Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: posture and positions

Question posture and positions

i was wondering if anyone know where i can find pictures or anything like that that shows proper posture and positions of gg?

Let me help:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Let me help:
    Ha-ha and yes. We each have to find our own because we are all different
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

i understand we are all different but there has to be some that are common to all.

Banned Read only
    Some tips are sitting upright, especially when speaking, standing up straight, and things like that. I can't help you more than that.

Janet, my dance teacher told me to imagine a pencil between my shoulder blades. That was the best piece of advice I got because it thrusts the breasts out and means you walk with your hips and not your shoulders. But you have to practice and see what's right for you.

I have just noticed (I practice all the time) that I can stand up even straighter still and that seems to give me more of a presence. It may just be in my mind but what is in my mind is what I portray; and that matters.

Another little tip. When getting up from a chair, put your legs together (hopefully they are already), move them to the side, swivel your feet slightly and rise using your legs and your hips - no shoulders. Its very elegant.

Have fun
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

Minus the triple six.. :)
    I find that shoulders back, chest out give a decently feminine posture for many.

Also, walking with a slightly shorter stride, one foot in front of the other, as if walking an imaginary line. If you can master that, a decent gait can be achieved.

Put a full length mirror at the end of a hallway, or large open area, and practice walking, and gestures and all. Another good idea is to film yourself, and then you can see from other angles thing that a mirror cannot.

Practice in a mirror, mostly undressed.

Really, proper posture transcends gender. No matter who you are you wil benefit from it.

I instantly drop 2 pants sizes by standing up straight and keeping my hips in a decent posture.

And my back hurts much less if I do the 'imagine the pencil between your shoulder blades, and then sliding down into your back pocket" trick.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda666 View Post
    I find that shoulders back, chest out give a decently feminine posture for many.

Also, walking with a slightly shorter stride, one foot in front of the other, as if walking an imaginary line. If you can master that, a decent gait can be achieved.

Put a full length mirror at the end of a hallway, or large open area, and practice walking, and gestures and all. Another good idea is to film yourself, and then you can see from other angles thing that a mirror cannot.
    Yes. The other thing you can do is ever so slightly cross your legs as you walk. Watch a model on the catwalk - that is exagerated, but just slightly doing it will open up your hips and give you a wiggle.

Head high (massively important) and freely swing your arm - one will likely be holding your handbag.

Amanda is right, its practice, practice, practice. A couple of weeks ago I was described as elegant and I loved the comment. But its taken me over a year to get there.
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    I'm always interested in new positions though I'm not as flexible as I used to be. Sigh. Sorry, couldn't resist, it's just how I am.

However, on a more serious note, somewhere I have bookmarked an interesting site that illustrates the differences between a male and female walk. It's a stick figure but informative nonetheless. You can dial it from ultra-macho to ultra-feminine as well as vary the speed from a slow, casual saunter to almost a run. I am still trying to locate it.

Some of the main things I remember, aside from the typically feminine hip sway, is that men hold their elbows out, away from the body and tend to take up a lot of room when they walk. Women hold their elbows in closer to their bodies and tend to rotate their hands outward and present more of the palm of the hand, men show the backs of their hands. Men also keep their shoulders squared, women tend to move theirs as they swing their arms which is not so pronounced, the arm swing that is, as men's. Women generally, like we didn't know this, tend to be more graceful and fluid in their walk and other gestures. Hmm, what else? Women tend to put one foot in front of the other, something you can see in an exaggerated manner in models on the catwalk who will even cross one foot in front of the other as they walk. I tried it and tripped myself...it was graceful, though.

Anyway, I am still searching for that link. I lost a lot of bookmarked favorites when I had some computer issues a few months ago. Stay tuned. It'll be interesting to see if anyone comes up with more info or links.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

How about the

Kamasutra? OOPS, did I say that out loud?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Aspiring Member
    Here's what I do. I go up to Broadway and sit on a bench. By the time my Venti is consumed I have observed several hundred "experts" show me the way.

thanks for all the help. i appreciate it.

I've always like the idea that you imagine a golden thread attached to the top of your head pulling you straight up towards the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Let me help:
    Ugh that image made me cringe

Silver Member
    Oh no - 3 posts and I am stuck already. Being new, I do not know what "gg" means. Great or gigantic something? Double gorgeous? And positions? Posture?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    How about this - it's Denae Doyle's site. She was the femininity coach to Felicity Huffman in the movie Trans America. http://www.femimage.com/video_fm1-dvd.htm
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Oh no - 3 posts and I am stuck already. Being new, I do not know what "gg" means. Great or gigantic something? Double gorgeous? And positions? Posture?
    genetic girl
    warmly, Linnea

Silver Member
    Ohhhhhhhhhh. Thanks Linnea.

once wearing a wedding dress for my wife so she could work on it for halloween she made me all up,,, then told me but out and chest out,,thats the way girls hold their body,,, who would of known,,,
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Quote Originally Posted by janet28 View Post
    i was wondering if anyone know where i can find pictures or anything like that that shows proper posture and positions of gg?
    Hi Janet,
    Found a decent one for basic pics on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MbNWQlYzxU
    of course Marla's pic was quite educational
    there's also some on feminine walking too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZlYCIzxZro

Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    Hi Janet,
    Found a decent one for basic pics on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MbNWQlYzxU
    of course Marla's pic was quite educational
    there's also some on feminine walking too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZlYCIzxZro
    thanks for the links.

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    genetic girl
    funny I used to think it was GG as in slang term for horse like "nag", as in my woman keeps nagging me.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar

Found It!

Yay, I effin found it...took forever. Here's the addy http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html.

I find the happy, nervous, light female to be particularly entertaining. Oh, and click on "lines" just below the "on/off", it connects the dots. Have fun. FWIW, it does show how differently men and women move, as if we didn't know that already. Myself, I tend to walk more femme without thinking about it, if I want to look all butch I have to make myself do it.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Honestly, the best way is to observe the real thing honey. Go to the mall, sit down somewhere and people watch. Find a location where you can see folks doing a wide variety of things. If you have a walking mall in your town it can be a great place for this because of the folks sitting as well as shopping and out door restaurants. You'll find there is a huge variety in how women move, sit, stand etc.

Try not to stare too much or you may creep someone out.

Good luck !!

Charlene
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.