Thread: How special are we?

Banned Read only

How special are we?

Some clever girl in another thread mentioned something about various levels of genius in this group.

So I'm thinking,

I've always been kinda different.
    Always kinda nerdy
    Always kinda fem

I was a terrible student but considered to be "gifted" for most of my life. I always jokingly refer to myself as a genius but the truth is I'm the classic lazy underachiever. If I have any genius in me it's only because of my Socratic tendency to recognize how little I actually know. Of course, crappy memory aside, I do believe my capacity for knowledge is limitless, mainly because I have so much empty space ;-)

I have SOME talent at a lot of different things but I'm really not very good at anything. For example, people who are NOT musicians think I'm a pretty good musician. I'm actually barely adequate, with my only real musical talent being in lyrics and melodies.

Nonetheless, I've been told countless times that if I just committed to SOMETHING, I could really be something.

I have come to believe that the price of talent must be ambivalence because all I really want to be is left alone.

Anyhoo, even if I wasn't a bent sissy, I would still be a bit of a weirdo and I wonder about the rest of us.

Based on your posts, some of you seem quite normal and well adjusted. Then again, some of you could probably use a leash.

How special are we as a group?

-Misty

Well, I'm the lazy underachiever in my family. I'm a product of a multitude of factors from parents who were too young to be parents. I distinctly remember my parents being my age. I'm only 23. Well, 24 in a few weeks. Point being, I think we're special. Nah, screw that. I know we are. Some of you have families that know you are, some of us are still trying to start ours. You know, I don't really even give a **** that people are freaked out by us. People condescend for other equally, if not more so, retarded reasons. I'm not gonna get bent outta shape because someone doesn't think my skirt matches my genitalia. Unfortunately, some discretion is required... I have my pride, but that heals a lot quicker than my nose. Sorry, I don't really know where that rant came from or if I'm even on topic. Maybe it was a subconscious-thing and I just showed how special I am... Short-buses rock, by the way. They pull up in your driveway instead of a bus stop
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

Novice CD
    I am unique, just like everyone else

I am confident in myself and therefore mostly happy. I'd be more happy if I ever get out of the closet, but that's another story entirely!

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I class myself as a semi-under-achiever. I will work as hard as I need to to get what I want but no harder. I'd hate to be normal.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I think I keep what maybe my natural genius well hidden under a highly developed stupid personality....Either that or this is for real and i actually am really this stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Misty is Kindafem View Post

Anyhoo, even if I wasn't a bent sissy, I would still be a bit of a weirdo and I wonder about the rest of us.

-Misty
    Wierdo checking in

I could have written your post myself.

Unhappy special/

I dont consider myself special. I'm never told that by anyone including my wife whom i love dearly. I just wish i could get a compliment without fishing fot it.
    michille

Wink

[SIZE=4]I sometimes find myself to be semi retarded. Or at least I feel that way sometimes. I think we are all special in our own ways. I don't really find my self to be all that intelligent. But other people have said I was. I never know if they are joking or not. I know a whole lot of jokes about my heritage, being half Polish and half Bohemian. I think that in it's own right makes me special... So are we special; As a group most definitely. On our own only as special as we think we are.....[/SIZE]
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Wink

Everyone is special in their own way, some for the good, others not so good. But I feel we have an extra special gift in life because we are alot more "in touch" with ourselfs and we are able to enjoy both the male and female sides to life , something most people are too closed off to embrace. I can be as hardcore male as needed (got the scares and the t-shirt) or as soft and careing as anyone could ever want. I feel this gives me a complete life instead of just half of one! Well, that just my worth! Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    My wife thought that I was so darned special that I deserved to live on my own, now that is special
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

OMG you ask this bunch of girls that. LOL....

I am special like everyone else. But we are very special. I have had two spiritual teachers who said I was special. They never new about my CDing.

I have mutitude of talents in the work place and I am a artist at heart and with wood and tying flies I am very good. I am pretty good at billards also. I am not the best at anything I do but better than most.

I feel very special when I am dressed up in either male or female. I love my clothes!!!! I shop for the best I can buy. I have many different looks. I love my cowgirl look.

OK I will stop as I could go on forever. LOL
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    Personally I consider myself (talking from my feminine side) a warm, sensitive and lovely person with a touch of good humor.Maybe it's a kind of uniqueness.

And as a group we are VERY special. Our life is sometimes uneasy and difficult...very difficult but we go ahead and fight against anything in order to live our lives just as we would like.

Just that simple!
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

my signature line says it for me

Special or Normal?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Gold Member
    Well, I don't know how special I am (I tend to be an over achiever), but I know everyone here is very special, which is why I'm here.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    Special or Normal?
    Do you think this non understanding and prejudicious world allow us to live a normal life?

Of course we are normal but our life is special.
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

I yam what I yam,

Oh my.

A wife of 25 years thought I too was so special I needed to live alone.... been doing well living alone for over 30 years, for one time in her life, she was RIGHT when she set me free.
    Going back to the young lady who started this thread... My daar, you wrote my words for me. All I can say about your comments is: DITTO.
    The only things I've ever been really good at (partly because my life depended on it) was flying airplanes and helicopters. But then, there are a lot of guys and gals good at those trained monkey skills.
    Some of my patients over the years have told me (by their actions and words) I was (for them at least) a good shirnk. My one patient who matters most was me. My girl within tried hard for a long time to come out. Now that she's out I can't believe I fought her emergence so hard and so long. Ah.... the wisdom of the aged. Jaye

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Wow, Misty, you could have written that post about me. I have, like you, or so I gather, been the classic underachiever all most all my life. I always scored high on IQ and aptitude tests (whatever they're worth) but never really delivered. Academically, if something engaged me, I could do really well if I felt like it. If it didn't move me, then I didn't care. There were times in highschool that I would turn in an exam with only my name on it and no answers at all or, just as easily, I could turn in a paper and get an A. I just didn't give a damn one way or the other.

From reading posts here and on other sites, I get the impression that there is a good bit of firepower between the ears (this was a phrase someone else used) of nearly everyone here. I remember reading something, somewhere, that TG's tend to be somewhat above average in intelligence. I'm okay with that characterization as opposed to others I've heard. And yeah, I do think we're special and not in that bland, rather banal sense of "Oh, everyone's special, each in their own unique way." sort of thing.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Misty,
    I can't speak for the group. But I am no more or less special than anybody else.
    Everyone has potential. For most it is unrealized potential. That's a shame. And a waste.

On a lighter note:
    If we are soo darn special.... how come we don't get a special bus to ride on? A pink or lavendar one.

Be safe. Be smart

Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.