Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You cd, but how many of you are DUDES too!

UnGirly

I've been training Mixed Martial Arts and Kickboxing for a long time. I'm hoping to get good enough to compete . . . against other men

Well, lets see: In high school I played football, basketball, baseball, and track. In college, I played football for two years, and thereafter a number of intramural sports. In the Air Force, I flew, served in Viet Nam, and played a bit of rugby. And now I golf twice a week, and ski about twenty days in the winter. So I guess that when I'm not dressed up all girly (which I obviously love to do), I could pass as a "dude".

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I have no idea who/what a dude is. Nor do I wish to know.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I guess I put 60 miles a week on the old Schwinn Varsity, (ten miles every mornng before work.) I don't see it as competitive, if that's what 'dude' means. It's quiet time to think and exercise.

It would do me no good to race anything but a clock. If I get back in time to shower for work, I win.

I do play a mean game of badminton though... and a crappy game of tennis.

SusanCD
    Sigh! Sweetie, yes you are a dude, and also a pretty girl. Both. So, you can REALLY appreciate the testosterone "thrust" that dudes do so well...the hard work, sacrifice of your body/health, and the pain it takes to do something dude so well. That is wonderful, really.

Along the way, you seem to have unfolded your girl-self, too, which is a gift. There is so much to discover in your feminine self...a particular kind of love, wisdom, compassion, tenderness...so much more!
    As for me, I'm a triathlete/Duathlete, competing at the World Championships level as an age grouper. I was a marathoner and ...well, lots of those things. My idol is Chrissie Wellington!!!! She ROCKS!!! I'd love to look as cute as her, be as buff....and go as fast!

Hugs, and kisses, too, if you'd like....

Be assured that many of us here are dudes, and girls, and sissys, too. It's all good.

I used to horseride for several years and i was the only guy in that riding-school (among the girls), i loved it
    Crossing the obstacles and all that gallopping was great adrenaline

i cant say i was ever really much into sports. but cars and anything with a motor i am. I think my first word had to have been car. I work on cars customize them and race them but i still find myself thinking "oh i love that dress" or "Thats a cute skirt" when i see something i like

Duded out!

After a lifetime of doing boy stuff [beating my body up]as a worldwide commercial fisherman,I enjoy all the girl stuff I can.And,I don't want to go to hunting camp either!

I am into a lot of traditionally male things, like sports, video games and action movies. However, I have really gotten away from that type of gender bias that society has hammered us with since birth. I don't consider anything to be "manly" or "womanly" anymore, because everything can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of gender identity and expression.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Hmmm....

I did ballet as a male, as a child on doctors orders as an alternative to surgery on the arches of my feet and again later in my 20's.

I always hated sport but did martial arts, from karate to medieval recreation, I did fencing (where the best competitiors locally were women).. all these were scupperred by my deteriorating disability, but I do still manage the occassional day of Tai-chi including tai-chi sword.

I still play video games and roleplaying... but there are girls as well as boys in the regular dungeons and dragons game and also in our multi-player x-box gaming nights. I paint wargaming miniatures and occassionally play warhammer and warhammer 40,00 amongst others.. oh but there's girls playing that in my social-set now too!

Nah, there are GG girls in all these things. Nothing is really 'dude'-ish anymore.

When I'm in guy mode, i'm all cowboy. I grew up that way riding and training horses as well as riding bulls. Didn't stop riding the bulls until 3 years ago and still ride and train the horses. Don't really consider myself a sissy but definitely discovering and loving my feminine side..

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I really don't understand the question ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Well since being a dude seems to be about athletic and sports interests, I can safely say that I have never been a dude. No one will ever mistake me for an athlete. I have no interest in sports. I do not participate in any sports, and I find watching them to be utterly boring.

I would never consider myself to be a sissy either. I'm a self-confident individual and not at all submissive either.

the list

ok i have played football i have worked on cars and trucks i do take care of the yard work take out the trash to the curb
    work on the house and all sort of dude things most of the time i am very underdressed while doing things dudes do
    hoe this helps
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]

PS – Misty, I absolutely love your signature![/SIZE]
    Thank you.

