Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You cd, but how many of you are DUDES too!

You cd, but how many of you are DUDES too!

Crossdressing is just a fault I am too drawn into to quit. But when not crossdressed and in guy mode I'm a DUDE too! I grew up a Dude! Played Little League Baseball and was designated hitter and 2nd base and later center field and our team went to the League World Series. Starter in 7th & 8th grade school basketball team and MVP against the toughest and tallest team in the League! I would have liked to have been a Pro Basketball player but that dream died when I stopped growing past 5' 4" tall freshman year H.S. But then I got hooked into the Dude sport, BMX Freestyle!

I fell in love with bmx freestyle back in 1983. I got lucky and made friends with a guy named Eric who was once with the Curb Dogs, - an early bmx freestyle group. He came from California and hung out with Dave Vanderspeck, and he also had Eddie Fiola's shirt from a skatepark session shown in the FREESTYLIN' magazine.

So now, bmx freestyle is the current dude sport I got back into this year. But I also did road biking and raced 2 Criteriums at the toughest criterium course in the nation at Downer's Grove [The course for the National Criterium Race].

The only thing "not dude" about me is the lack of a pretty GF.

So what dude things do you do are are you unspectacular or are a sissy?

nope

Not i !!!!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Oh my. That sounds like a lot of bragging and maybe a little hostility. What's really bugging you?

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    ... or are a sissy?
    Guess!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am definitely not a total sissy! Even though my profile lists my name as SissyStephanie. At my age, 77, I am not sure that I could be classified as a "Dude" either. But I am a man! As my tag line says, lady on the outside but man underneath.

Your "resume" sounds impressive, albeit a lot like bragging! I could not match it and really don't care. But I do spend a lot more time with men than I do with women. My big thing is Charity work through my Church, and that is mostly with other men. Even my late wife commented, more than once, that I was for sure more guy than Stephanie!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 07-29-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    Oh my. That sounds like a lot of bragging and maybe a little hostility. What's really bugging you?
    Huh? People always misunderstand me here or get rubbed the wrong way inadvertantly from some of my threads...

when I am not dressed I am just a regular dude I used to be a mean soccer player and fierce Vball player too..I still hit some balls once in while so definitely not a sissy

Yo, bra, I know what you're rappin'. I'm just sittin' here, peepin' the threads and poundin' a couple brewtowskies.

Honestly, I love metal. Speed metal, metalcore, heavy metal, industrial metal, stoner metal, even a bit of alt and nu metal (Korn is something of a guilty pleasure for me). I'd say that's my "dude" thing.

But I can totally enjoy that when I'm being girly. I mean, what's wrong with a chick cracking some Metallica?

Nothing, that's what.

Wanna wrastle? :B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    I was captain of my high school baseball team, captain and quarterback of my high school football team. Was going to be drafted by a major league team (scouts can to see me), but lost that when a had a string of 6 games when I totally sucked at playing centerfield. I was also a member of my high school varsity wrestling team, and played varsity basketball for 2 years. I also like to high dive, cliff jump, bungee jump and will like to skydive. I am also a mechanic of turbines and while in the military, I was a long distance runner, and played for my ships championship softball team.

Silver Member

I have to agree with Anne. I have to wonder about you sometimes Kate. I do not consider crossdressing a "fault" as you feel it is. It is unfortunate that you have not yet learned to accept this part of yourself. I hope you will eventually change your way of how you feel about yourself.

Banned Read only

I'm also a recovering dude

Huh? People always misunderstand me here or get rubbed the wrong way inadvertantly from some of my threads...
    Don't sweat it Katie, the vast majority of people straight or bent just don't get the extreme sports deal. I totally understand what you're trying to say. I've been a hockey player and a motocrosser and I still love those sports dearly. I haven't followed football since I was a kid and most guys today snicker because I don't know the players or teams but they do NOT want to race me on a dirtbike. This bitch will absolutely embarrass you on a motocross track. It's not bragging darling, it's training and unless you've raced for at least a few years don't even start the smack talk. I've been beat plenty of times by other racers but never by a loudmouth macho asshole who thought he could totally ride better than a little pansy like me. The fact is going fast and big air is all about technique and not about muscle. It's guts baby not balls. ;-), though I have both, even though I am absolutely not macho in any way. Some would even call me a sissy. I am a sissy in fact.

BMX is no joke Kate and I have respect. Please don't take these girls seriously, they just don't understand.

