Thread: Continuing story

Continuing story

Hello all
    For those who have been following my posts here is an update to my weekend.For all you others a brief synopsis of events.
    I came out to my SO last week and all seemed OK.A day and a half passed with no more said so I put on paper what I felt would be some help to resolve this issue.
    I posted a portion of this letter and asked for comments.
    A number of people responded with various thoughts on my bravery or lack of finesse.
    I printed these pages off for my SO and asked if she would care to read them which she did.She was angry and confused that so many people were supportive.We talked for probably 2 hours and now we both have a clearer picture of where I am at.
    She cannot understand what I am going through or why I need to dress,she does however concede that it is not just a phase I am going through.
    She also feels that maybe given time she will accept what I am but for the time being just raise the subject now and then so we keep communicating.Oh and there is not much chance of intimacy until she figures out how to cope with her feelings for me.
    There is so much I would like to share with her but common sense and advice from this site say to wait and live in hope.
    I do hope this is not too boring and that some will feel the need to reply.
    Huggs
    Philipa Jane

Philipa Jane

Hi Philipa.

Congrats on coming out to your wife. I know it is not an easy thing to do, having come out to mine only last year. In my case, I was very lucky to have a very open-minded and supportive wife. The story of my own coming out is here if you're interested.

It's hard to gauge (from only your post) exactly where your wife is in terms of her understanding and acceptance of your crossdressing. I would encourage your to read through some of the crossdressing myths I've published. There are 6 to date, a 7th in the works, and more planned for the future. The point is the realities are explained in contrast to the negative myths society tends to hold about people like us. It may be beneficial for your wife to read through these... if she has interested in learning more about it. Best not to push her into anything if it seems like she needs more time on this.

My marriage is a very good one. We've got our share of problems like any normal married couple, but crossdressing has only brought closer together. I hope it eventually does the same for you and your wife.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Philipa Jane you are doing it right. Keep talking but most important listen to her. She needs time and as she gets more comfortable she will let you know.

Teri

I think you did the right thing in telling your wife. Please try to encourage her to find out as much as she can on the subject. And, if you can, urge her to join us on the FAB forum to get the support that she needs in coming to terms with your revelation.