Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boss

boss

what would happend if your boss found out that you dress part time as a women or found some crossdresser sit on your work computer for me i would fine my salf fard from my job

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    My supervisor, her supervisor, and his supervisor...the store manager know that I do, as do most people I work with. I dont go to work dressed, except Halloween.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Not Sure What a Fard is...

Oh, you mean fired!

Uh, funny thing, my boss does know along with about 50 other people at work. They have all been very supportive. I think it depends on the culture of the company and the type of work you do.

I'm a Lead Application Engineer for a large bank in the IT department. I'm part of the Service Company. We have Diversity training which the LGBT is a part of. So things are just fine. If anyone wants to see pictures of Tracy at work I fire up the slide show, easy.

I'm hoping other companies would get with the program. That's my goal.

-Tracy
    Last edited by TSchapes; 07-25-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling Sheesh!
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

For me it would be fine as I am at a university that has an extensive department that not only teaches but has developed policies that protect those who are students, faculty or staff. Now my co-workers is another issue.

Teri

Gold Member
    Everyone at my old job knew.
    Yeah the boss too, it wasn't an issue. Never really went to work en femme fully except halloween.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Fired in a heart beat. I work with a bunch of guys who spend an inordinate amount of time trying to out do eachother in the masculine dept.

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    No real boss and our business is family owned. My wife knows. I don't dress overtly femme (i.e. heels, skirts etc.), but I always where women's clothing (jeans, tops (sometimes with lace)). No one seems to care or notice that much.
    Love will find its own way through.

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    I've often wondered this too, there's no law in the state I work in that protects the civil liberties of transgendered people so they could easily fire me over it if they wanted to. At this point, I'd rather not find out.
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

We're Working on an EEOC statement now.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJo View Post
    I've often wondered this too, there's no law in the state I work in that protects the civil liberties of transgendered people so they could easily fire me over it if they wanted to. At this point, I'd rather not find out.
    One of the things our LGBT group at work has done is pressure our company to add a gender identity clause in the EEOC. I don't think that will allow me to show up as Tracy whenever I like, but it will prevent them from firing me in case some bigwig sees me in public. It will be added in 2010. If the ENDA passes in congress, it will make it imperative throughout the country not to discriminate against us. That would be even better!

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Gold Member

Fard?

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    Oh, you mean fired!
    Think deep southern. Like you give your best girl a dozen flares.

I think I would be fine at my company other than some (hopefully) good natured harassment from a close knit team. We have out gays, lesbians, and post-op TS's. I don't know of any transgender individuals that aren't post-op that are out, but it is a big company so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by slamddoger View Post
    what would happend if your boss found out that you dress part time as a women or found some crossdresser sit on your work computer for me i would fine my salf fard from my job
    I would be fired for misuse of company resources If I was caught with crossdresser items on the work computer. The job would be on shaky grounds if it got out that I dressed differently on my own time. They have strong rules about off work behavior.

Legally, they're not supposed to be allowed to fire you for that, but they'll probably find another reason. In the world we live in, where everyone is too busy walking around on eggshells for fear of offending the "Moral Majority," they'd find a way to terminate you.

Personally, I don't think it's any of their business what kind of clothes you wear. The fact that some companies make it their business is totally absurd. It's equivalent to firing someone for buttering the wrong side of their toast.

Youth angst, rant, rant, blah blah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Banned Read only
    Well... being that my boss is pretty much... me... I have to tread lightly. If I ever found out I was a transvestite, I'd have to fire me.

Being retired I dont have to worry about bosses ever again.

Arlene McCarthy - Proud to be a full time woman.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

not too sure.i love who i work for and have aquired the company female skirts,trousers and various blouses which i wear at home.im a tesco girl through and through.
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Silver Member
    Do you know I really do not know the answer to that question, I know some of my colleagues would be very supportive and there are many others who absolutely would not!!

My immediate supervisors (for all intents and purposes, the bosses) probably wouldn't like the idea much, but would most likely not find it grounds for dismissal or believe that I was unable to perform my duties because of it. The company president... he's a different story. I can see him wanting to get rid of me and having me fired for something else (that looked good on paper) so as to avoid any law suits.

In general, I'd be treated differently in the office by some of my coworkers and it would make for some awkwardness. I'd rather they not know because of this. No one would give me an outwardly hard time because they know I'm an outspoken hot-head (or at least Gabe is ), but it would change the world dynamic between me and my coworkers and be a bit uncomfortable.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Since I work at home, it's not an issue. Sometimes I go to work wearing just women's undies!

Kinda funny story -- Some years ago, when I had a more lucrative writing job, My editor and I set up a meeting in her office to discuss a book project. (Remember when people still read books?) I don't know whether she knew it or not, but she had scheduled our meeting for October 31 -- Halloween! So I decided to visit her office en femme.
    Ten minutes before I would've left my house that morning, I got a phone call from her assistant, telling me that my editor had some sort of household emergency and wouldn't be at the office, so could we re-schedule the metting? Of course, I said yes, and went to her office on November 5.
    There's a fine line between brave and stupid -- I decided to go to the meeting en femme anyway. Everyone thought I looked very nice (one or two said I looked better than they did!), and I decided to tell my editor the whole CDing story. It was no big deal -- I guess all writers have their eccentricities.

Here in Kentucky they can fire you if they don't like your shoes or the way you say good morning to them. I have been told that there rumors going around about me. They can't prove anything.

At present, I'm my own boss, and I know for a fact that the boss knows I crossdress.

As for my old boss.....hoo boy! Not a chance!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

There is a Mexican restaurant not far from our office where a TG works as a waitress. The food there is authentic and good, so despite his discomfort over the TG, we used to go there every once in a while. He just made it a point to request a seat in the rear where another waitress took care of us. The thing is, this of course made it possible for me to hear his opinion of TG's repeatedly and he clearly does NOT like them.

At best, there would be a lot of good ol' boy teasing. This I could deal with. Anyone that works around your typical country boy knows that talking shit and screwing with each other is normal and to be expected

At worst, there would be some plausible excuse found for laying me off. I have very good reason to believe that the upper management at my company already knows about me, but I'm not sure if my direct manager does or not.

My boss's only interest in his employee's private lives is that they remain private and not interfere with business.

My fellow worker's interest in each other's private lives is primarily gossip.

My level of weekly income as well as the quality of my day to day on-the -job experience is determined largely by my professional,personal and social standing with the company dispatchers.

It would not be in my best interests in any way if it were to be revealed that I am a part time transvestite.

My attitude is that it is none of their business anyway.
    Two Spirits

Banned Read only
    Just to further illustrate what it's like out here in the construction world...

I worked for a heavy earthmoving company for a while. The owner of the company told all of us one day that there was a reason he didn't drug test us -- he'd rather we smoke pot than drink, because any time he'd ever bailed a guy out of jail, there was alcohol involved. "Just don't smoke at work, 'kay fellers?" There were guys who did anyway... but there was double incentive to be good. If you had an accident, that's when you peed in the cup, and if you flunked, you got fired.

Mostly, as long as you show up every day, and do a good job, you're safe. I know some of you think that your Ph.Ds entitle you to look down your noses at people who work for a living, but I prefer a life with no bullshit, no whining, no nosy pricks in one's personal business.

What you do in your private time has got nothing to do with the business that employs you.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Self employed--love the flexibility. Do not talk about it with my customers. One found out, but no problem.