I don't want this. I did not ask or choose to be this way. I tried so hard to be a boy, but look at me. Look at my skin, touch my hands, smell my hair, I'm not like any boy you've ever known.

Kiss me.

-Misty

I don't think I've ever classified myself as a "dude." But since every one seems to be commenting on how different their male mode is compared to female mode, I suppose I'll go along.

I have some respect for dirt bikers, and BMX and all that. Used to watch a little bit of it, but didn't like it. For me, it's always been wrestling. Started in middle school, and did it all the way through 10th grade when I dropped out. I'll admit right off the bat that I'm the greatest wrestler in the world. Went 1-16 freshman year. But I did improve, went 3-0 sophomore year. guess I shouldn't have dropped out of high school.

After that, did judo and jujitsu in college. Did some Japanese sword training, and American knife training. I just really truly believe in a person being able to defend themselves out in the world.

Does any of that classify me as a "dude"? If not... well, just look at my signature.
    If you're lying, or you have a secret, I'll know it.

Kate I belong to a men's only club, I play golf (not very good at it), I ride a bike, and I enjoy horse back riding, fishing, water sking, I often wear a cowboy hat, most of the time I wear a ball cap. I dress up behind closed doors, I don't venture out (at lest not yet) because I don't think I can pass.

I was and still am also a hardcore, stage diving, leather jacket with spikes,skull band shirt wearing metal head. I'm also a semi- retired "lets slam beers and then skate and destroy" skateboarder from the old school. I also don't own a car by choice and ride my mountain bike everywhere. Most of the friends i've come out to say that they had no idea that i have way more girls clothes than boys. I put up this great image of being a respected member of the hard/tough guy club, but really am not even close to this image. I think of this as being a bunny rabbit in a rattle snake suit. I also know that both sides are me they just balance my world out.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83
    [SIZE="2"]I would answer unspectacular. I played baseball and hockey, but I was never picked for a sports team of any kind when I was in school. As a result, I developed more introverted pursuits when I was young. I became an artist, and I found my “arena.” I must say I’m highly feared in national fine art competitions – does that make me a “dude?”[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by CD Susan
    I do not consider crossdressing a "fault" as you feel it is.
    [SIZE="2"]I agree with you, Susan…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Misty is Kindafem
    It's guts baby not balls. ;-), though I have both, even though I am absolutely not macho in any way. Some would even call me a sissy. I am a sissy in fact.
    [SIZE="2"]I’ve had to be macho now and then, and I hated every minute of it, in fact it made me sick. It’s not fun to be a boy at times. I aspire to be a sissy – I like that word. Call me a sissy-in-progress, trying to leave all unpleasant aspects of being “male” behind. It’s not hard, in fact it begins with removing a bunch of ugly clothes and replacing them with something more beautiful…

PS – Misty, I absolutely love your signature![/SIZE]

I'm thinking that you are trying to validate your issue by seeing is someone else may have same. Many of us do just that and it's mostly what occurs in a forum. What I find offensive is showing how macho you are/were then ask if were sissies. Be careful, many women hate that term too. I'm a dude until I die,no two ways about it. I love my feminine side too but she is too pretty for my line of work.

I'll humor you,,,I'm not a sissy

"Dude looks like a lady"
    Arrow Smith

To quote a verse from a song......

I'm not bragging man so don't put me down
    But i've got the fastest set of wheels in town
    When someone comes up to me they don't even try
    Coz if she had a set of wings i know she could fly

I don't feel the need to brag, the facts speak for themselves

BTW...I'm a dudette, happy know matter how i present!!

About Being a Dude.

Crossdressing is just a fault I am too drawn into to quit.
    I'm with you half way on this, I am drawn to it like all TGs here, I do not view it as a fault.

But when not crossdressed and in guy mode I'm a DUDE too! I grew up a Dude! Played Little League Baseball and was designated hitter and 2nd base and later center field and our team went to the League World Series. Starter in 7th & 8th grade school basketball team and MVP against the toughest and tallest team in the League! I would have liked to have been a Pro Basketball player but that dream died when I stopped growing past 5' 4" tall freshman year H.S. But then I got hooked into the Dude sport, BMX Freestyle!
    My team sports experience was dismal. I had the opposite problem. I grew too fast. I was 6' tall in 6th grade and was made fun of because of my lack of coordination. In high school I played Freshman Football was starting defensive tackle on the first string. Got hurt, and was never brought back up. I quit and concentrated on playing my sax in band. Playing in the band got me a scholarship to North Texas State University (now University of North Texas). So I think I picked the safer and more advantageous endeavor.

