Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GG Envy

Angry GG Envy

Whenever I see newspaper columns or articles like this from the Saturday, August 2, 2009 edition of the Toronto Star, it makes me feel very envious and resentful:

http://www.thestar.com/comment/colum...article/673154

Bad enough that GG's have far more fashion options than we CDers do, but do they really need to rub our noses in it continuously?

It would be nice to see a follow up article entitled "When Boys Will Be Girls" written in the same vein and extolling the joys awaiting males who prefer to be fashion forward by adopting female styles and raiding their SO's closets to achieve those looks, but somehow, I'm not holding my breath...

clothes

I have always been told I have more fashion sence as a female than a male.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Whenever I see newspaper columns or articles like this from the Saturday, August 2, 2009 edition of the Toronto Star, it makes me feel very envious and resentful:

http://www.thestar.com/comment/colum...article/673154

Bad enough that GG's have far more fashion options than we CDers do, but do they really need to rub our noses in it continuously?

It would be nice to see a follow up article entitled "When Boys Will Be Girls" written in the same vein and extolling the joys awaiting males who prefer to be fashion forward by adopting female styles and raiding their SO's closets to achieve those looks, but somehow, I'm not holding my breath...
    Why resent them? You wear their clothes.. they wear yours. They might just happen to look better in them. How can a crossdresser... resent someone who crossdresses? (although they probably don't actually crossdress in order to look like men) And you have the same options.. Raid the SO's closet..wear her clothes. Get out there and strut your stuff.!
    Kelly
    Last edited by kellycan27; 08-02-2009 at 01:29 AM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

It's just another marketing angle. At the same time, I'm sure there are articles touting the ultra-feminine look elsewhere. Women traditionally spend far more money on clothing than men do, so of course the fashion industry will pander to women while attempting to create a buzz. They want to appeal to all tastes while at the same time creating this season's several 'exclusive looks' for those women who have the resources to keep up with the runway styles. Have you noticed that each season there are different colors, different skirt lengths, entirely different styles, some of which take off and some that don't?

It is not the women who are rubbing it in your face, it is the fashion industry. For myself, having limited means, I feel frustrated that styles change season to season as much as they do.
    Reine

Envious that women buy men's clothes, not at all. They can have the whole lot!

Frustrated that "Women in men's clothing is sexy according to British Vogue" is not true in reverse. Yes but that does not stop me, I don't need other's validation to enjoy my own clothing selection. I no longer care what society thinks about CDing, it has no impact on how I feel about myself.

What frustrates me is that women wearing mens' clothes is socially acceptable, and the other way 'round is not. It really makes me mad sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidia_tv View Post
    What frustrates me is that women wearing mens' clothes is socially acceptable, and the other way 'round is not. It really makes me mad sometimes.
    I don't mean to be flippant, but the solution is to do what women did in the 60s and 70s. They just went out and wore pants and the fashion industry responded with dollar signs in its eyes. When such a large volume of females also wants to wear pants, there is very little society can do other than accept it. But, women wore pants because they were tailored for their bodies and they looked attractive. Excepting transmen, they do not want to buy their pants in men's stores nor do they want to express themselves as men.

I gather from threads I've read here that if skirts and dresses were designed specifically for men the majority of CDers would not want to wear them, especially if the majority of GMs did, since it wouldn't satisfy their desire to express femininity. There is no comparison between women wearing pants designed for women to men wearing dresses designed for women.

I bet if you asked the guys in the transmen section, they would tell you they've also suffered societal bias over presenting as men.

I agree it is frustrating, but the issue is not about men wanting to wear dresses. It is about men wanting to express femininity. And TGs will have to come out in droves for society to be able to begin accepting it. And still it will take time, if you compare the issue to general acceptance of homosexuality; it is much better now than it was in the 60s, but still there are large segments of our population that are staunchly homophobic.
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-02-2009 at 05:11 AM.
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    What bothers me is the lack of acceptance / fashion equality. Funny, I have yet to see the girlfriend line for men. This article and other media is saying to women, go ahead and dress like a man. Say, when was the last time a woman lost her job for wearing pants? I've seen plenty of GG's wearing obviously mens cargo shorts, and I've never seen anyone snicker, stare or sneer.

The truth: Women can be a flaming cross-dresser and no one will think a thing about it.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

I bet if you asked the guys in the transmen section, they would tell you they've also suffered societal bias over presenting as men.

I agree it is frustrating, but the issue is not about men wanting to wear dresses. It is about men wanting to express femininity. And TGs will have to come out in droves for society to be able to begin accepting it. And still it will take time, if you compare the issue to general acceptance of homosexuality; it is much better now than it was in the 60s, but still there are large segments of our population that are staunchly homophobic.
    Couldn't agree more with those sentiments Reine.
    Bev

I don't mean to be flippant, but the solution is to do what women did in the 60s and 70s. They just went out and wore pants and the fashion industry responded with dollar signs in its eyes. When such a large volume of females also wants to wear pants, there is very little society can do other than accept it. .
    simple problem solved everybody get out there put on your best and live your life. so there you go.

next problem please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wear 'boyfriend' jeans and have a couple of 'boyfriend' t-shirts... I don't have any problem at all with them... Kinda nice and comfy to be honest.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Please Read, Couldn't Have Said it Better!

I don't mean to be flippant, but the solution is to do what women did in the 60s and 70s. They just went out and wore pants and the fashion industry responded with dollar signs in its eyes. When such a large volume of females also wants to wear pants, there is very little society can do other than accept it. But, women wore pants because they were tailored for their bodies and they looked attractive. Excepting transmen, they do not want to buy their pants in men's stores nor do they want to express themselves as men.

