Thread: Without a Net

Aspiring Member

Without a Net

Today I took my elderly neighbor lady shopping. I was dressed fem casual in women’s jeans, a pullover top, and sandals that showed my painted toe nails. My hair was poofed and I wore some bracelets and a ladies watch. The only makeup that I used was lipstick.
    When I go out dressed in a skirt or dress I always take my “safety” clothes with me. Then if there is any trouble like a flat tire I can change into drab clothing. Because I was dressed so casual today I didn’t have any safety clothes with me.
    After four stores it was time to drive my neighbor home. Just before we got to her house it started raining hard. I got her into her house and helped her change her wet top. Then I made several trips out into the deluge to bring in her purchases. By the time I was done I was soaked. She said,” take off those wet clothes and I’ll give you something dry to wear.” She gave me one of her colorful lounge dresses. I put it on and started to leave. She had me put my wet clothing in a shopping bag. On the way out she asked me to please get her mail. It was in her mailbox out by the road. On the way out I put the bag of wet clothes in my car. Then I looked both ways and got her mail. On the way back to her house I noticed her adult son coming home in his pickup truck. I ran into the house just before he turned into the driveway.
    I told my lady friend that her son was home. Here I was wearing a dress and my clothes were in my car. I waited until he started in the side door and then I ran out the other door to my car. Then I drove home.
    That, my friends is the definition of a close call. I’ll have to be sure that I always have my safety clothes in the future. But it was kind of exciting as well. Leanne

Ufff, nice story... Thanks for sharing
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Close call, indeed! But what a great neighbor!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Silver Member
    Leanne, your neighbor sounds like a very nice lady. It was very kind of you to take her shopping and to look after her needs when you got her home. It is too bad about her son showing up unexpectedly. It is a good idea to always have some safe clothes stashed in your vehicle for emergencies. I do this but have never needed them yet.