Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You cd, but how many of you are DUDES too!

I've never cared for sports, except for open wheel racing. But when IRL split off from Indycar (CART) and F1 forsake the US Grand Prix in Phoenix after reassuring the city that they weren't pulling out, I lost interest in that. The only sports I enjoyed to any extent personally has been swimming (never did it competitively) and karate. Had to stop karate due to the work schedule and it was tearing up my knees. I felt bad that I had to quit when my ex sensi a few years later told me that I was pretty good at it.

Never liked being around a bunch of rowdy guys and I often get quiet in groups, which often gets me questions of why I'm so quiet, which just makes me more withdrawn. I love almost everything about women and admire them so much. My admiration is one reason I dress, to emulate them. I've always liked doing some "girly" things, and feel that women get the better deal with their pampering and soft, silky fabrics and bright colors and patterns. So I pamper myself when I'm able to.

If that makes me a "sissy," so be it. I like myself much more when I embrace the female side of myself instead of trying to supress it. I can't stand macho and there's no way I would try to be so myself.

While I never quite got the idea as to how men chasing balls around is not in some way gayer than hell, my MACHOness took a bit of a different line. I'm a fairly accomplished rock climber and mountaineer. I've completed difficult climbs all over Europe, to include Grande Jorasses near Chamonix France, the Campanile de Val Montagnia & Tre Cime de Lavaredo in the Italian Alps, **ATTEMPTED** the Eiger in Switzerland (weather forced us down), difficult limestone cragging in Slovenia, and winter mountaineering in Glen Coe, Scotland (1000 ft ice climb in frigid temps and horrible weather in Febuary - I love Scotland ). Lots more, too many to list here.

The scariest one - a climb called "A Dream of White Horses" climb in NW Wales. It got it's name from the fact that it's an extremely overhanging sea cliff and 200 feet DIRECTLY BELOW YOU massive waves are crashing on HUGE rocks (the "White Horses" being the walls of water coming off the ocean). Get's the adreniline pumping just a bit . Best not to fall off that one (thank god I didn't). Nothing below and around you but air, it's the most exposed climb I ever did.

Well, there you have it. I've slowed down a bit since my kids were born. But my wifey says I'm still crazier than hell. What'cha gonna do.

Crysten

Quote Originally Posted by Crysten View Post
    While I never quite got the idea as to how men chasing balls around is not in some way gayer than hell, my MACHOness took a bit of a different line. I'm a fairly accomplished rock climber and mountaineer. I've completed difficult climbs all over Europe, to include Grande Jorasses near Chamonix France, the Campanile de Val Montagnia & Tre Cime de Lavaredo in the Italian Alps, **ATTEMPTED** the Eiger in Switzerland (weather forced us down), difficult limestone cragging in Slovenia, and winter mountaineering in Glen Coe, Scotland (1000 ft ice climb in frigid temps and horrible weather in Febuary - I love Scotland ). Lots more, too many to list here.

The scariest one - a climb called "A Dream of White Horses" climb in NW Wales. It got it's name from the fact that it's an extremely overhanging sea cliff and 200 feet DIRECTLY BELOW YOU massive waves are crashing on HUGE rocks (the "White Horses" being the walls of water coming off the ocean). Get's the adreniline pumping just a bit . Best not to fall off that one (thank god I didn't). Nothing below and around you but air, it's the most exposed climb I ever did.

Well, there you have it. I've slowed down a bit since my kids were born. But my wifey says I'm still crazier than hell. What'cha gonna do.

Crysten
    So, there used to be a HUGE indoor climbing wall in Birminghm England, called "The Rock Face" (they tore it down to make - a damn parking lot!!) Anyhow, my climbing partner and I showed up one day, got our gear sorted, and I ABSOLUTELY NAILED the hardest climb in the place. The owner walked over and said "you just beat the fastest time up the World Cup qualifying route". Too bad I didn't (and still don't) care about competing.

Crysten (I just remembered that one, and I think it's a cool story)

Quote Originally Posted by kasha View Post
    I've been training Mixed Martial Arts and Kickboxing for a long time. I'm hoping to get good enough to compete . . . against other men
    Nonsense!! you should stay dressed up and compete against the ladies!! (who am I kidding, they would kick your ass faster than the guys would prolly ).

