Thread: About to take a chance

Banned Read only

About to take a chance

I'm going to an event with transgender-friendly people crossdressed on Saturday, but it's not formal so I need tennis shoes and/or flats desperately. Since I need to get this, I'm about to take a risk and go to the thrift store dressed like this and see if I can pass. No help with makeup or anything.

Go for it.You may seem intimidated at first but that will pass over time.
    Kimmy 55

Walk Proudly & Hold your head high!

Hope it goes well, All the Best

SS / Ann

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hang on, girl, lemme grab my purse, I'll go with you.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Silver Member
    Go for it Veronica! I have been doing this for a long time and it really is no big deal. I'm sure you will be treated kindly.

Banned Read only
    No one said anything, but I hate having to try to speak to the cashier because I'm not confident that my voice comes out right.

Brill well done. Its only about confidence and that includes your voice. As long as you don't shout it will be good enough. Remember that you own the shop for the time you are in it. Good on you Veronica and have a great day on Saturday. You deserve it!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Banned Read only
    thanks!

Hello Veronica!
    What you will find as your heart is racing and you are checking everyone out to see if they are staring at you is.....nobody cares or is watching. I go to the Goodwill and nobody ever cares or gives me a second look. I'm sure that you will have a similar experience.
    Charlie

Banned Read only
    It seemed I did. Just focus on the clothes and you're fine for the time being.

Good job Veronica, way to go!

Aspiring Member
    good for you Veronica

it must have been fab

Congratulations Veronica, doing something like that just makes me all the more willing to go shopping.
    Sarah

Banned Read only
    well, it was in a way, but I also learned the hard way that size 9 in women's shoes is way different than in men's. I knew that the boots where a bit tighter to get on, but they still fit well, and I figured that was for the heels. Bought some sandals, really had to squeeze in there to get it on, didn't think I could at first. Some flats were also hard to get on (but fairly comfortable once I got my feet in) and the same goes with the pair of sneakers I bought.

Banned Read only
    (EDIT: The post I was replying to seems to have been deleted)

The question is whether any of these shoes will actually go with the other piece that fits really, really nicely and I think it would be perfect to wear..... if it can pass with any of the shoes. I plan on wearing white shorts with the shirt.

choosing shoes.JPG

I'm not sure if the shoes on the left might be above my age range or not, but they looked pretty goth (which is how I dress when I usually go out) and I needed something like that so I went for them (only $4.95).