Thread: First time out

First time out

Finally went out "en femme" for the first time this morning. I had to meet up with a group of friends early this morning. For days I had the urge to wear my girly clothes outdoors and decided that today was the day.

I set my alarm an hour early, got everything together that I needed (including a set of male clothes). and dressed up in my femme attire. As it was first time out I thought that I would wear something less conspicuous. I decided on flat black shoes, jeans, pink t shirt top, pink bra and thong along with a wig, jewellry and just a small amount of make up.

As I let my home a locked the door my heart was racing with excitement and panic as some of my neighbours are early risers (even on a saturday).

I raced to my car and took a few minutes to regain my breath. My first visit was to the local beach. I parked my car next to the prominade. I sat their for a few minutes just to see who was about. Apart from the odd jogger and a couple who were walking their dog, the beach was deserted. I took a deep breath and got out of the car. I walked about 20 metres until I reached a bench. I sat down, lit a cigarette and just watched the sea. After about 10 minutes I decided not to risk it any further so I retrurned to my car.

As I needed to get some money, I drove to an out of town store to use the cash till. The store was open but had no one inside. With my heart pounding I went into store. I went to the counter to pay for my goods. I was served by a very pleasant middle aged lady. I gave her my money and said thank you when she gave me my change. When she heard my masculine voice she looked at me and just smiled. My face was burning with embarrasment. She just smiled at me and said "Don't worry love. Just enjoy yourself". I said "thanks, I will" and left the store.

I still had an hour before I had to meet my friends so I returned to the beach. Unfortunately there were a lot more people around at the time so I thought it best to stay in my car car.

Eventually, all good things come to an end and the time had come when I had to meet my friends. I drove to a secluded car park and changed being very careful to remove my makeup.

I had the most wonderful 90 minutes as "Julie" this morning. My confidence as a woman is gaining strength and I am now planning my next time out

Love and Hugs

Julie

X X X

Hi Julie, what a wonderful first time out you had, i'm glad it went so well
    There won't be any stopping you now, i have a feeling this will be the first of many

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Congratulations, Julie, and may your second time be even better!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Has been wanna be will be Nicola46's Avatar
    Wow, good for you. What beach did you visit by the way? Ive dressed along the beach near Bognor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola46 View Post
    Wow, good for you. What beach did you visit by the way? Ive dressed along the beach near Bognor.
    Bognor Sea Front. Near the bandstand

Julie

Platinum Card Member AlisonWood's Avatar
    YAY! Good for you girl! Next time you go out, go a little longer, do a little more....repeat! Congrats!

Has been wanna be will be Nicola46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie0110 View Post
    Bognor Sea Front. Near the bandstand

Julie
    Its nice there, it was lovely and sunny and peaceful when i went.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Well done on your first time out and for choosing appropriate clothing As you gain confidence, you'll find life gets more fulfilling.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Way to go! Remember to take baby girl steps. It gets easier and more fun every time.

Kathi

Well done Julie, I've only been out and about a couple of times myself, but I can tell you it gets better and easier every time.

You'll find your feet soon. Like Kathi said, baby steps.

Take care and have fun

Tash

Congratulations. Sounds as if the adrenaline was really pumping. I dont think I talked to anyone until my 5th time or so.
    I hope to hear more tales.

Isn't it wonderful to finally break through like you did, and wasn't the anxiety that you probably experienced way overblown. I found that as long as I went out during the day in non-threatening situations, that I had no problem. I can tell you that the urge to do it again will only grow stronger, as will your confidence. Enjoy and have fun.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    There you are now, all the worrying has been done.
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Congrats on your first time out Sounds like it was very pleasant.Im happy you had a good experience
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Going out

I'm so glad that you had a great time. It usually is when I'm not at a bar. read http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112713 I'm going out the Friday after next. That's right, down town ladies. Going it alone again unless some other Ottawa gurl cares to join me.

Anyhow enjoy, it's all good!

Jeanna

Aspiring Member

For all you first timers and those who want to be.

>>When she heard my masculine voice she looked at me and just smiled. My face was burning with embarrasment. She just smiled at me and said "Don't worry love. Just enjoy yourself". I said "thanks, I will" and left the store.

This reminds me that I fell into going out almost by accident, years ago.

I had all the stuff - wig, shoes, makeup, perfume - and decided I'd try out the idea for a future Halloween outfit. It seemed perfectly sensible to me to just get dressed and go do some things with all that stuff on. I hardly thought about how I looked; I was just focused on, "getting there and back with something done in the meantime."

So, one evening I had time, got dressed, and went to the convenience store nearby. I got some stunned looks, but I wasn't the one being stunned and just tried not to embarrass THEM.

(Seriously, it was like politely ignoring someone who'd just sneezed snot into their hand...)

The store had a small selection of milk and cream, so I went to a bigger store and made a purchase there. While I was out anyway, I thought of some other errands to run and just got so self-involved I really don't recall what else anyone might have said or done - which is pretty much like what most of us do all the time anyway, right?

I got home to my apartment parking lot, went up to my place, unpacked the groceries, and decided all that "extra" stuff was just too hot. "Next time, not so many layers!" Nobody ever said anything about that trip, one way or another, and, never had much to say about any other trips out. I guess this is what comes of making your own plans and minding your own business.

So, for all you first timers... Like many have said before, what you do on your time is your business. And, like any such time, make a plan and stick to it and if anyone says, "What do you think you're doing?" just say, "Getting the damn newspaper. Silly kid missed the porch again and got the paper all wet."

You, and what you do, are not so special after all.... Believe it.

congratulations Julie on your fist outing, glad all went well and you enjoyed it
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Most of the times our worst fears about going out don't materialize and we get more and more comfortable going out. As we get more comfortable we also give off fewer clues so that instead of being a guy in a dress we just seem like a woman who's somehow a little different. Also, when you become comfortable with yourself being out dressed, people seem to just treat you as you are presenting which is all that I really want.

Cool!

What would be even better would be to stay dressed in front of your friends.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.