Thread: Chicken Out

Chicken Out

So i had a great opportunity to go shopping today but i didn't do it. Why you ask? I was not nervous about shopping or what people might think.

I knew I did not want to feel the shame I feel after I get all dressed up. I can't even look in the mirror. I just had to tell someone thanks for listening.

Banned Read only
    I went shopping by myself all dolled up just yesterday, no one noticed it seems, there's no need to chicken out. If you want some extra help though, post some full pics so you can get tips to look more feminine.

I highly recommend looking in the mirror. Sometimes I sit and stare into mirrors for hours.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Aspiring Member

Shame?

If you're feeling shame, you're not doing something right.

Are you sure you read those J.C. Penny size charts carefully?

Erin,

There is nothing in crossdressing to be ashamed about. There is nothing wrong with you, you're OK.

Ther is nothing wrong with crossdressing, crossdressing is not a sin. It's what you do, or don't do with crossdressing that might be a sin.

It took me almost 50 years to figure this out. Being transgendered is not a curse. Quite the contrary, being transgendered is a gift.

Grace,
    Bobbi

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Erin, as others have said there is nothing to be ashamed of. You dress to please yourself, not other people. If you look in the mirror, and don't like what you see, then change your style of clothing to something you do like, and make sure it fits properly!

I went to very busy Mall near my house today to eat luch in the Food Court and then to do some shopping. I wore my usual panties and a push-up bra for my natural 40 B's. Over those things I wore a knee length white belted skirt and a very deep V-neck white tank top. Oh yes, and open toe sandals so my painted toes could be seen. To make it even more interesting, I go out that way with no wig and no makeup except for some pink lipstick! Sure I get looks, stares, and a few double takes! And yes, some people laugh! But, I DON'T CARE!! I dress to please myself, not the general public! My attitude, which you should adopt, is, "if you don't like the way I dress, don't look at me!"

Remember, there always a next time!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Dear Erin,

I'm sorry to hear about your feeling ashamed of yourself. Without more info from you it would be hard to tell where your feelings come from.

I do know that as someone who has been a CD for a very long time (over half of a century) I can completely agree with what Bobbi wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    There is nothing in crossdressing to be ashamed about. There is nothing wrong with you, you're OK.

Ther is nothing wrong with crossdressing, crossdressing is not a sin. It's what you do, or don't do with crossdressing that might be a sin.

It took me almost 50 years to figure this out. Being transgendered is not a curse. Quite the contrary, being transgendered is a gift.
    It took me a very long time to figure that out too. If you feel that I can be of help, or if you just need to "talk," please feel free to private message me. We're here to help one another as best we can.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Erin

Repeat:

I have right to do shopping, I have right to do shopping, I have right....

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by erin8042 View Post
    I knew I did not want to feel the shame I feel after I get all dressed up. I can't even look in the mirror. I just had to tell someone thanks for listening.
    Hun can you explain to us why you feel the shame and can't look in the mirror.?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Couldn't agree more - no shame - it's in your head, not in others!

The more I do, the more acceptance I encounter. From supportive staff at the local MAC and AT stores to the women that came to MY house to look at womens clothing, it's all good!

I guess I should mention, in fairness, that it took me awhile to get to this point but it's great if you can get there.

All the Best,
    SS / Ann

i to encountered nothing but acceptance when i went out yesterday, yes i was nervous but found the main barrier to be in my head, most people are getting on with thier everyday lives and couldn't care wot i was wearing
    Sophie May, Sophie May not

There's nothing to be ashamed about sis this is a part of you. like peeing you've got to do it or you'll explode.

the mirror thing you have not seen me in the morning have you
    tell us more sis we can help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Just do it.
    Love
    Kathy Ann ox ox ox
    Last edited by Sandra; 08-06-2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: I don't think so and I think you need to read the rules. TMI

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    Erin,

Grace,
    Bobbi
    Absolutely agree with Roberta!!!!!
    There is nothing to be ashamed. On the contrary you can feel each day more proud of what you are and deeply love your female self.

First of all you need to approve yourself and make your mirror your best friend.
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

I felt the same way in the begining. What would people say. It takes time to get over those feelings. I LOVE shopping now. All those great clothes and shoes to chose from. Wow, now I have to go out and buy something!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Erin, which is it?

R u ashamed that u CD? Or, of the RESULTS, when u look in the mirror?

I can NEVER stand the way I look in the mirror, dressed.

Unless I'm wearing one of my "special faces"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Ilove looking at my self in a full leght mirror .Always changing clothes looking at my self, i just want to be a WOMN period .

Erin,

Please don't feel bad about about who you are. There is no shame it. Be yourself and don't worry about what others may think. You'll feel much better.

Hugs,
    Michelle