Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: posture and positions

Banned Read only
    lol took me ages to figure out what GG was, i refused to ask would have been much more painless if i had lol

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Just to chime in one more time, I do agree with Deedee and Charlene, just get out somewhere and people watch, malls, airports, parks, wherever. Watching girls is fun anyway, you'll see lots of things to emulate and model your own behavior and style on as well as lots of things to avoid.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Watch the movie "Legally Blonde" and look for "The Move." It says a lot.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Has been wanna be will be Nicola46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Yay, I effin found it...took forever. Here's the addy http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html.

I find the happy, nervous, light female to be particularly entertaining. Oh, and click on "lines" just below the "on/off", it connects the dots. Have fun. FWIW, it does show how differently men and women move, as if we didn't know that already. Myself, I tend to walk more femme without thinking about it, if I want to look all butch I have to make myself do it.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Wow what a great tool to use, Ive been wanting to find something like this I like the idea you can rotate the moving image and see it from side too, Thanx Joni.

I always wear a corset when I dress, it forces me to sit straight, but it seems every time I dress up, I have good posture. I have had people coment on it. I don't know why I do it, it just kinda happens.

Quote Originally Posted by CharleneT View Post
    Try not to stare too much or you may creep someone out.
    I've found that a nice pair of sunglasses or "pretending to do something on my cell phone" works out well, not that I ever stare toooo long

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    What I learned years before many of you were born! ATTITUDE! CHIN UP, CHEST OUT, SHORTER STEPS WITH ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER, AND ARMS SLIGHTLY SWINGING! That was taught to me by a professional model over 50 years ago. I still practice it all the time. Your attitude is what makes it happen! Think of yourself modeling a pretty dress in front of several thousand people. Then think, CPCOSSAS (see above for explanation). That is the way I was taught to do it, and it does work. My late wife used to say that I walked more like a lady than she did!! We had a professional dancer friend who said the same thing. As my late wife used to say, "If you've got it, flaunt it!" And I did!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I found this site suggested on one of the boards last spring but haven't had time to fully check it out:
    http://udefineu.com/

Love, Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    How about this - it's Denae Doyle's site. She was the femininity coach to Felicity Huffman in the movie Trans America. http://www.femimage.com/video_fm1-dvd.htm
    Rachel, I own that DVD and it is pretty darn good if I may say so. Was thinking of starting a thread asking which sites help girls like us and ones that don't and just prey on us. Denae is one of the better if not the premier site.
    "Every day, I learn something new about what it means to be a woman."

Hi Janet,

You need to watch the "experts" i.e. genetic girls and practice, practice, practice. For me airports are fabulous but I travel a lot too. Malls, busy city streets etc are all good places to observe feminine deportment (the good, the bad and the ugly).

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    I'm always interested in new positions though I'm not as flexible as I used to be....
    Joni, from the looks of your avatar, you're doing just fine with that flexibility thing

xxx

Banned Read only
    It will come to you in time , Get a full lenght mirror and pratice. All i have to do now is put on a pair of pumps , i feel sexy everything else comes natural .

Good luck
    Love Kathy Ann ox ox ox