Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you purged and how did you feel after?

i purged one time.. and that was all it took for me to realize i was a CD and throwing things away didn't change that..

I have totally perged the idea of purging.

It seems to be about every ten years that I pruge saying I'm not going to dress anymore. Then slowly start to put together outfits until the next pruge. This time I keep the panties and get rid of the guy stuff instead.
    I will forever and always be Susan....

A few 3 ~ 5, over the years. It gets exspensive and you realize over the years that some things can never be replaced "ILGWA Panties from TG&Y" they were the best panties ever made. And some old fashion corsets too.

How do you feel "Good" for about 2 days then like "Crap" and you start over!!

I have many times trying to be ""MYSELF" as others would see me". But, I finally came to grips that I want to be myself the way I see me, and haven't purged in a least 5 years. Not say that I don't need to give some things to Goodwill, to make room for newer things.

Well that is the thing about us poor people we think long and hard before we would do anything drastic like that , so no i have never purged
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Sheesh, he'd better not

Well Kate let me just tell you, if my fella purged and threw all his stuff out I'd be well peed off. Half of his stuff not only cost an arm and a leg, but I actually use it too and no way can I afford to go out and replace it all. I think the only thing I wouldn't mind him throwing out is his collection of shoes cause theyre too big for me, and his wigs which dont actually suit me so I only wear for works dressing up do's. Besides we have now become a part of quite a nice little social group of CDs and we meet regularly so one of us has gotta drag up.
    Take care
    Bev
    Last edited by Bev06 GG; 07-31-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: added text

oh yeah!

i had baby doll tees, boyshorts, blonde wigs, tons of makeup, dresses, minions of thongs, miniskirts etc! still wanting it all back!!!

(not a whale)
    i have never purged because i do not have hangups over relatively meaningless activities.

Many, many times. Up until about 4 years ago, I would go out and buy stuff, and wear it a couple of times and then get scared that I would be found out and then throw it away. Now I am only throwing stuff away when it wears out or stops fitting.

purging

My advice is to clean out from time to time but NEVER NEVER purge or you will "regret it for the rest of your life".. janet

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I wholeheartedly agree with what's been said here. Several years ago, I purged every piece of female clothing I had....corsets, panties, stockings, wig, makeup - absolutely every piece of "evidence" that might have indicated I was a CD. This was back when I had split from my wife. I was moving and I was afraid that the box with my things packed in it would be discovered by accident. It was stupid, really. If I had been thinking clearly, I could probably have have found some way to get it all to my new house. But everything was going into storage for 2 weeks, and I was staying with friends till the new place was available. My state of mind was not conducive to innovative ways to conceal my things. So, I panicked and tossed the lot.

It's been 6 years since I Dressed. Recently, the urge came over me to start my collection over, so I am. However, I'm moving more slowly than I did back in the beginning. I can't afford the volume and impulse-buying that I was able to back then. However, no more guilt now. I will never purge again.

I can't count the number of times I've purged, but I'm sure those days are behind me, since I came out to my wife. Whenever I did purge, I was almost immediately filled with regret, so hopefully never more.

Did about 2-3 purges. Always felt like throwing away myself, in a way. Now I only throw away what's wprn out or the size doesn't fit anymore. But hate doing it.

I am a little confused, if you enjoy crossdressing why would purge as you call it that as the same as stopping, it isn't like robbing banks it's something that makes you feel good inside, enjoy your self DRESS.

Love Sharon

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonbethlyn View Post
    I am a little confused, if you enjoy crossdressing why would purge as you call it that as the same as stopping, it isn't like robbing banks it's something that makes you feel good inside, enjoy your self DRESS.

Love Sharon
    Well, no it's not the same as stopping. Just like someone who swears off drinking because or guilt, CDs have similar experiences that they go through. You throw away the clothes because of guilt, or fear of being caught. I think it generally only happens to men who are in a relationship or marriage, where the wife or girlfriend doesn't know, and the man has a fear that if the clothes etc. are discovered it will mean the end of his marriage/relationship, because he thinks the woman wouldn't understand, and would leave. Sharon, your situation may be that you are able to Dress when you please, or you may have already come out to your wife or girlfriend and others in your family, and your friends. For me though, there was guilt because I knew that my wife simply would not understand, and I knew that friends and relatives wouldn't understand or approve, and it could mean the end of my marriage and my relationship with my relatives. That however, was not the reason that I purged - I outlined my reason for doing it above. But it's still fear that drives us to do it.

I use to purge in my late teens and early twenties.. I now realize I did that out of an illogical guilt..Gee. I wish I could have back some of the beautiful clothes I threw away! Please don't purge.you will only regret it later

One purge-- I got rid of my first dress, hair and shoes one hour after I looked at myself in the mirror. I was horrified. I had thought it would be an easy transformation-- boy was I wrong. So, I checked out a few books to study up on makeup basics and the lights came on, so to speak. I bought a new outfit, new hair, new shoes and never looked back. I'd have to say that my initial purge was not connected with guilt. It was all about the disappointment I felt when I saw my image in the mirror.

I have purged many times over the years, and like Lidia said, each time I felt like I had thrown myself away. My identity was gone each time, and I only found myself again after I began to dress en femme again. It took several years, but I finally accepted the fact that this is who I am...I am Alicia. I may have been born in the body of a male, but my soul is female, and no amount of purging will ever alter that.

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    How many times have you purged and how did you feel after doing it?
    I purged once when I was 12. It was right after getting busted by my mother while wearing one of my mother's skirts.

All I had (of my own) was a make-shift skirt, which was nothing more than a slightly modified sleeping bag cover. Not even sure if dumping that is considered purging.

How did I feel? Well, I hated myself and wanted to die. Not because I purged, but because getting busted was terribly traumatic and I felt very bad about myself after that. At the time, I thought purging was a step toward being "normal". I was just a confused 12 year old. Not much was lost, although I did feel a bit naked without it (no pun intended).

I set out to purge before getting married, but could not bring myself to do it. I thought getting married would "cure" me at the time, but it took me a long time to accumulate my stash and didn't want to chance being without it if I did not "get better" (note the quotes).

Aside from that, I have never purged.

Unlike many crossdressers, I do not hate this aspect of my life. This is who I am and I love being a crossdresser. It took me a long time to figure out, but I got there. I am not ashamed to be this way. It is not a sickness, defect or something I need to get over.

I've got issues and quirks, but crossdressing is not one of them.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I purged twice:

The first time as a teen and the second when I started back in the late 90's.

Each time the urge got stronger. Now I just take 3-5 weeks off in the summer so I do not get the purge feeling.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I purged everything before I got married. Back then I didn't have a whole lot. Just a leather skirt and a silk nightgown I had bought in Korea. I also got rid of two issues of Transgendered Tapestry a TG friend had given me.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Several - felt devastated - I WILL NEVER PURGE AGAIN - EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Purging??

What exactly is purging? I have always understood that it means to get rid of ALL your female clothing, so as to quit being a CD. I did that once, many years ago when I did not have such a big wardrobe as now! I totally quit CD'ing for 5 years. Only started up again because my dear late wife insisted. Sure was fun shopping for Stephanie again!

Now my only problem is storage space. I have 3 bedroom closets and 12 portable closets, 6 in my full basement and 6 in storage. About 1/3rd of a bedroom closet has my male stuff, and everything else is filled with Stephanie's stuff. Do you think maybe I have too much?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    I have yet to purge, though I have had my stuff involuntarily purged when I lived in my parents' house, though they never figured out that's one of the reasons I had it (I was a creative teenager after all, and it wasn't me crossdressed that they ever found). Actually I fished stuff I couldn't stand letting go from the garbage and had to wash it on occasion.