I gather from threads I've read here that if skirts and dresses were designed specifically for men the majority of CDers would not want to wear them, especially if the majority of GMs did, since it wouldn't satisfy their desire to express femininity. There is no comparison between women wearing pants designed for women to men wearing dresses designed for women.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Like the issue expressed above. The newspaper has a different topic. Many of us would like to pass as a properly dressed woman, in classy dresses and skirts. My challenge is not with some trend seeking fashion writer or profit motive clothing supplier. The clothes are a large part, but the deportment, appearance and grace are the goal. Where is June Clever when I need her.
    Is the First Lady look, really our goal?

it is much better now than it was in the 60s, but still there are large segments of our population that are staunchly homophobic.
    It is better, I agree. If someone wants to express their feminine side they don't necessarily need to be gay. I am bisexual, and you just hit the hot spot. Most people - if not all - when seen in feminine clothes would immediately be labelled as gay. Gay in some parts of the world is still seroiusly frowned upon. In some it is barely just tolerated, and in some societies ppl accept it or are indifferent at worst. I happen to live in a society which is still way away from fully accepting it.
    The problem with labeling ppl is that it is easy to put a label on someone, true or not, and damn hard to get rid of it.

We can sit here and complain all day long that we are not accepted. But acceptance is earned, not given.

If you want to be accepted as men wearing dress, just go out wearing a dress. At the same time, do demonstrate that you are a respectful and competent man except that you are in a dress. This is what the women did to earn the acceptance on wearing pants. They just go out buy it and wear it.

So just do it. It does not help just whining.

Yep. Who pays the hospital bills afterwards?

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar

Men's clothes when in girl mode

One of my FAV outfits is an oversized man's shirt over jeans, capris or leggings. Or alone for wearing around the house.

Look for something about 3 sizes larger than your guy size. You should get a similar look to what your SO has when she wears your shirt.

If you and your SO happen to be the same size, you may have to fight her to get to wear the oversized shirt.

I wear an 18.5x35 men's shirt so I get at least a 21/22x37/38 men's shirt for the oversized look. These are very inexpensive at many off-price stores.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

If someone wants to express their feminine side they don't necessarily need to be gay ...
    The problem with labeling ppl is that it is easy to put a label on someone, true or not, and damn hard to get rid of it.
    Please do not misunderstand. I used the growing acceptance of homosexuality from the 60's until now as an analogy of what could be the future path for acceptance of being TG, if TGs begin to be as open about themselves as gays have been about their homosexuality. At the same time, I do recognize that being open comes at a price, as it did for the gay community, so everyone needs to make the decision for themselves.

I am certainly not suggesting that expressing a feminine side means that a TG is homosexual. We all know that gender expression is quite distinct from sexual preference.
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-02-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    Reine

Wrong. Maybe the average guy, sure, but CD'ers have some pretty outrageous imaginations and will go great leghnths to put together some outfits. it's the reguular guys that should be jealous. CD'ers = the sky is the limit...thus this forum.

Let's back up for a moment.

While it has been customary for women to wear pants for the last 50 years, We men can now have pierced ears & grow long hair. OK, that's just one step. The media pays so much attention to Bono (long hair these days) and Jon Gosselin (...I don't watch the program, thankfully, which is why my sanity is still intact) .

Originally Posted by Lidia_tv
    If someone wants to express their feminine side they don't necessarily need to be gay ...

Please do not misunderstand. I used the growing acceptance of homosexuality from the 60's until now as an analogy of what could be the future path for acceptance of being TG, if TGs begin to be as open about themselves as gays have been about their homosexuality. At the same time, I do recognize that being open comes at a price, as it did for the gay community, so everyone needs to make the decision for themselves.
    I'm going to admit, that from what I've seen from gay culture these days, it seems to fit less the sterotype of Some Like It Hot, and while there are drag queens abound, gay men don' t seem at all interested in the guy who takes fancy at women's underthings....must be those "bear" types controlling the scene, I don't know. Be gay if you are...I'm not. Thus the quandary I'm in.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 08-02-2009 at 05:05 PM.

[SIZE=4]I totaly agree with you it just isn't fair[/SIZE]
    Mistybtm

Or better yet, I'll come right over to your section for even more convenience. Ask away, ladies.

And have I mentioned how much I love ya, Reine?

Quote Originally Posted by noname
    The truth: Women can be a flaming cross-dresser and no one will think a thing about it.
    Uh...no. They will.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidia_tv
    Depends to what degree of "wearing" we're talking about here; and where in the world we're talking.

Be careful not to generalize stuff like this.
    Last edited by Ze; 08-02-2009 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Well that's absolute rubbish, but even if it was true, who's fault is that? Y'all come on this board complaining and whinging like a bunch of 5 year old brats, instead of going out and wearing what the hell you like... oh.. woe is me, I can't wear a dress.. oh woe is me, women can wear trousers... boo fricking hoo, get the hell over it and do something about it, or stop whinging!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Well hi, Mom! Shoulda known you'd be here soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    Well hi, Mom! Shoulda known you'd be here soon enough...
    Hi Son did ya miss me lol... I bet you get sick of reading how gg's can wear what they like, or crossdress as men and get away with it... because I'm pretty sure ftm's have a tough time too...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I was hoping this thread was about how women envy us CDs, not the other way around.

The best 'revenge' if you need it, is to simply look better in thier clothes than they do! They can have the pants, give me skirts & dresses!

All the Best,
    SS / Ann

ps - there was a time when men wore the stockings....