Bottom line, there are some awesome athletes out there who happen to be female. Sports are not inherently macho, in fact I submit that the women's version of any given sport is far better executed if not quite as spectacular.

Women, and I think those of us who are a little lighter on the testosterone, approach competition differently then the macho types.

I've said before that I am not a very masculine boy and competing as hard as I can isn't gonna change that. I know because I spent most of my life trying.

I wanted Katie to know that many of us are athletes and gurls and that's totally okay. If racing BMX made you a boy then all of our brothers on the FtM board would be signing up immediately.

-Misty

I dont do sports. dont know that id say that is a girly thing. i'm very mechanicaly enclined and tend to be adventerous.

Like Persephone88 i like metal music, motorcycles, and other stuff that could be classified as guy stuff

What's UnGirly

Quote Originally Posted by kasha View Post
    I've been training Mixed Martial Arts and Kickboxing for a long time. I'm hoping to get good enough to compete . . . against other men
    So I replied to this thread without thinking much about it. The truth is there really are no dude exclusive activities, except for peeing while standing up. And rightly so there shouldn't be any gal exclusive activities . . . save child birth.

And aren't we all about doing so called female exclusive activities to break down stereotypes of traditional male and female roles? So why claim sports, cars, etc as "DUDE" activities. Would a woman boxer consider boxing a male role? Or would she consider it just her chosen profession.

So is fighting considered a traditionally male activity. Yes. But lets not get sucked into believing and propagating traditional gender roles. BTW, I was reminded of just how non-male my training partner was after she trapped my roundhouse, swept my leg, mounted me and proceeded to ground and pound me.

I'd have to say I come off as a "dude" for the most part. I follow rugby and can get pretty into it, but so does my 88 year old grandmother and my mum..... I also go out Airsofting with friends when i get the chance, but i also do some pretty feminine things while in guy mode so who knows.

The U.S. on the east coast. Yay the beach :)
    I skateboard and snowboard. I even skydive every now and then (haven't done that in about 4 years though). I don't think this really makes me a dude so to speak but i guess i can be one if i want.
    'Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” - Leo F. Buscaglia

I really have no time for labels, they are limiting at best. We are who we are.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

50/50 is fine for me

I'm more dude than dudette, but I'm working on it. lol
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

Quote Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
    I skateboard and snowboard. I even skydive every now and then (haven't done that in about 4 years though). I don't think this really makes me a dude so to speak but i guess i can be one if i want.
    A fellow jumper! I put it on hold a few years back but I got 500 in before then and was even an instructor (IAD). I mainly focused on high-performance canopy flight (swooping), freeflying, and wingsuit flight. I do miss the sky though.

Back to Kate's question though, I don't know what one would consider to be a "dude" activity. Even in extreme sports, I knew women who could absolutely kill it at the national and world level in every discipline of skydiving, high-performance canopy flight and BASE jumping.

The lines are too blurred (thank goodness) in most sport now to say that one belongs primarily to one gender.

And I have to comment on calling CD'ing a fault. I don't see it that way. I think it's had a big influence on the person I've turned out to be and I know my wife is happy with who I am. That's all that matters to me.

Blue skies,

Kristi

You have to be kidding

Never ever ever.

Kerry

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Yes I'm a "Dude"..... I take great pleasures in standing up while relieving myself, leaving the toilet seat up afterwards, and having the women whine about it

and with 6" heels to add to the difficulty makes it more of a challenging sport

When I'm not dressed or in 'girl' mode, I am a typical guy. I listen to underground hip-hop (Aesop Rock, Cage, Immortal Technique, Zion I etc...) and like to bump that shit in my 07' Eclipse. I have 2 10'' subs with a 1000 watt amp powering them. I like to work on customizing my car and doing my own oil changes and stuff.

I could never do the car stuff dressed I think, though I never have tried...