Thread: Dreams in Drag

Dreams in Drag

More and more lately, my dreams have involved situations with me in feminine clothing. Since they say dreams come from the subconscious mind, i should not be surprised by this. What does surprise me is the variety of clothes and situations i am in in these dreams. Sometimes i am in bra and panties, other times, fully dressed in skirt and blouse, other times in sports bra and black tights and other times, underdressed and in imminent danger of being discovered. The other night i even had a dream where i was in bra and panties and a friend of mine was in a teddy (and i don't even know if he crossdresses). Actually, i wish i had these types of dreams more often!

Anyway, i was wondering how many of you also have frequent dreams involving you dressed in your feminine finery?

Ironically, just last night I had a dream in which I was Gabrielle. This is fairly uncommon for me, so it was rather cool. I don't have much memory of the actual dream now, but it was a pleasant one.

In years past, I would sometimes have dreams in which I was wearing an article or two of women's clothing - usually a skirt. In these reoccurring dreams, I would often find myself out in public like that and feel a terrible sense of embarrassment and try to hide from people what I was wearing. Since coming to terms with and accepting myself a couple years ago, these dreams have stopped entirely.

I'd really like to have more dreams as Gabrielle now, but they haven't exactly been popping out of the slumber-woodwork.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I've only had those dreams in which I might be wearing a bra, no shirt at all, and maybe I'm trying to walk home in broad daylight or something like that. Now that I consider it, I don't ever remember a dream with Olivia featured. Damn, that's too bad... O

I have those all the time! I've been tracking my dreams for the last 4-5 years and a large percentage is myself as a woman. It ranges from seeing my self under the knife to shopping, socializing and other scenarios.

~Lilith Ciel~

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Interesting post, thanks for opening it, I bet it gets a lot of responses.

For me, it's about 50/50, or maybe I should say 30/30/30 plus wherever that odd 10% goes. Since I'm always wearing girl clothes, even if not full regalia like makeup, wig, etc, I usually dream of myself that way. Sometimes I have dreams, usually about the past, when I am my male self and I often have dreams of myself as me, my girlself, fully dressed out and about. Not all the dreams are pleasant or fun, but most of them are or are at least neutral in nature. I guess it's sort of how I am, a mix.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    I frequently dream of being a woman.
    It's so sad when I wake up!!!!!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

That happens all the time for me. I especially dream about being out in public, shopping, dining traveling etc.

I think the most real dream ,by that i dreamed i woke up one morning and found i had had grown realy nice boobs overnight and i thought how am i going to explain these to my wife,
    then i did wake up but had to check just in case,it was so real
    J-JAY

I sometimes have dreams like that. I'll dream that I'm wearing women's clothes around family or at work. It could just be heels or fully dressed. Don't think I've dreamnt about wearing a wig yet though. The best thing about the dreams is that though I may be feeling anxiety because I'm dressed around other people, everyone else is indifferent about it. I've had these types of dreams intemittently for years, even when I wasn't actively crossdressing much.

I wish I had these dreams more often and listen to feminine hypnosis programming at night to try to trigger them. I especially hope to have dreams where I'm dressed around women, particularly ones I know and admire.

Fall/Winter

I have the dreams when I am spending a lot of time dressed. Usually nightly from Oct-Mar. Nice stuff-a little sexual from time to time but that is cool.

My dreams generall fall into two categories - wish fulfillment and anxiety. Those are general enough that this is probably true for everyone.

Anyhow, about half my dreams in drag are wish fulfillment... I am finally given an opportunity to wear dresses whenever/wherever I want without any negative impact. The rest are fear of being discovered, e.g. forgetting that I am dressed when I go out into a public place, and desperately trying to hide before anyone notices .

I don't generally dream in gender - makes me wonder if the human soul is specifically male or female.

The couple of times I did I was coming out to myself, spending time at private lakes in a bikini - and got caught...

Those are the dreams I have, walking out in a skirt and having someone see me...but now those dreams are not fear they are as if the person is either complimenting me or saying "Live your life as you see fit".

I think it taps into our excitement, fear, and confidence....
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Aspiring Member
    When I am dressing a lot I will dream en-femme quit often, and it is usually very bizarre. When I am chilled out on dressing then I just dream the regular old standard bizarre dreams.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marisa M
    I frequently dream of being a woman.
    It's so sad when I wake up!!!!!!!!
    [SIZE="2"]I totally agree, Marisa!
    I often dream about being out in the world somewhere completely dressed as a woman, but I'm not aware of it – I just am. I’ll be among the public, like people shopping or just walking around through a strange town, but they don’t seem to notice me at all. For some reason I‘ll begin to feel a little vulnerable, so I look around for ways to escape, but after awhile I realize I can remain in place just as I am. I always feel calm and collected, yet vulnerable, if that makes any sense…
    I also dream quite a bit about talking to my late father about all this. For years I used to get dressed up in the room right next to where he would be sitting. He never knew about my dressing, so when we converse in my dream my brain can’t seem to come up with a realistic (or fictitious) response from him. All I get is a few garbled words that fade out – then I wake up…
    [/SIZE]

Dreams

Often the indulgences of the day will invade my dreams at night. When I have the good fortune to enjoy under dressing for several days consecutively, my dreams will often include segments of me wearing hose publicly, without too much fuss, but rather acceptance. But then again, that's why we call them dreams. No worries though, each day is a new opportunity to become who we want to be.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

I dont remember dreams of cding , least not lately .Thanks for the hint, guess i'll bring this up also with dr lee tomorrow thanks girls.

I still cant process any cding dreams... weird.. had a contining dream like harry potter but with a twist of little people I mean really little. Also based in a cartoon fashion.

Thank for the heads up Love Bree

I've had all sorts of dreams, but don't remember many; there's that fleeting moment when I awaken and remember it all, but in a short while, most of the memory is gone. Most were benevolent; having someone notice that I crossdress, and helping me assume a female life that way with them, to the complete impossible ones where I wake up and find myself to be the adolescent girl I thought I was supposed to be, with an entire past and family that treated me as if I always had been one. I'm not sure if we can 'steer' our dreams with our conscious thoughts before going to sleep, but I'm trying that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

These kinds of dreams are by far my favorite... they feel so fulfilling! And when they're lucid too, well, I just try to see how many fantasies I can run through before I wake up!

Ooh I have some rather naughty dreams involving things I wouldn't normally do. I love it when I wake up feeling girlie.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.