Crysten
    Last edited by Daintre; 07-31-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: consecutive posts are not needed, use the edit button to add content.

When not in girl mode I am a total Dude. I play ice hockey and watch baseball nonstop (watching the Yankees now) I am huge into College football, especially the Buckeyes and love doing "guy things" around the house such as mowing, repairs etc.

Amy

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Huh? People always misunderstand me here or get rubbed the wrong way inadvertantly from some of my threads...

So what dude things do you do are are you unspectacular or are a sissy?
    Kate,

Im sure it was unintentional, but the words 'unspectacular' can be taken by some to be derogatory, as can sissy (though many here have embraced the term and made it their own, much in the same way that homosexuals have embraced the word gay). How this comes off to me, and it appears many others, if your not a dude, then your nothing special. Same for you calling your crossdressing a 'fault'. Many here do not feel it is a fault, but a gift, to be cherished and embraced!

Again, I dont believe it was intentional. But I have noticed this in some of your threads that you use words that can be 'interpreted' as hostile or derogatory. I dont seriously think it was directed at the group, but rather a symptom of your own acceptance, or lack there of.

Dont worry, many of us have experienced the same feelings. Its all in how you deal with it. I too lived in shame for many decades of what I at the time felt was deviant and perverted. Since meeting some wonderful local gals, and coming to this forum, I have learned that it is anything but! I am PROUD of who I am!! I am unique! I am special! I am worthy of love, and I love myself!

Have you read Bevs' wonderful post about being attractive to women, and it being all about self acceptance and confidence? I whole heatedly recommend it! http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112430 For me, I found that once I did, not only did my attitude improve about myself, but I also found that people were WAY more responsive to me, and both sides of my life improved. I have many friends that love Eve, and accept her for who she is, once I learned to do that myself.

This is something we all must deal with, if we write posts to open forums. I try to put myself in the mind space of those who may be reading this, and to determine if in some way it might be interpreted as negative or judgmental. Now, what is also true, is you can never please everyone all the time. There will always be someone who takes offense to something... But I find it helpful to try and re-read my posts before submitting, to determine if I am coming off in this way.

Kate, you've come a long way from those original posts. I remember how negative they were, mainly towards yourself. Have you thought about going back and reading some of what you have written in the past, as a method to reflect on where you've been, and how far your come? It may help put some perspective on things for you.

Again, I am not trying to come down on you. I am not trying to bash you. I truly believe that these are unintentional consequences of your feelings towards yourself. But I may be totally off base. Thats for you to decide. I am just trying to help you to see why some have interpreted your comments in the way that they have.

Another axiom, and its totally true, 'You cant get love and acceptance from others, until you love and accept yourself'.

Just some food for thought.

Eve

I think I understand where you're coming from. Simply put, I've never been 'one of the guys' but if you met me out there, you would never guess that crossdressing was my 'hobby'. I'm in construction, and I have been all my life. Some of the work I've done, a lot of guys wouldn't dream of doing (like extreme heights). On the other hand, in sports I've done nothing spectacular - but then I was never really interested in team sports. Running, archery, shooting, hunting - MY kind of sports. Fast cars - no - but I do like airplanes.

Everyone is a bit different - and that's a good thing if you ask me.

I guess in my mind, "sports" (as they are traditionally known), seem to be weak. "Fake excitement". Like an amusement park. Climbing (see above post) requires an intensity, focus, dedication, depth of knowledge, and the highest levels of physical fitness.

And if you fail, you don't "lose the game". Generally, you die. To me, this is REAL. Doesn't get realer. There's no "having a bad game". You always have to get a goal, you always have to bat 1000. You always have to win, because failure isn't an option. Also, you have to know your limits, and above all, know when to back off. And knowing when to back off is also win, because survival is win.

Sports don't cut it for me. Not macho at all, fake macho at best. I laugh when I see these multi-millionaire baseball players whining becuase they cut themselves shaving or something and are sitting out 10 games. Sports? Whatever.

