Thread: For the southerners...

For the southerners...

I need a therapist. not just any therapist, but a good therapist. one who deals with gender issues. one that is in or around new orleans. free would be preferable, but that's just me dreaming. kinda like the dream to wake up one day as a woman.

but seriously... I need a therapist.

Sweetheart,
    You don't need a therapist, I lived in N.O. for 32 years and went out all the time.
    Look in N.O. CD'ing is a lifestyle and if you act like a lady and just be yourself nobody will mess with you.
    Oh yes you will get looks and remarks but no business will refuse to serve you not even Burger King

N.O. is so laid back,thats why it's called the Big Easy,been to many Mardi Gras,seems to me everything goes there,kind of like Vegas.

I really don't think you'd have any problems going out there.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Google GLBT/NO/Gender therapists and see what comes up. There are many good therapists and groups in NO. Wish I lived closer to there as I would love ti be seeing one of them myself. There are none here in BR.
    Lana

Therapists

Michelle,
    Check out Laura's Playground on the web it has a list of gender therapists both in the US and abroad that specialize in Gender Issues. Here is the website http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender_therapists.htm.
    Hope it helps
    Brenda

Lynn Friedman, PhD, LPC, NCC
    4721 Loveland Street
    Metairie, LA. 70006
    Phone : (504) 455-6569

Lynn was my therapist when I lived in New Orleans, and she's probably the most experienced in the city.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Banned Read only
    Glad someone posted a therapist. Therapists help you deal with the mental stresses, the doubts, and they'll help you feel comfortable with who you are. If you are having problems with the lifestyle, it's not a bad idea to get a therapist. What people should have stressed is that there's nothing wrong with the crossdressing, not that you don't need a therapist That's a personal decision and we can't know how you're feeling about gender issues. If you are really CD, I'm sure the therapist will help you be comfortable with that and bloom rather than "cure" you of the CDing.