Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meetups and outcomes?

is very content! Victoria Gizelle's Avatar

meetups and outcomes?

Hi, to all that reply, How many of you have actually met someone from here, anywhere or online? set up a date of sorts an outing? gotten dressed up? gone out? and spent the evening at a club, lounge bar, movies, where ever? only to be totally disappointed either from the start or during the evening or at the ending of it? Only because they didn't meet up to my or your expectations. I have had several meetups and the majority of them 8/10, went south quickly.. are my or your standards to high? what is acceptable and what isn't ? I try to blend in but also look good. not call unwanted attention to myself.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Victoria Gizelle

Silver Member
    Victoria, I have met four people from this website in the past year. One of these has become a very dear friend of mine and I am grateful for this website making this possible. I have gone out with several of these friends and the experience was always enjoyable. I am sorry to hear of your negative experiences and wish it could have turned out better for you.

I think in most cases it depends heavily on expectations.
    What are your expectations at a "meet up". If you put yourself in "drab mode" are your expectations any different?
    Perhaps the expectations of those youe meet with are different from your own and that is what sours the meeting, different expectations produce different outcomes.
    Sorry you haven't had some good meet up experiences. Time for reflection I think.
    Have you ever attended some of the Events shown in the Event Diary, ie Diva Las Vegas, SCC etc? These sorts of meet ups should only produce positives for you and a great opportunity to meet with other members from this forum.

[SIZE="2"]Victoria, Welcome to the family. I have only meet up with one member since joining this site. The meeting was a positive experience. I have new friend.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Welcome Victoria, enjoy the site. I've never met anyone from here yet

I've met several fantastic people from this site. Each one a delight.

I have never met up with anyone from this site for a specific outing or anything like that. Those who I have met have been through happenstance elsewhere which includes meeting a few ladies from these parts at Diva Las Vegas.

There have been a couple "near misses" from this site which are a bit frustrating and as such, I don't put too much effort into this any longer.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Meet and greets

I have not met anyone from this site, through this site but I have met with other girls from other networking sites. I usually insist on chatting a couple of times before solidifying a meeting. This gives me a chance to get a sense for their conversation topics, humor, intelligence and personality. We also exchange photos and get a sense of their look and style. I have found this to be most helpful.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

I haven't met anyone from this site yet, although I have found a few quite local, so hopefully new friends will be made at some point. I have met and made new friends from another site I use, and all have been positive experiences so far.

Victoria, I'm sory your experiance was not as good as it could have been. I have met a girl from here and we have become good friends and hopefully my future endevors will be the same and I have no doubts they will but as in life you will run into people who can hurt you but that is life. Keep trying to get out and meet people.

Huggs Teri

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Gizelle View Post
    Hi, to all that reply, How many of you have actually met someone from here, anywhere or online? set up a date of sorts an outing? gotten dressed up? gone out? and spent the evening at a club, lounge bar, movies, where ever? only to be totally disappointed either from the start or during the evening or at the ending of it? Only because they didn't meet up to my or your expectations. I have had several meetups and the majority of them 8/10, went south quickly.. are my or your standards to high? what is acceptable and what isn't ? I try to blend in but also look good. not call unwanted attention to myself.
    I wish I knew the answer to this because I also have about a 99% noshow ratio.

Renee

I have and I consider it great ! I met someone at the Rainbow Cactus in Phoenix and I believe we are becoming friends - I hope someday good friends. I am also sure I will meet up with others from here. Now speaking in general, I have tried to meet many others and yes, many times we never get it together.( not from here) It's yes, great, lets meet - bla bla bla then nothing. So girls, its just the way people are. I have another local lady from this site that I plan to meet up with when we can and I am sure it is going to happen. We have talked on the phone. That by the way is important if they are serious. Now on the other hand, I had planned to meet a few from this site in Phoenix one night and I screwed up and could not find the place - so she probably thinks I am a flake - oops!

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I've meet quite a few people from this site, and through the internet in general. In fact, I now help moderate a group that is devoted to helping girls meet-up, and I've honestly never been disappointed in a single person I've meet. People are different in "real life" than they are on-line--it's true. There are certain things such as voices and mannerisms that can't be convayed through typing and picture sharing. But it's my honest opinion, that meeting in person is always better.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I've met lots of people from internet forums. They've always seemed very nice but perhaps my standards are too low?
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    I've met lots of people from internet forums. They've always seemed very nice but perhaps my standards are too low?
    Must be - you met me..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I made a friend right here. We lived fairly close to each other and she and I met in person in a motel room about halfway. I had never met another crossdresser before and I was pretty nervous, as was she. My wife gave her blessing, but was certainly a bit anxious too; as much about meeting a 'stranger' as anything else. We met and had a great evening visiting and being dressed together. It did feel odd at first, but soon it was just so nice to be so relaxed and comfortable with someone who was 'like' me. We've met since and have gone to several support group meetings together. In fact, she and my wife have corresponded through email. In all, I felt like we made a great new friend. O

Silver Member
    dating as a Gurl is like any other kind of dating sometimes it goes really welland I hit it off and sometimes not----usually I have a good time particularly with other CDs I've met a couple of the ladies from this site and they were super---It all depends I think on your expectations
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I've several girls from this site and it's always been a great experience.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

No exaggeration here - I've met at least 20 people from here, and every single one of them was worth the meeting. Most weren't just "worth" meeting, they were honestly outstanding people that I now consider friends. The thing is I will not meet someone unless I've taken a look at what they post to get a picture of what kind of person I'm dealing with. To date, I don't think I've declined the chance to meet anyone from this forum, but I have declined to meet other people that offered through the internet.
    So again, my advice to you is to search for their posts and their threads and take a good look through them. If they have been around a while, you will probably find enough information to make reasonable sound decision as to meet or not meet them.

I have only met one person from this forum, and it was a definite pleasure to meet her. I think its always good to meet someplace neutral and that you both can enjoy relax at. I have met a number of other ladies both cd and gg as well as men from online forums. I cant say that I regret meeting anyone of them. Some I even consider friends.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I count several people from here as close friends. I can't tell from what you've said, but it sounds like some of the meetings you had were dates ? Different kind of expectation if that is the case. Anyway, most folks here are very normal and wonderful people - at least those I've met.
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

I've just met one so far and that's TxKimberly. She was a pure delight to have met. I wish we would have had more time out but in the short time we sat and talked at the bar it was pretty nice.

Too tell you the truth I was real nervous but not for being dressed in public but meeting with Kim....as she is sort of a celebrity here.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Met five or six from here, in fact a couple have remained close, even though we biker about politics. LoL

Met, not yet

I haven't met anyone from this site yet, but some day I would like to. I have met a GG from another non-CD site after a few weeks of emailing, but just as a friend. It was a good experience. I've emailed/PMed back and forth with quite a few on this site and have enjoyed it--in fact, I wish others would write back to me more often, but I don't put any expectations on anyone (or demands) because I know how busy life is.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Must be - you met me..
    I think you were of the few who weren't frightened off by the sight of me in full beer guzzling mode LOL.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock