Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you purged and how did you feel after?

How many times have you purged and how did you feel after?

How many times have you purged and how did you feel after doing it?

After starting my habit back in 1990, I think I purged 4 times.

1st 2000 - thought God would bless me if I purged and I sure missed the beautiful stuff I gave away. Gave away some nice 1995 era Jr dresses but I got them back throught thrift shopping. But my size back then was a 12 to 14 as long as I can remember! I once accidently bought a size 8 dress and I couldn't zip it up!

2nd & 3rd purges [2000] minor purges of a few stuff as I couldn't quit crossdressing but tried to quit. So I vacillated... Then I dreamed of accumulating a big gigantic and beautiful skirt suit collection, - and my dream came true!

4th purge [Feb 2009] - could have been a MAJOR DISASTER as I accumulated over 120+ skirt suits / $20,000 worth of stuff. Chicago collection was donated to a cheap $5 thrift but nobody buys there [they're too poor] so I recovered all of my stuff after 12 days... Had a really bad mental episode that crossdressing is cursed by demons... So I quit but I couldn't stop buying and I said to God, - but these size 4 to 6 clothes don't have to be purged as they can fit a beautiful woman my size [ like Britney Spears EXACTLY]. So I got lucky this time not to purge anything and I recovered what was given away.

The only future purges I will do is to sell on ebay outdated or ugly stuff I don't want anymore..

I am way to smart to purge. And I will never quit CDing . I have never felt guilt associated with CDing. So the purge was not even in my head let alone the guilt that you and allot of others have felt.

Now don't get me wrong , if you have purged I am not saying your stupid just lost in the guilt, fear, or something just an strong . I just have never had a prob with my life that would make me purge.

I will give you some free advice, If you feel the need to purge just put the stuff in boxes and put them out of sight or to a friend , so that WHEN YOU NEED TO DRESS AGAIN your stuff is right there. It will save you tones of $ and give you peace of mind to.

Good luck in loving yourself and please forgive your fem-side and except her fully, You will beeeeeee much happier hun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I used to purge to feel less guilty--at least a dozen times over the years.
    warmly, Linnea

i havent ever felt the need to purge but about 6 months ago i did lose about 85% of my dresses and tops due to faulty latch on my pickup and i was and still am sick over it

Purging was never my thing, unless she tells me to let go of crap I have been packratting for 25 years.

"Do you really need that mylar balloon from when you were in the hospital when you were 12? A happy memory, is it?"

I've tossed out junk I bought at thrift stores that didn't fit, but nothing I've ever sewn myself, which is 90% of what she wears.

All my purges 'cept for the first one, have all been due to space. I didn't have enough space for all the stuff so I had to dump the stuff i didn't care for anymore.

I don't purge. The quality of my clothing keeps improving.

I feel absolutely no quilt and have no reason to purge.
    No rollercoaster here!

All the Best,
    SS

Ps - if you enjoy cding and it's not hurting anyone, why do you need to stop? What are you so conflicted about?
    Last edited by skirtsuit; 07-30-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added ps

I have never felt the need to purge. I have no reason to do it as my wife knows and doesn't bother her. That is what matters.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I have purged 3 times and i felt terrible after i did it.
    every time i did i would go out and buy more than what i had before so i quit purging so now i go put everything in closet when i don't feel like dressing it's alot cheaper

I've purged a handful of times, maybe around 7. As I did it, I felt confidence that I would rid myself of my feelings that made me so very confused.

However, only days (and sometimes hours) later I would feel guilty for throwing my stuff away and the urge to dress would come flooding back. Purging anything is always going to have a negative effect, because trashing things doesn't destroy your feelings.

I am glad that I have accepted myself and will never again purge

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Had a really bad mental episode that crossdressing is cursed by demons
    You mean it's not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Brown View Post
    You mean it's not?
    I think it depends on what the hands are doing.

Silver Member
    First of all let me say that throwing out some things that no longer fit right or that one just does not want or wear anymore is not considered a purge! A purge is getting rid of EVERYTHING with the intention of stopping dressing permanently for whatever reason.

There was a long period in my life when I was not happy about my crossdressing. I wanted to quit doing it and just be a "normal" guy. I tried to quit three separate times and I purged everything each of these three times. I should have been smart enough the 2nd. and 3rd. times to realise that I was not going to be able to quit but I wasn't. I was so determined to quit dressing that I thought that if the clothes were not there the temptation to dress would be gone and I would be able to quit. Of course I was wrong all three times and eventually started buying more clothes after each failed attempt.

That was about 20 years ago and now I have learned to accept who I am and have no desire to ever quit crossdressing. I know fully that this is who I am and I will always be this way. I am content knowing this and would not ever want to change even if I could.

I donate unwanted articles of clothing from time to time but I will never purge my feminine things again! I love being a cd too much to ever do that again.

1. The urge began at age 6
    2. experimental practice from age 9 to high school.
    3. Adopted an androgynous look in College.
    4.Established habits began after college for 7 years straight.
    5. Purged in '99 ...."Oh, I'm too intelligent for this nonsense". Burnt a few bridges with a few TG/TS friends of mine.
    5. Thoughts never stopped in spite of the purge. felt my own personal character was eroding. Never faced the reality (translation: "denial")
    6. Re-embraced it in '08 when economy was looking like it was doomsday, and the world around me was falling apart. My job was a lot of heavy pressure, and needs creative rejuvination, and I felt like I was in a box. Since then, I've had to look deeply at what was really going inside my mind. I feel re-empowered now.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 07-30-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Actually, yes i purged. Before i got married. Twenty years later when my counselor suggested it, (too religious--he thougt it was a sexual addiction). And again when my wife got very insistent 6 months ago. But she let me keep 6 dresses. Plus a couple boxes of stuff. And I rescued a few things from the trash. And then bought a few more dresses.

Zero purges.

Some stuff was discovered by parents and repo'd when I was a teenager, that's about it.

I do periodically give away to thrift shops stuff I haven't touched within the last year or two.

I never felt it was evil, since it was always a part of my nature and no harm was done to any living creature (except the rabbits who tested my makeup )

Ok, maybe the sheep missed that wool but that's small change in the Karma department.

Dana55
    everytime i purge i always end up missing the outfits later on

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by dilane
    I never felt it was evil, since it was always a part of my nature and no harm was done to any living creature (except the rabbits who tested my makeup)
    [SIZE="2"]Hi, dilane! It’s definitely not evil – evil is a human invention, you know…

I’ve never done a wholesale purge, but when I moved to Kansas 7 years ago I trimmed my belongings way down so I could fit everything into a U-Haul truck. I only kept two beautiful skirts, and I built a new collection around them.[/SIZE]

I never purged...but now i'm transitioning after 35 yrs of avoiding the real issue with my ever increasing crossdressing..

anyway...we should have a purging central....a giant warehouse of clothes...you can purge into it, but once it's gone it's gone....and then when you inevitably want some clothes, you can shop the "Purge Store" at discount prices...that would save us all alot of $$ instead of paying it all to Speigel or jc penney catalogue!!!!

I never purged for the want to stop dressing but to keep from being busted. And do wish I had a few of those things back.
    Angie

Twice;

Once when I was probably 3 or 4; I had mom buy me some "girl shoes" when we were in a store once; a few days later I tossed them out because my brother made me feel ashamed about it and was teasing me in front of his friends. (Lo and behold, this brother eventually grows up to be my sister)

And once about a year ago which was just a couple of things, not exceeding $40 worth of things (twas a small collection), but I threw it out because I didn't want to be keeping secrets from my girlfriend, and somehow thought that this was just the sort of thing I could give up :P

I just started collecting again, and have finally accepted that this is who I am, so I think it is unlikely that I'll purge again in the ideal future. But who knows what the future has in store for any of us.

I've purged about 7 or 8 times in the past 30 years for mixed reasons. I've decided since the last time never to do it again and that I had nothing to be ashamed about being a CD. I guess I would have to if certain family members were ever to go through my things and I knew about it ahead of time but NOT because I felt guilty about my crossdressing

I had nothing to be ashamed about being a CD.
    Yes, everything's much better when you realize you are who you are and make peace with yourself.

CDing is one of the things that makes me special!

All the Best,
    SS

i have purged maybe twice in 20 years. the last time was probably over 12 years ago. As i have become completely comfortable with myself and enjoying being me, i have not even thought about it....in fact, just the opposite....how to make me feel more like me.

I hate to admit that I have purged a few times over the years, mostly when I was younger and thought I could beat the urges by getting rid of the clothes. As we all know that doesn't work.

Now that I am older and wiser (?), I have taken the "CDer's" Pledge, to never purge again. Nowadays I only cull to improve the herd.

Jaydee