Well golly-gee! Another Ze thread!

I just wanted some input from you all. There's an evening billiards class being offered by my community. Fee is very small and it'd meet for an hour and a half once a week throughout October. So, basically, it'd only be four or five classes total.

My question is whether or not I should do it. I love billiards and have always wanted to learn the "right" way to play it.

Safety is my only concern. It's being taught at a "billiards gallery," which is not a bar or club, but it's still a night class and I wouldn't be surprised if the students are primarily men. My guess is I'll barely pass (like I usually do) as a very young guy to them...but only as the token cigarette of the group. (i.e. I'm read that I'm gay as a picnic basket.) But is even that safe? It's getting very congested where I live, and it seems every new person that moves in is another that's completely intolerant of the LGBT community.

I can't figure out if my concept of risking it is irrational or not. I just wanna go so badly...

Thoughts? Feedback? Comments of shut-the-hell-up-Ze?

I wish I had a buddy to go with, but those that know about me are totally unreliable and probably wouldn't show up to class.