Crysten

Yes I am a Man, Dude, Biker, Husband and a crossdresser. Have 50+ trophies from the BMX days, motocross racer when I first dated my wife. Many awards for bike games on the HOG. Golf whenever we are not riding the heavist Harley ever built, and most expensive at the time. Diesel mechanic to make the money for 2 sets of cloths. Tatoos, yes, beard, yes. A mans man to the neighbors, even when I am wearing panties.

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    So now to answer your original question....

I have never liked sports or the emphasis that our society places on them. I feel that it is unhealthy that sports figures are placed on pedestals, when doctors, teachers, and engineers, who make our society WORK get very little. I oppose the billions that are spent on the industry, when important things, things that affect everyone in all walks of life are tossed crumbs, like NASA or college professors.

Now aside from that, when I am a man, I'm a man, and engage in manly things. I was a mechanic. I like working on cars and other mechanical things. I like solving problems. I like to build things, fix things, and create things. I weld and work metal. (as Tim Allen once said on Tool Time to his oldest son, 'You are now a man! You've cut metal with Fire! RRRrrrrrRRRrrrRRRrrrrrr!!!') I like to hop up cars and engines and get the most out of them. I ride motorcycles, I have done some racing, And in general, most would never suspect my frilly side!

But conversely, I also love to paint, to create, to design and make jewelry. I am an artist, and love the use of color, texture, shape and form. And still in male mode. Its all balance, Yin and Yang. I embrace all that makes me, ME! I figure that I am the conglomeration of all my experiences (good and bad) and that is what makes me ME, and special! Sure there are things in my past I would rather not have occurred. But I would not change any if I could, as I love the person that I have become as a result.

Eve

I knew thew was a reason I like You. that sounds like me. Mr fix it.

Im 90% Dude.

Ive a wall of guns, 1 million war DVDs lol, I play the xbox ( Shooters ) I play football, im waiting to be recruited into the army, i love fighting my friends.

and then in the evenings in my alone time i like to wear dresses
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Crossdressing is just a fault I am too drawn into to quit.
    I cannot agree that it is a "fault". It might be a 'guilty pleasure' or a 'fetish' for me, but I don't look at it as a 'fault'. A fault is: losing your temper easily, or being lazy. You can't look at CD in a negative way like that, or the guilt will kick in hard. I know, because that has happened to me before. Then you purge and swear off Dressing ever again.
    So what dude things do you do are are you unspectacular or are a sissy?
    Here's another term that I have trouble with. "Sissy". I have seen members refer to themselves and others in this way, but I have a real problem with it. For me, a "sissy" was someone who was spineless, gutless, afraid of the dark, cowardly - that sort of thing. I don't think it's a particularly wonderful term to use for CDs. Because when we're not dressed, we're MEN for Heaven's sake. Most of us do manly things, and have the kind of jobs that men tend to have . We behave like men, and for me at least, other than the occasional fantasy of how I feel Dressed, I will always be a man. I think that many of us have just had a bit of an extra helping of something of a chemical nature in our systems that make us want to CD. But it will never take over my life.

Seems you see disparity when there really isn't any. I don't believe there are dude-only or girl-only activities. Only social mores promulgated by the prejudice of intolerant people.

Be yourself. Just don't expect others to be.

Didn't mean you were intolerant, Kate or you were expecting others to be like you.

My motto is to be myself and not expect others to be like me. Anywho...
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 08-01-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Use the edit button please, multiposting is not allowed.
    Jinny

Im a dude too. Even when im dressed up im still a dude i still feel and act like a dude. I regularly work out on the wii or in my gym wearing a tutu or summat its just fun lol. I also go and do boxing and stuff completly in male clothes so i do both.

Aspiring Member

Ick.

My GG sisters would take you to task for your, "dude-ness."

There's nothing about riding bikes, or, many other activities, that are exclusively and definitively male or female.

Wake up and feel the N.O.W. stick hitting you on the head!

