Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO your purchases reflect what you want your SO to wear?

DO your purchases reflect what you want your SO to wear?

Sometimes the idea of my hubby's CDing confuses me.

And I wonder how he can possibly be attracted to me since I am more tomboy than girly-girl. The stuff he buys to wear is girly-girl.

Is tomboyish-ness less threatening to a CD'er?

Are CDer's clothing choices unrelated to what the CDer would like their SO's style to be?

I think that it will be a mixture of reasons why a Cder picks the type of clothes that they do . some will wear what they fantasize the ideal woman would be wearing yet would hate for their wife's to go out wearing it, some will wear what they would like to see their wife's wearing, and some will wear the type of clothes that they think suit them and feel happy in .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I'm very happily un-married. I buy clothes which I like and which I hope suit me. I'm often complimented about my dress sense.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I wear what I think is age appropriate and looks good on me. Unless it is subconscious, I'm not projecting or wishing my style onto someone else including a SO.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne7
    Sometimes the idea of my hubby's CDing confuses me.

And I wonder how he can possibly be attracted to me since I am more tomboy than girly-girl. The stuff he buys to wear is girly-girl.

Is tomboyish-ness less threatening to a CD'er?

Are CDer's clothing choices unrelated to what the CDer would like their SO's style to be?
    [SIZE="2"]I like tomboyish-ness! I don’t think it’s threatening at all*. In my case, clothing choices are related to what I would like to see women wear, but I would not project that image onto my SO. If I loved someone, I wouldn’t care what they wore…

*Check out “Jack” in the film “Pitch Black.”[/SIZE]

Mostly Harmless...
    What I buy, is what I want to wear. Sometimes my taste and my SO taste meet, but it's not always the case. Neither one of us accepts whatever the other wants to wear. So far there hasn't been a time where we just couldn't stand the cloths the other one was wearing and I don't think its going to happen, as we still have rather close taste in cloths.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

My wife has a compete opposite taste in clothing and shoes then I do. Her wardrobe consists of t-shirts and jeans. She wears the same pair of shoes for days on end and wears no make-up. I guess I do enough for the both of us. As far as the way we dress I am the wife and she is the husband. If only we could get along that way.

My partner has a certain style, she presents as a very elegant Gothic lady with long skirts and parasols. Now I know that she finds Gothic ladies attractive, and I also find the style very pretty, but we both know that that style totally isn't me. She also like Polka Dots patterns and I HATE Polka dots.

For me my dressing style is an extension of my personality. I'm very optimistic and bright person. I'm also of the Tom Boy variety like yourself. I however like wearing dresses, but they never go past my knees. I find long skirts too constricting since I like to jump around a lot and short skirts to hard to move in elegantly. I wear a lot of bright and happy colours, I also make a lot of accessories which I wear. So the Gothic style is not me by a long shot.

It worried me for awhile that perhaps I didn't dress they way that she likes best. I did try for awhile to goth myself up a little... It didn't work well. I wilt if I wear lots of dark colours though, it makes me feel gloomy. Gloomy me, isn't a sexy me. Being attractive is all about confidence. It was silly of myself to try and change who I was to please my partner. I feel far more confident in my choice of clothing and that's what matters to my partner. I realised at the end of the day it didn't matter if I wore my style, as she still rushes me off the the bedroom at any given opportunity. I'm obviously on the right track.

That being said, I do dress in one style that my partner likes and has asked me too. Silky night dresses.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

I am happily married and I buy clothes that suit my personality and body. Nothing too flashy or short -- although I do try to accentuate my posititives! As my wife regains her youthful figure, she is free to borrow and, in fact, a couple of months ago wore my skirt suit. I know some of my dresses are too slinky and she won't be borrowing them because she told me so a long time ago.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I know I am guilty. I also know that she thinks I have no taste in choosing clothing. Since it is long distance dating, I am not sure what wuill happen in the long term....probably always be in the dog-house if I shop.

There is nothing better than a tom-boy lady deciding to dress-up The true girly-girl would drive me nuts eventually.

Brina

That sounded exactly like my wife! She hates shopping, doesn't wear heels, not into makeup, very rarly wears skirts or dresses. Me? The exact opposite! I like shopping, love my heels, Love my makeup and would be in skirts and corsets every day if I could!

For me, I don't care if my wife wants to dress like me, I wouldn't complain if she did, but this is my style. I remember when she first found out she asked me if I had ever taken any of her clothes, I told her, "No, I have my own clothes." This is just my style and what I like. We have totally different styles and very very rarely share clothes.

