Thread: Have You Ever Tried To Look More Like A Guy?

Have You Ever Tried To Look More Like A Guy?

We always talk about ways to look more feminine, and ways to increase the distance between our femme and our drab selves (example: wearing glasses in one role, but not in the other).

But here's my question for male-to-female crossdressers: have you ever done things to make your male self look more "masculine?"

For example, always wearing a false mustache to increase the difference between your appearance as a male and your appearance as a female?

Perhaps growing your hair long so that your femme self looks great, but wearing a short wig in order to pass as a guy?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hehe, nopers. I already look like a guy, so no need to try harder

Aspiring Member
    With this thread, you've made me feel good and also depressed me at the same time.

Good in that there's nothing at all I require to make me look more like a guy.
    I have always been very successful at being a man. No fake muscles or socks shoved in my trousers were ever required.

Depressed in that, no matter what I do, I can't look enough like a girl when I want to. I'll never go out or allow anybody to see me other than my wife when Shari visits. The picture of myself in my mind is not what i see when looking in the mirror. I tend to avoid the mirrors when dressed.
    I'd love to be able to dress and pass and mingle among "normal" people, just let it all hang out and enjoy being the woman that lives and hides inside.

My picture album may look pretty good, but they're the best shots out of dozens.

It still feels great and it will never go away. The best thing is that I accept the girl who dwells within.
    For the most part, I'm at peace with myself.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    Definitely not! I don't want to look more masculine.
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    This isn't something I have to worry about. In boy mode I look like a guy If anything, I try to femme my boy mode up, not go the other way. Still, I guess if you have a naturally feminine face and a non masculine voice I can see how in certain social situations you might want to "man-up" a little bit.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Definitely not now. I'm trying to lose muscle definition in my arms so they look more fem

But years ago I really, really wanted a beard, and I really can't grow facial hair. So I started shaving it 3 times a day hoping it would start some kind of growth, and SURPRISE, it didn't work, haha.
    My flickr.com username: Rebecca Morris! Come say hello

I already look too mannish anyway, with my man hands/head/feet!

Sigh, I can't get far enough away from looking like a guy. Everything I do for myself is to look more female or androgynous.

I can't even remember the last time I bought any "Guy" clothes
    "Every day, I learn something new about what it means to be a woman."

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

YES! Only one thing I need to do, Persephone!

Take off my mask!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Once I wipe off all the pookie, and remove my hair, you would see that much of my real hair has already removed itself! I already look like a guy. The real trick is getting me to look like a girl! Now that takes some work!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Why would you want to do this?
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Lord have mercy, girl, why in the world would I want to do that? Though I suppose I could tuck like I always do and then put two plums and a gherkin in my panties.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Lord have mercy, girl, why in the world would I want to do that? Though I suppose I could tuck like I always do and then put two plums and a gherkin in my panties.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    LOL!

Dressed in drab I look just like a man , weird eh. The only thing that does not look mannish is my hands. I have 24/7 long painted acrylic nails. But it takes no effort to be male. Although I have found myself almost telling people to knock off the bad language, When I go out dressed people really dont cuss around me and I am getting sensitive to it I guess. The (being girl) Is hard enough so why worrie about looking like the was you grew up as because you more used to it eh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Gold Member
    Well umm, yeah this is probably the most akward thing anyone has asked.

OK granted when we need to man up, sure just throw on the drab clothes. Sadly enough, most of us don't look real feminine unless we go thru a lot of effort.

Putting on a male wig or a fake mustache, heck with that
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Former Member
    Nope. I have the guy thing down. It's the girl thing that needs work!

Nope, quite the opposite, I try to look more feminine, but to my dismay, I have a hard time pulling it off.

Through various efforts, I've changed my look dramatically over the years to the point where it really freaks my wife out when we're walking together in mall stores and around outside street vendors and people say to us, "Ladies, how may I help you today?" and I'm doing my best to look like a guy!

The way to keep peace with my wife is to make sure I speak first in a low voice to whoever is about to talk to us to cement the point home that I'm a guy with my wife and not a girl with her girlfriend. Of course, when I'm with a guy, being a girl is fine.
    Kalina Isato, Tranny Hostess SuperCutie

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Not my look. I only look as a guy, even when dressed

But I have done that with my mannerisms. Sometimes, specially in professional situations, I try to be more bold when I talk. I don't have a feminine voice, but I'm delicate and not self imposing. Sometimes I change that when I need to be the boss or when negotiating with clients.

Sad thing: it works...

Yes I like to look more masculine of what already I am..because then I enjoy more dressing as a girl

Banned Read only
    I did have a goatee for a good while, I loved it in a way and hated to part with it. It wasn't to look more masculine, but more something I grew out to look older after I tried to buy cigarettes at 19 and being told by the cashier I didn't look 13. When I did shave it, my only solace was that I looked and felt better en femme. Been shaving it recently, especially since I'm coming out of the CD closet, slowly but surely.

The closest I come to trying to "man-up" is when I sometimes grow my leg hair back in time for summer. However, I went a bit nuts with the epilator this year and most of it hasn't grown back!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KateW View Post
    The closest I come to trying to "man-up" is when I sometimes grow my leg hair back in time for summer. However, I went a bit nuts with the epilator this year and most of it hasn't grown back!
    There's no need to grow back like that. I shaved my very, very hairy legs and arms and so far not a single person has even noticed. My mother notices the bandaid on my leg from cutting myself shaving (that one fairly bad ) and only asks how I cut myself, not realizing I had shaved my legs.

I know I don't need help to look manly. i have 5o'clock shadow at 11am...