Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Seasons And Dressing

The Seasons And Dressing

Hello again Ladies. I know that I have been off line for awhile, busy life and summer time. This brings up a question that I have. Since I live in Maine we have the four seasons, or so we would like to think. Us Mainers like to say Fall and Winter are the only seasons that we have. Maybe a week of Summer and of course the good old MUD SEASON. I know that some of you live in areas that don't have much of a seasonal change.

My question is how much does the seasonal changes effect your desire to dress. I've notice that my need to go ala-fem changes with the seasons. Fall and winter are the hight of my desire with summer being the lowest. I guess this can be equated to warmer weather, less clothes to hide bare chest and legs.

Since I told my wife the need to dress has decreased also. She was at first understanding but likes to throw those little jabs in if we have a disagreement. (I'll just go and leave you all my clothes.)

That's another story.

Have fun and be safe.

Jessica
    Last edited by Jessicainme; 08-02-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Hi Jessica, For me the desire is ALWAYS there. But in the summer, between being busy with things( yard work, etc.) and the fact that it's just too hot for bras and forms and wigs, my desire does decrease some. I find when we get a stretch of 90F +
    weather and it's too hot to do anything outdoors, I turn the AC up a bit and Beth has some fun indoors.

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    It doesn't affect me. I just dress to suit the weather.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    Before I gave myself permission to be open about crossdressing, the "season" for shaved legs and chest ran from Halloween to Mardi Gras.

Once I outed myself, everything reversed.

It was a LOT easier to use fall and winter for high necklines, long sleeves, long skirts, dark hose and heavier makeup.

Spring and summer became the seasons for smooth (bare) legs, chest and arms. Stockings, pantihose, heavy makeup are SO difficult to wear in hot weather. And summer sandals just BEG for a nice pedicure to go with them.

As to explaining bare legs when wearing shorts in drab, there are plenty of excuses. Or you can simply out yourself, let your friends know another side of you, maybe meet a "sister".

As to your wife's threat, to leave you but let you keep her clothes: it presents a great opportunity to accompany her when she's clothes shopping.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Silver Member
    Well I've left Bangor Maine about 6 weeks ago and now live in the DC area--I've found that in Maine at least, I don't generally wear My leathers in the summer-lighter silks and cottons-but certainly fall and spring are cool enough up there to do that--here in DC I've not so sure---leathers stay in the closet until October I think and get put away at the end of March--but We'll see
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Aspiring Member

Seasonal Dressing

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicainme View Post
    My question is how much does the seasonal changes effect your desire to dress. I've notice that me need to go ala-fem changes with the seasons. Fall and winter are the hight of my desire with summer being the lowest. I guess this can be equated to warmer weather, less clothes to hide bare chest and legs.

Jessica
    Ohio also has 4 distinct seasons, and I find my desire to dress peaks in the fall and winter months (aprox October till April) I still enjoy being Danielle during the other months, but it's mostly indoors or underdressing.

Aspiring Member
    The seasons don't affect my desires for dressing. Wintertime I get to do morer since the coats cover what I wear. Here in Minnesota we have two seasons- Winter and Road Construction/Repair. DyLen

For me the desire is ALWAYS there, but in the summer, between family, friends, work, & just being being busy with things my desire does decrease some. When i find i do need to dress up and it's just too hot for bras and forms and wigs, I turn the AC up a bit and have some fun indoors.

My desire is all the time. I love summer even if it's hot. Go to the beach layout in the sun in a bikini get tan lines They have coverups to wear to the beach. Short skirts or short shorts tank tops. As for wigs they have some that are short and made to wear when it's hot. Plus it helps if you are bald to being with.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I am the opposite of most. I most enjoy it when it is summer, spring and fall. The winter clothing is not that different from my guy style. And there is the hassle and expense of having the right jacket for the weather. Hardly any costs with shorts or skirt and light top and sandals.

I use the foam forms and my own hair, so I don't have to worry much about wilting until 95 deg.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicainme
    Since I live in Maine we have the four seasons, or so we would like to think. Us Mainers like to say Fall and Winter are the only seasons that we have. Maybe a week of Summer and of course the good old MUD SEASON. I know that some of you live in areas that don't have much of a seasonal change.
    [SIZE="2"]Hi Jessica! I used to live to live in Massachusetts, and I miss my trips to Maine in the summer. I used to drive to Castine via Augusta, a beautiful ride, especially in the autumn…

Out here in Kansas we get a mild spring (sprinkled with tornados), a very hot summer (more tornados), one week of fall (no kidding!), and a not-too-bad winter. Right now, in August, it’s difficult to dress up as I’d like to – wigs are especially hot, but any discomfort is balanced by the pleasure I get. I have to wait longer for the kind of autumn weather I’m used to – late November into December is just right, perfect for wearing my favorite wool skirts, cropped jackets, sweaters and cute little hats. [/SIZE]

I do not dress in the Summer at all. But once September hits, it is about time to get dressed again.