Banned Read only
    Actually my gf (and her grown daughters) has had a great influence on what I like to wear. I like how they all dress and their casual, but sexy, boho style has rubbed off on me. The girls are somewhat tomboy-ish, but they sure don't dress like guys ... ever!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Daphne,

My wife's style is very professional. Her tastes run towards full-coverage clothing, longer skirts etc. Also, since she has had three children, her body-image has taken a bit of a hit. When a woman goes from a size 8 to a size 10, and sees her husband in a size 0, tempers flare a bit.

Also my tastes are a bit different than hers. I like classy, but with a little hint of sexy. I guess the best way to show it is through pictures. The outfit on the left is one of hers. The outfit on the right is one of mine. See the difference? I can and do feel comfortable in both outfits, but feel that my body type lends itself more to the shorter skirts, etc. Could my wife wear the outfit on the right? Absolutely! She wouldn't feel as comfortable though - most likely due to a life of being told that she can't possible measure up to "those girls," so why try.

Kathi

Oh yeah, guilty as charged .

[SIZE=2]I used to enjoy wearing many of my wife's clothes (those I could get into), from way before I told her about me. In 40 years, she's put on a little weight (so have I, but not as much) and paradoxically, now that more of her clothes fit me, they have become a little too conservative for my tastes. I might wear a few of her outfits if I was out in public (I'm not, because she's anti-CD), but I still prefer to dress younger and sexier, and if I'm honest, I wish she would too. In my closet, however, I want way-out sexy, bordering on bondage too![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Tony[/SIZE]

I don't think it's necessarily what you want your SO to wear, as much as it is what the female archetype part of the personality wears.

Of course, what the dresser personally finds most attractive is what she's gonna wear to feel attractive.

Clothes

My taste and my Dear Wife's taste are quite alike in most clothing choices. I do like dresses more than she does, but I find that like others I try to dress age appropiate. I hope one day to venture out and I do try to dress like the lady I wish to be. I do know that Dear Wife has "accidentally" put some of my tops in the drier and guess what? She wears them now. Guess I'll have to buy more.

I've always liked the style of clothes my wife wears. She tends to wear more pants than skirts nowadays so I now own more skirts. Luckily we're the same size except shoes, my heels are higher than hers.
    I've often bought her clothes,nightgowns & jewelery, which she's always liked. I've actually just bought what I'd wear myself, so we're very much in tune.
    The only thing I love which she doesn't are satin shirts. I'd love her to borrow my clothes,it would be a thrill to see out wearing MY things.

Given there are many reasons why we crossdress, there is not a single answer for your question. You already received answers were girls just have their own style without any relation with SOs styles.

In my case, crossdressing is a fetish kind of thing (at least at this point). Therefore I use more sexy clothing. For me these are clothes I would love my SO using. It does not mean I love her less because she doesn't but I would really like to see her in more sexy clothes, high heels, etc.

My 2 cents.

There was never a lot of overlap between the style of clothes I wear and what my wife would have picked out. She was much more into the casual, practical style and everything I put together seemed to end up looking more business casual. She was always pushing me to be more flirty and diva-like. Every once in a while though one of us would find something we really liked, only to discover that it didn't fit and we'd ask the other to try it and see if they liked it and if it fit them.

We both have our own clothing tastes, although we do wear matching lingerie occasionally

Aspiring Member
    My purchases don't reflect what I would want my wife to wear, but that is more of a sizing problem than anything - I see stuff all the time in her favorite stores that I would like to wear, but their sizes stop well short of what I would need. Most of the clothes stop at about size 12, shoes at size 10 and it's very frustrating. I'd lke to get some mini skirts, but the only ones I find are in the junior's section. Circumstances will permit me to shop online soon, and have purchases shipped to my home, so that should be changing!!

do i wear what I wish my wife did?

Heck yes I do. I get so sick and tired seeing her is those darn cotton pj's. The only time i see her in anything frilly fem is on vacation maybe once a year, and when she does wear something sexy it is with such a pained look on her face it is not worth it to me. it just plain sucks. Sorry for the rant but that's the way i feel.--michille
    michille

Not at all.

I dress for myself, not how I want my wife to dress. I do wish she would dress a little nicer. I'm a big fan of "What not to Wear" and my wife wears clothes that don't fit well. I've gone with her to the store to help her pick out clothes and she says she loves what I pick out for her, then she doesn't wear them.

I also love a lot of costumes and like to dress in different looks. Some I would not go out in public with. So, definitely I wouldn't want her to wear those!

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Platinum Member

Not The Same

I tend to dress more sexy and my wife more conservitivly our
    styles are 180 degrees apart .
    But then again it's a don't ask don't tell thinggie so I don't push things.
    Oh how I wish she would share my things.
    O-well I don't rock the boat because I may be thrown overboard!!!
    .................................................. ........thanks............ORCHID