Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: did the truely passable ones ever even look like men?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    The age thing does seem to effect. It is like there is this large span of life where the gender thing is most evident. Before a certain age masculinity has not developed, and after an age, it is like the masculine features tone down.

I guess maybe cause before and after, testosterone is lower.
    Well, as much as the GG's may cringe from my saying it, the truth is that older women often take on a few of the masculine physical traits.

Men are cursed with some things in our old age - gray hair, no hair, beer belly (even those that never drink a beer) etc.
    Women often also pay a price for continuing to play the game of life. Often they will begin to grow facial hair, their voices may deepen or become a little rough, their hair may also thin, and countless other traits normally thought of as belonging to the the male of the species. While most people probably don't realize this on a conscious level (except the poor women affected this way) I think most people know this on some level and it therefore becomes a bit harder to tell an older woman from a cross dresser.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Kay View Post
    OK, Here are some before and after photos.

The first is when I was in my androgynous phase, 2006 or so.

The second is last year. Of course, I am much prettier now...
    You are much prettier now.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I must be dreaming
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    You are much prettier now.

Thank you! Any improvement is good.

Maggie
    A work in progress

This is an interesting question because I've always felt that in order to make a beautiful woman, you had to start off as a beautiful man. In other words, you have to be blessed with certain features that most people would agree are attractive features.

There are examples of very masculine men transforming into beautiful women, but that is through extensive plastic surgery, weight control, choice of clothes, and Photoshop retouching. When you see these girls in real life, your opinions of them may differ.
    Kalina Isato, Tranny Hostess SuperCutie

Hmmm

Funny how some people can describe how they look, but feel that they need to add some kind of disclaimer as to how and why some others may look the way that they do. Pictures can be deceiving, if you saw them in real life, make-up does a lot to hide things....etc. Isn't this whole thing pretty much a facade? Does implying that someone is faking it better than they are make them feel better about their own shortcomings?
    Last edited by kellycan27; 08-06-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Funny how some people can describe how they look, but feel that they need to add some kind of disclaimer as to how and why some others may look the way that they do. Pictures can be deceiving, if you saw them in real life, make-up does a lot to hide things....etc. Isn't this whole thing pretty much a facade? Does implying that someone is faking it better than they are make them feel better about their own shortcomings?
    Oh I just think there is a general bitchiness thing underlying the whole TS/CD spectrum. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard the word 'fake' applied to myself and my pictures. Doesn't bother me... I'm not trying to impress people just do my photos... It's what I do... It's just work with a very cheap model... lol.

Never got the hostility myself...

I've always been of the opinion that I am, regardless of how much I desire to be female, a transsexual and I always will be... and I'll always say as much to people. I'm not ashamed of where I came from, where I am, or where I'm going... that''s my journey in life.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    With the disclaimer that I never claimed to be passable despite what others have said. So tell me, do you see anything remotely feminine about the guy on the right?
    Looks like 'he' has some small wrists.... and something about the jaw line.

Queen of the Black Swans Sophie_Serendipity's Avatar
    I just wanted to say how impressed I am at how well all of you have transitioned. I have been feeling a little discouraged this week because sometimes I wonder if I'll always just be a 'guy in a dress'...looking at some of the photos, and reading about the process some of have been through, I feel better. I hope I can do the same.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    I think that certain men who are TS, are blessed with small features and smaller frames. Especially the face. Some men have very angular or large round faces, noses, foreheads. Some men have small facial features.
    [SIZE=4]
    In my case I have no adams apple, and with my wigs I look totally female. I even had my girlfriend tell me that some people had asked her if I was ftm before I transitioned.

I have a narrower build in the shoulders, and my hands and arms and legs look female not male.

I have no body hair on my legs and little elsewhere, and what I have is very light or white.

I just had a conversation with a sales lady when I bought my new to die for pink dress and when I told her I was transexual because it was relevant to our discussion of my credit cards and finances, she said she would never have known if I hadn't told her.

My gf said she always felt I was more feminine than masculine. I never crossdressed and am not gay. I am a 95% lesbian, 5% bi. I suspect I may not be an xy male.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Empress Lainie; 08-15-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: typo
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Hm. Quick reply here, so I've not had the chance yet to read all the posts, just responding off the topic title.

I go to a youth group for transpeople from 18-26, and one of the co-leaders (one FtM and one MtF) ...I swear, she is one of the most beautiful women you'd ever meet. You would *never* guess, or even have the slightest inclination whatsoever.

The other day, she showed us pre-transiton pictures. She looked like a total Gino :P and had an 8 pack that she didn't even have to work out for. all in all, rather manly. But, she did a good job at it too.

For those questioning their own appearance - we are always hard on ourselves on something we consider so important and vital to our everyday living. We want to be perfect - this image of femininity (or masculinity) we have created in our mind, and we want to match it. When we don't, we get discouraged, and become depressed.
    I've looked on older photos and seen how masculine I used to look. I look at myself now, even one, two years later and I can see how much I've changed. Maybe I got lucky with bone structure. Maybe I got lucky with body shape.

Take it easy. Don't rush things.

Also, from my own experience, it's easier to pass male than it is to pass female...coming from either direction of biological sex.

So i havnt read all the posts so far, but just wanted to say that i didnt start off with the most femminine features, but in time i was able to go from somewhat passable to almost 100% passable. I started off before my transition at 5'8" 160lbs lean Muscle, 14.5" arms so on and so on. and yes i cant say that i had a verry feminine figure, bone structure or so on.. but HRT has hellped, i noticed the reshaping of my jaw line, the breast growth to a good A cup in 5 months, and weight loss to help round out my figure. If you want try and find my before and after pics they are on this site and you can decide.
    Dosed By You