Thread: Clothes shopping with the wife!

Clothes shopping with the wife!

Had a great time yesterday shopping with my wife. ( No...I was not enfemme, although I did have a pair of rather "short" white shorts on and low cut socks that didn't show with my tennis shoes so I was proudly showing off the "gams" ladies!) We hit an outlet mall and spent most of the day going from shop to shop both browsing and buying. Went into a Hanes store and while the wife did her thing I did mine. Found some great buys on the Barely There briefs and tops that I like to wear. Spent a lot of time there looking for my size and in the certain style that I wanted, so eventually the sales associate came over to "check" on me to make sure I was finding things ok. Oh yeah...found things just find thank you very much, and ended up getting enough to qualify for two free pairs of panties! "Do you want to go pick out a couple more pair for Christine?", my wife says to me. "Oh sure hon, you bet!", I said barely concealing a wry smile. Found everything in my size that I was looking for too. We finished shopping, went and had a fab lunch (which wifey even treated me to!), and then came on home. Have not had that many shopping experiences with the wife like that one but was very pleased that she was so pleasant and agreeable while I was femme shopping. Perhaps slowly but surely, after 10 years of marriage, the barriers are finally starting to come down a bit and the wife is starting to realize that Christine is not a threat to her femininity like she has thought in the past.

Hey...no one ever said marriage...and especially to a crossdresser...was going to be a piece of baklava. But you learn to take the bad with the good...and this was definitely one of the "good" moments. I'll savor the flavor until next time!

Peace...Love...& Harmony,

Christine

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    That's a great story Christine! I am with you 100% on the marriage gig. My wife is the love of my life. She has shopped with me a few times as well. You are 100% right though, it takes time. As our wives learn that our fem side is not threatening, nor is it making us less of a man, they learn that it can be kinda fun to have a girlfriend too. Thanks for sharing!

Time is on our side...yes it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_Ph
    That's a great story Christine! I am with you 100% on the marriage gig. My wife is the love of my life. She has shopped with me a few times as well. You are 100% right though, it takes time. As our wives learn that our fem side is not threatening, nor is it making us less of a man, they learn that it can be kinda fun to have a girlfriend too. Thanks for sharing!
    Time, patience, and understanding Jennifer. I don't think it would have ever been possible had I not made the decision 11 years ago to tell my wife...then my girlfriend...about my crossdressing. No way did I want to have a marriage where I was trying to hide a secret of that magnitude and watch not only the trust level that you establish in the marriage, but perhaps the marriage itself, implode because you weren't upfront with your spouse from the get go.

I know that a lot of her problem with it in the past has been due to seeing Christine as "unfair competition", if you get my meaning. She has always been heavy set since she was a little girl and has had self-esteem issues about her femininity as a result. I'm sure that in the past that Christine's femininity only served to exacerbate her already established negative self-image. Now, I think over time, the more accepting she has gotten with her own self, the better she is able to understand and accept Christine. I also think that she has feared two things about my crossdressing: 1. Is he really gay? 2. Now that he is taking hormones does this mean the next step is SRS? Valid concerns for any spouse that lives with this on a day-to-day basis to have. I have done my best to reassure her that I am not gay, and that I am transgendered, but not transsexual. And I say this again for all of you out there with spouses or SO's that may be dealing with this...it is so important for them to understand the differences in CD's, TV's, TG's, and TS's. WE are DEFINITELY NOT all the same with the same thought processes or goals. I have no desire to go the SRS route but rather want to sculpt or reshape the exterior a bit to bring it a little more in line with my internal wiring. Even that is a major step and can cause great consternation if not fully explained in a serious heart-to-heart with your spouse. One thing in our favor is that we share the same female doctor and I work very closely in tandem with her on these meds. I know my wife feels a lot better knowing that at least. And I am fully aware that this will still be a major adjustment for her again. I do think as of late we are making great strides in working this out together to make the best of it and use it to strengthen our bond and commitment to our marriage.

In the final analysis, we are still very much in love with each other and believe in us and the marital life we share together....and that's the most important thing to us.

Thanks for listening.

Christine

HillaryArtemis

My life

I opened up right after we were married, but her reaction was to be overwhelmed. I then hi it again for six years and only tried to bring in bits and pieces. She finally caught me whole hog, and was surprised but not shocked it took only a little while before she was more accepting. Now she appreciates my attempts to look beautiful and sculpted. I think she loves Jodi too. She buys her clothes and even shoes. She showed her how to put on make up well. You know, I was so patient. I knew my wife would eventually accept me and I was right. We are now more sexy and sexual than ever and happy and healthier. We even can share our fantasies. Before this we could not. Hiding it is hard, but it is regretibly sometimes necessary in order to wait for the right moment for acceptance.

JodiArtemis

I told my wife the 3rd month we were dating. I figured that if it was going to be a problem, to find out early. Its not only NOT been a problem, I think she really likes having a partner to clothes, jewelry and makeup shop together. And she joins me on the "girls night out" jaunts as well.

The biggest problem we have is the overwhelming amount of ladies clothes between the two of us and where to put it all. We already had one closet collapse from the weight of the gowns.

My male stuff kind of just ends up piled on the floor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Friends Call Me Maddy Madilyn's Avatar

Smile I Respect, Admire, and Applaud All Of You...

...I know my situation, and I know what can and can't be shared. Unfortunately, I can not share Madilyn for I know the consequences. I am resigned to be selfish and look at dressing as a "me" thing only. I highly doubt I will ever be able to "marry" the two me's into one...

No worries though, I'm extremely happy for all that I have been blessed with and extremely thankful for small windows of expression when they roll around...

10 Days And Counting...

Maddy
    [SIZE=3]If You Are Beautiful On The Inside, You'll Be Beautiful On The Outside[/SIZE]

Hey girls, check out my Yahoo Photo Album sometime...Let me know what you think???