The only thing "not dude" about me is the lack of a pretty GF.

You say that people don't understand you. I think we do. We just don't agree with you, which is different. I've never cared for the sissy or the "wussy" taunts. For that is what they are. And some of your statements in the past have come off as somewhat misogynist. If you are worried about being a sissy and then are drawn to women's clothing this can be a source of internal conflict.

I was not a dude from the beginning. I was always somewhere in between. I did not understand why I couldn't play with the girls in Kindergarten. I played with dolls, played jump rope, and loved to dance. I was told then that this was not the thing to do for a young boy. I was not opposed to playing the rougher games the boys played. Like seeing how hard you could hit someone in the arm without them screaming. I just wanted to be able to do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. It took a number of years for the "Forces that be" to drum the girl out of me. Obviously, it didn't work...

Again, I have nothing against dude things. I just don't think they are exclusively dude things, nor should the girly things that I love be exclusively girly things. AND, a persons worth should not be determined by which side you choose, only by how well they do them.

Thanks for posting Kate!

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I'd say besides the dressing, I'm just your average everyday normal guy, the one you walk past every day and don't see because I'm just part of the group.

I was at a concert yesterday and I love moshing. I got head-butted in the face really hard.

Rachel-"Oh no. I hope that dosen't swell up and brusie"

Drab- "Awesome! I got head-butted in the face and I hope it swells and gets all bruised!"
    hEll

I think most CDs (not TGs) are just regular guys that do the whole variety of regular guy things. Crossdressing does not make you some sort sissy/fag or something!. For me, it's a whole other realm of experience and I'm perfectly happy enjoying it in its place, but when I'm not dressed, I don't swish around in hot pants and call everyone 'girlfriend'!

All the Best,
    SS / Ann

PS - I hope nobody misconstrues my uses of words like fag & sissy. I am very open minded and not in the least bit homophobic, infact alittle Bi myself. They are just short -hand for effement gay men
    Last edited by skirtsuit; 07-30-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added PS

Banned Read only
    I just figured since Kate felt she needed to tell the world how macho she is, she must be feeling insecure about something.

I know that was the assumption, and you weren't the only one to make it. Your post was the one that got singled out.

It's just like the assumption that a guy who drives a sports car or a big pickup is trying to compensate for something -- as if by default a Prius owner should be hung like a horse.

Throwing around accusations of insecurity is the new insult. "You're ugly!" "Oh yeah? You're insecure and your momma dresses you funny! Nyah!" "Oh yeah? Well you have unresolved deep-seated psychological issues stemming from a childhood without an available father! So there!"

Oh I'm total dude... I'm a sportsaholic!! Over the years, I've been into basketball, softball, football (flag and touch), volleyball (indoor and beach), and soccer. Even now I referee soccer and have a recreational team that I started and fully run. When not playing sports I have them on TV... oh yeah and I LOVE UFC!!!
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

Gold Member
    Kate - I used to love BMX and freestyle when I was a kid, good times
    OK fine, I was terrible at it, but it was still fun. At the time I so wanted a light blue GT Pro Performer freestyle bike. Of course for a 12 or 13 year old kid, $300 or more was WAY out of my reach.
    But these days, I guess my dude side likes to work on cars. Well I *can* do it, don't really enjoy it.

[
    Last edited by Nicole Erin; 07-30-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: that part is not needed.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Consider Roller Derby Kate

I have, on more than one occasion, allowed my testostorone to guide my activities. The adrenaline rush of doing something dangerous or just fast or competative is quite an interesting experience. I still do things that are predominently in the "Dude" world, but more and more women are moving in. I just went on a 4 day backpacking trip in bear country. While that used to be a "Dude" activity, this time there were 4 young women on the trip and they did great.

Fortunately I'm old enough now that I don't worry if I'm doing something to match a "type". For example, if caring for my grandkids and picking out matching outfits for the little girls is sissy, that's okay by me. At the same time if someone threatens them in any way, I'll Dude-up real fast.

I like not just the flexibility that being a crossdresser offers, but the range of activities and emotions and attitudes that it encourages. Kate, don't worry about being a Dude who also crossdresses. Embrace the full range and don't beat yourself up. You deserve the best and it starts with self awareness and acceptance. Consider Roller Derby - that would fit in both worlds.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.