Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If full transitioning were 100% socially acceptable

If full transitioning were 100% socially acceptable

If transitioning were 100% socially acceptable and fully funded by society,how many would consider it? How many of us have looked at GGs and wish and sigh?

Wink hi

I understand your feelings! I have as a ts lived as a woman for about 5 years. I feel fortunate that my situation allowed me to do so. I have many gg gf's and am considered to be just one of the girls. I wish everyone could do so if they so wished! A friend..

roni

Not me. I'm already complete.

I would do it. Wishing and sighing? Definitely.

I am a work in progress. Paint a picture an unvail it yrs later, what do you see ? I have tons of work in front of me in a lot of different directions. This keeps me on my toes. Buzy Buzy but I still have time for " ME ".

Glad my wife has insurance for Psycologist an drs.

Transitioning hasnt cost much but the waiting, waiting drives me banana's lol
    Wish I was on a super fast track to get this all behind me, but patience i must welcome.

Love Bree

Regardless, I wish I would have done it when I was 18.

Silver Member
    I would not only consider it I would do it! I only wish that I was 20 years old again as I know that this is what I should have done when I was that age.

Ronnie you look amazing! I want to look as good as you and some of the others here. Yes i surly would transtiion if i first had the funds and really that's the only thing stopping me. it is difficult indeed!

Ooh ooh ooh pick me pick me!!! ME ME ME!!! RIGHT NOW!!! HEY I'M YELLING HERE!!!! **everyone continues to ignore Crysten**

Crysten

Completely paid for and totally acceptable? Interesting option, but no, not for me. I can walk in both worlds and it's fun, and a bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Penelope Marie View Post
    Ronnie you look amazing! I want to look as good as you and some of the others here. Yes i surly would transtiion if i first had the funds and really that's the only thing stopping me. it is difficult indeed!
    Wow I have to agree - I would trade my left arm to look like you Ronnie. You look fantastic!! Then of course, I wouldn't look like you becuase I'd only have one arm. I guess.

Crysten

yes i wood why not live my life the way i wont

Hi Laura,
    Im gonna show my ignorance now and hopefully not offend any of you because I thought it was. I have two or three friends who either have transitioned or are in the process of doing so. The hardest thing that they had to get through was counselling but once through that everything has been paid for on the NHS. I'm in the Uk, but maybe I have misunderstood and maybe this isn't the case.
    The friend that I have who is fully transitioned to be honest is a woman, no doubt about it and never gets questioned because hell transitioning is the real deal. She is one of my best friends and I never think of her as anything but 100% female because she is, and certainly no one else would do. She is just one of the girls.
    I think to be honest, and this is only my opinion so correct me if I'm wrong, but transexual people dont suffer the same stigma as CDs purely and simply because people have more understanding and empathy for someone who feels trapped in the wrong body. I'd appreciate any thoughts because as I say it isn't an area that I am fully understanding of.
    Take care
    Bev

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Bev, TSs do suffer social stigma. Maybe the few who pass really well can get by with few problems but most can't and have to go about their lives as best they can. Many will have been rejected by their family and friends. The media portrayal of trans people is overwhelmingly negative. We're consistently portrayed as perverts or psychotic killers. Given that the wider population have no other source of information about trans people, is it any wonder that they view us so negatively?
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by CD Susan View Post
    I would not only consider it I would do it! I only wish that I was 20 years old again as I know that this is what I should have done when I was that age.
    This pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Dual
    I would....I've given it a lot of thought and decided I wanted to have kids first. I did think about freezing some with a bank and going forward with it although cost and parents have kept me from it. If I do in the future...i will probably freeze some little guys and maybe have a baby of my own?

I still don't understand why I feel like this...I just stopped trying to feel something else and excepted it. All the shrinks and counseling never helped me the way they wanted to. Although they did help. I'm not crazy anymore...

To add, for now i love being a guy for all its worth. I just don't want to waste what I do have now. There's something to be said about the excitment of being caught by friends with shaved legs.
    Last edited by Georgia_Grayce; 08-01-2009 at 03:17 AM.

I absolutely would go through with transitioning. I started 9 years when I was 21 (holy crap, those 9 years went fast), but given those 9 years back I would absolutely continue down that path.

I am currently in a bind as to whether to transition at the moment (my wife is certainly one reason against transitioning though).

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Bev, TSs do suffer social stigma. Maybe the few who pass really well can get by with few problems but most can't and have to go about their lives as best they can. Many will have been rejected by their family and friends. The media portrayal of trans people is overwhelmingly negative. We're consistently portrayed as perverts or psychotic killers. Given that the wider population have no other source of information about trans people, is it any wonder that they view us so negatively?
    OMG thats terrible. Just goes to show what a sheltered life I've led then. I have to admit my friend who is going down that path has not suffered anything like what your describing and his family have even rallied round, I hope that lasts for him cause he'd be devastated if he suffered anything like that. I hope he never does.
    Thanks for enlightening me Paula
    take care
    bev

Oh Yeah

so fast it would make my head spin

No way

Not for me, I am totally happy with who I am.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Gold Member
    I doubt I would do it, tho I might give it serious consideration.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I have already started my transition. It doesen't matter to me whether it is acceptable or not, it is something that I have to do and acceptance shouldn't be a barrier to anyone else if they feel transitioning right thing for them to do.

I have found that most people don't care either way and it is becoming more acceptable. The media is even changing it's view judging by a few recent articles I have seen, as are public sevice organisations.

Here in the UK the NHS does not pay for all medical services that are needed, most local trusts only pay for srs and hormones. Things like ffs, hair removal and breast implants will have to be funded by the individual.
    living the dream

Yes, I look at GGs and sigh, "There but for the grace of God go I." But I think you're doing another "magic wand" type of question here. Even if transitioning were, as you say, 100% socially acceptable, it would still hurt my wife, cost tens of thousands of dollar$, and the outcome might not be what I envision. I'm half bald, for instance. Hair plugs only do so much, and I doubt that Apollo hair systems is going to render an acceptable head of hair for a woman to wear inside of a reasonable budget. Is Obama-care going to cover that, too? I think I'd like life as a woman, but I think that ship has sailed.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

i would in a heart beat, i still am working on it though . ha