Ladies, if you like what you see, then please help me out by voting 10 at the Hot Or Not link here...ty

In your case...timing proved to be everything.

Quote Originally Posted by HillaryArtemis
    I opened up right after we were married, but her reaction was to be overwhelmed. I then hi it again for six years and only tried to bring in bits and pieces. She finally caught me whole hog, and was surprised but not shocked it took only a little while before she was more accepting. Now she appreciates my attempts to look beautiful and sculpted. I think she loves Jodi too. She buys her clothes and even shoes. She showed her how to put on make up well. You know, I was so patient. I knew my wife would eventually accept me and I was right. We are now more sexy and sexual than ever and happy and healthier. We even can share our fantasies. Before this we could not. Hiding it is hard, but it is regretibly sometimes necessary in order to wait for the right moment for acceptance.

JodiArtemis
    Obviously you both saw something in each other that was worth pursuing to the ultimate conclusion. I commend you both for giving it the time it took to sort through the complexities that crossdressing can ultimately bring to a marriage. Still, and I don't mean this the wrong way, I believe because of the serious issues that crossdressing in our society still presents, it is better for the crossdresser to be upfront about his personna so as to give his love interest the opportunity to decide whether or not that he/she is the right person for them. In your situation, it all worked for the best. Sadly, and regretably as the divorce rates will document, this isn't the normal outcome that hiding this activity from your spouse usually brings about.

Again...I'm not passing judgment here, and I'm happy for both of you that it worked out to your mutual benefit. Communication and trust is so important and both of you seem to have established that in your relationship and once again I commend you both for that.

Christine

Surviving the "war" for closet space!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadina
    I told my wife the 3rd month we were dating. I figured that if it was going to be a problem, to find out early. Its not only NOT been a problem, I think she really likes having a partner to clothes, jewelry and makeup shop together. And she joins me on the "girls night out" jaunts as well.

The biggest problem we have is the overwhelming amount of ladies clothes between the two of us and where to put it all. We already had one closet collapse from the weight of the gowns.

My male stuff kind of just ends up piled on the floor.
    Same thing happened to us Dina. The clothes bar finally came down. Interestingly enough, about 80% of the clothes were my wife's. Of course, my wife blamed the collapse of the clothes bar on the additional 20% that Christine added. (ha-ha)

Invade a GG's closet space and be prepared for the ultimate territorial battle royale! We have since reinforced the bar, reloaded our attire, and peace in our time has now been achieved now that Closet War I has finally ended!

Christine

talitha

the 'other' side

hello there everyone.

thought it was about time that i found some suport!!

i am the wife (4.5 years!!) of a cross dresser. he told me of his 'hobby' (for want of a better word) not long after we started seeing each other.

asked a couple of friends for their opinions, and was told that I always wanted a girlfriend, and now I havd the best of both worlds.

I would LOVE to take Dominik shopping for 'girly stuff', but he is still very much into the 'op-shop' type clothing.

HOW do i get him to shop till he drops??.....or at least get some nice new undies and stuff????, perhaps a blouse, skirt....ANYTHING?????

talitha

sc_panties
    Ahh, I wish I could find a woman in my area to go shopping with! I've been by myself a few times, but I tend to get more odd looks than I really care for. The Bible Belt isn't the most open of places. Anyone who has a friend/significant other that supports you, count your blessings.

Surprise him with a gift from the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by talitha
    hello there everyone.

thought it was about time that i found some suport!!

i am the wife (4.5 years!!) of a cross dresser. he told me of his 'hobby' (for want of a better word) not long after we started seeing each other.

asked a couple of friends for their opinions, and was told that I always wanted a girlfriend, and now I havd the best of both worlds.

I would LOVE to take Dominik shopping for 'girly stuff', but he is still very much into the 'op-shop' type clothing.

HOW do i get him to shop till he drops??.....or at least get some nice new undies and stuff????, perhaps a blouse, skirt....ANYTHING?????

talitha
    Hi talitha,

Understand that you are not alone in this either. Many wives just like you have to sort through how they feel about this almost on a daily basis. It sounds like you have a positive attitude regarding this and would like to enjoy the best of what this situation can provide. Find out his girl sizes, that is if you don't already know them, and "surprise" him with a gift, something say you would find sexy yourself and would wear if it had been purchased for you. It doesn't have to be much or even very elaborate, but the thought and gesture might help to reassure him that he has your unqualified support and a "girlfriend" to stand by him. I know I would be absolutely thrilled if my wife did this for me as it would be unexpected and highly uncharacteristic of her to do it.

Try it one time and let us know how it comes out and how things progress for you both.

Christine

Janice Ann

Lightbulb "GIFT CERTIFICATE"

talitha
    From the what it's worth dept-
    Get her/him a gift certificate for a birthday or ?? From a womans store.
    Make it an outing for the both of you- then dinner-- lunch -
    Bet it will work-- Janice Ann

talitha,

it could be that he has to be in the right "mood" to do this. for example my wife offered to take me shopping as a girl to the Leggs, Hanes, Bali store to let me buy some panties and a bra. i turned her down. imagine that! i "wasn't in the mood" to go shopping that day.

perhaps it has to be like anything else, get him/her into being dressed and comfortable. slowly work towards a shopping trip excursion suggestion and then other stops. she needs to be lead by the hand, so to speak. also some pictures or video dressed as a girl could help to bolster confidence. what about voice? she needs to feel confident, beautiful and ready to go. in such a mood, it good be a blast for both of you.

by the way, are you interested in emailing with me for a bit? while my wife is supportive, she is still trying to understand. i would like to hear your thoughts.

any other girl girls out there that could/would share?

hugs,
    Victoria