All dude, all the time. Putting on a bra & pantyhose & all else doesnt change that.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Huh? People always misunderstand me here or get rubbed the wrong way inadvertantly from some of my threads...
    I am sending you my response in a private message! However I did understand the question.

i'm a kinda dude? (well, not when i'm dressed =P)

I'm really into watching a lot of sports. I love MLB and have grown to really enjoy NFL. Favorite teams are the Rays and Ravens. My job is to catch shoplifters at a grocery store and if need be, take them down >:O

But there are women that do it better than me.

Am I a dude,nope,a man when I'm not enfemme.A Marine,viet nam vet,shoot rifle and shotgun competively,a belt in karate,worked construction,climbed mountains,spit chew and scratch my b***s sometimes,But when I'm dressed which is a lot I am a tomgirl and love it.I can shoot well in a skirt too by the way.

Omg

Oh ma gawd just listen to this.............................

I don't want this. I did not ask or choose to be this way. I tried so hard to be a boy, but look at me. Look at my skin, touch my hands, smell my hair, I'm not like any boy you've ever known.

Kiss me.

-Misty[/QUOTE]
    ...................................thats so sweet.

Kisses to u Misty

Its the 21st Century

Hello?
    I hope this doesn't come as a suprise to anyone, but it's the 21st Century, get over your gender biases!

Do you really think that what you do as a man makes you somehow more of one? Maybe you're such a dinosaur that you think male nurses must be gay and female mechanics must be butch lesbians?

GET OVER IT!

All the Best,
    SS / Ann

My interests are mostly on the dude side. I'm a huge sports fan (though I don't get to play much these days), play video-games, play poker, know way too much about music and generally have the same desires as men. At the same time, I'm not the most manly-man or A-type male either; not sure if that personality trait is linked to me being a CD, but it's not really been my desire to be seen as the most A-type male.

Also: I may like to crossdress, but I'm far, far more likely to laugh at chick flicks then to sympathize, and more typically feminine activities don't really interest me all that much.

Ha- ha, this literally happened yesterday. I went into a straight pub dressed to watch the cricket. England are playing Australia for the Ashes for American and Canadian girls. There were half a dozen young lads watching with me. So I start off as the dum tranny who knows nothing about cricket and cranked up my observations as time went by (I nearly played professionally). After about half an hour they suddenly realised I knew ten times as much about it as they did. They were great sports though (as was I) and we had a real laugh about it. It ended up with me explaining to them what was going on.

Life is fun!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    I don't know about being a "dude", I wouldn't consider myself an alpha male. I'm pretty far from it. I do spin a lot of fire (and aquire burn scars if I've had more than a few drinks), mosh it up at metal shows, and lean towards the poop & fart humor. But I am pretty femme as well, my roommate pointed out I'm more girly than her (she hates heels & hose) before I told her about my CDing. I get confused as a tough guy by some, but am considered one of the girls by others.
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

I was never an alpha male, I was never into sports, but I do have a male personality. I like being a guy. My passion is music, and I typically listen to masculine music (lots of alt and nu metal), and genderless music (tons of electronic music). I play lots of instruments and program music too, as a guy, I feel intelligent and opinionated, as a girl I just feel giddy and feminine. As a guy, my humor is offensive, I'm kind of a pig sometimes, and I love it.

While I understand the words and tone of your post, I also understand why some may find offense or at least put off by it.

We come to this board to be with others like ourselves, to escape the usual trappings of being physically one gender but do dress and relate to the opposite gender in every degree. So, when you see words like "sissy", "dude", or "what do you dude things do you do". It kind of puts alot of us off because most of us have fought the ideal of our femme side being a "fault" or "defect in character" as many non-dressers may view us.

I think you will find many girls here being 'real dudes" in their male roles. Many who engage in very traditional masculine pursuits, jobs, and worlds. I, myself was never a Macho, Alpha Male but I've found being such a man does not prevent, exclude, or protect any Man from being transgender and being the woman he knows he has inside himself. I live a fairly masculine life for the most part and I work in a very male dominated profession where dressing is not accepted in any way, shape, or form. Many of my sisters who have decided to go through with their transitions have been through sheer haties on earth. But I know we are here, I am here and there are others.

We're dudes when we are dudes, and we're wonderful feminine women when we are en femme. It's a state of mind and a state of being.