter where I am in the room.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Hon, that is one spooky avatar. The eyes seem to follow me no matter where I am in the room.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    now that i am bed ridden, I am playing with my animation program again, take a look at my profile picture.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/