I prefer dressing in the cooler months. I love long skirts, wool & cord,with hose & boots & like the layered look with knitwear & jackets. Plus my arms are covered, which I don't shave, so look more feminine.
    I do dress in Summer when it's not too hot, but we very hot periods, last Summer 6 consecutive days over 40C & anything is too much effort. I wouldn't say my desire to dress varies during the year but it's easier & more practical in cooler weather.

Seasonal dressing

The desire for me to dress is always there. Now that I am shaving my legs and arms year round now I just try to dress accordingly. Living in the south it is in the 90s + from may til sept. It just means doing more indoor things, especailly since I just love to wear hose and skirts. I hate wearing pants.

Hugs Phyliss

Aspiring Member
    Hi Jessica
    It's funny you would post this because I was just thinking that in another month or two it would be time to add some things to my wardrobe.

I live in Pa. and I do tend to dress more in the cooler weather. After years of hating the winter time, I can look forward to it a little bit more as Shari will come and visit me more often.

Fall

Its Fall for me, after Labor Day is when I really start feeling the need to Dress,besides White is not my color.

I find layered clothes hide some of my man frame(yuck) so its too hot to do that in the summer and just hate to sweat in my fem stuff,,like the silky feeling of the clothes swishing my body but if they are damp with sweat they just dont swish,, fall is my favorite time and lets not forget the very cold days and snow when sane people stay in and gives me access to go for a walk not meeting up with anybody,, but summer is the best to go look around at the real cute girls and see what the new fashion is,, I sometimes wonder if I am attracted to her clothes more than her,,,humm...
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Things have definitely changed as I have got more comfortable in my own skin. I use to only fully dress during fall and winter. Then it was turtlenecks, heavy hose or tights, etc. As i have gotten older i have become more comfortable wearing spring and summer fashions, bare arms, etc, no pantyhose with lighter skirts. Im enjoying each one of the seasons!

my answer is a bit mixed and muddled but here goes.

the season seemingly has no affect on my dressing desires, although with winter looming only a few months away, i cant be to urged with the thought of undressing in the cold to get into cold female clothes for brief periods. on the other hand, in summer, while my whole family are at work i have plenty of time to do it and that seems to be the peak of my time.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

All the seasons

[SIZE="3"]I love all the seasons. Summer is great because I can reveal all my fashions and show my legs.

I'm actually an autumn person. I love wearing sweaters and skirts.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I like to dress year round but summer has always been a problem for me. My shoulders are very broad and I don't like how I look in sleeveless sundresses. I'm kind of divided concerning the bare leg look. If I had a decent pair of dress sandals I wouldn't mind going bare but I hate wearing closed toe pumps without hose. My feet feel yucky after a few hours. And yet dressing in pantyhose in summer is hot and uncomfortable. I sometimes feel my dressing is caught between a rock and a hard place in summer.
    -Audrey

Before I came out to everyone, I use to dress only in the late fall, all winter, and spring only. since I came out to everyone I now dress year round, and I soooo enjoy wearing dresses during the hot summer now.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    I am a 365 (or 366) days girl. Don't have seasons preferences.
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

I prefer the spring and fall, is easier for me to cover up bits that need to be covered. Also love to walk in the rain with an umbrella for those days I am not feeling as girlie or when I have a doubting (OMG that guy is dressed as a girl) moment. But I also notice that I have a "cycle" for dressing as well. At a certain time of the month I get this indescribable feeling that I have to dress. Other times throughout the month I have no desire at all, even if my wife is out for the day and it would just be me and Daniella all by ourselves.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicainme View Post
    How much does the seasonal changes effect your desire to dress.
    It has no effect whatsoever. My desire to dress is my desire to dress. I live in the Sacramento valley where it regularly hits over 100 degrees in July and August and summer weather lasts like 5 months long, but my desire to dress remains the same. My actual time dressing doesn't change either. I know it's very hot in a wig, forms and hip and bottom padding in the height of summer, but you just get on with it and enjoy it as best you can, and besides, on really hot days, I just stay in air conditioned venues ..... another reason to to go shopping at the mall
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!