Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many have approving wives or SO?

How many have approving wives or SO?

How many of your wives, So or Gf are approving and willing to participate in your dressing or do most just tolerate it or prefer not to be involved or see it in any way.

After many years of married life I am still trying to figure out how much she really likes it.

Hi ya Ras,

My long-term girlfriend, Michelle has supported my femme side since we moved in together nearly 12 years ago. I can openly wear any girly clothing around her and she doesn't care...bless her!

I'm very lucky to have her and it's sometimes easy to take it for granted. I try not to though.

Sara xxxx

I'm in a relationship where my wife does not fully approve it, but she does admire some aspects of it, especially how determined I am to be the best at what I do and how I'm helping many new girls be the best that they can be.
    Kalina Isato, Tranny Hostess SuperCutie

Aspiring Member

All of them, all along...

Since I brought it up to my first wife, 30 years ago, all my SOs have been supportive.

As to how they feel about it, that varies from person to person and from year to year. Me, I have learned a lot along the way.

Overall, I think my "success" at CDing and having full time SOs all along has to do with the fact that they like me more than anything I do. We all have our quirks - like "huntin' and fishin'" - and they aren't expecting any of us (men types) to be perfect.

Women seem to adapt as well as anyone - but faster and better when you offer good value as a partner in life.

My wife (currently) tolerates it. She buys me things. We've been out together. But she wishes it weren't so. Married 34 yrs this month and she's known for nearly that long.
    DonnaT

My wife tolerates it and buys me things, but does not want to get involved any further. I have no problem with this, you have to respect the feelings of others.

My wife found out before we got married, she is totally cool with it now. I don't go out dressed with out her.

I told my SO after 29 years of marriage. It came a quite a shock. She is generally tolerant of my dressing (out of sight out of mind). However, I wear panties 24/7, have painted toe nails and sleep in women's satin pajamas. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that she will ever really accept my dressing.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Told my wife on our first date. up and down for a while but now totally accepting, buying clothes, and helping me choose wigs that she likes on me
    Drumming, My other hobby

Dress Me Up & Take Me Out MarcieBflo's Avatar

Did Not Go That Good

My long term GF (live-in) seen some pic's of me fully dressed got a little up set big time at first, relationship lasted about another 2 years. But it did change everything . . . . . .

My wife enjoys haveing Tresa around, for the most part. She has helped me learn how to do make-up, and paint nails. Tresa likes to cook and clean, my male ego doesn't.
    We often have a girl's night. I am fortunate to have such an understanding and accepting wife. when she needs her man she tels me and if she hasn't seen TJ around for awhile she asks about her or tell's me that she needs for Tresa to paint her nails.
    so I have a very good life' a close to perfect marriage, and the best wife a man/girl could ever ask for.

I'm a supportive girlfriend. I don't feel I just tolerate it. We have fun together. I like shopping together, talking about clothes and shoes, dressing up together to watch "chick flicks". And I let me SO know when I feel the need to be the prettier one. Patience pays, and so does reminding your wife that she is pretty and you are thinking about her. We GGs can have easily bruised egos, we need a lot of stroking.

My wife is accepting most of the time. She does get a little jealous when I put a party dress on and go to my group outings. We shop together and have "girls" weekends and outings together, sometimes with my grown daughter. She helps reign me in sometimes and gives me advice on colors and matching clothing choices. She's known as long as I have and I think that made a tremendous difference!!
    Sally

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    My wife has known for over 35 years. I really think deep she would prefer that I didn't crossdress, but she seems to be okay with it. She has gone out with me, when we've been on a trip and even sometimes around the area that we live. I'm able to dress anything that I want around her and she is fine. Sometimes we'll have a girl night and watch a movie or play games. Usually if I go out dressed, and go shopping, it wouldn't be will her; but together we'll go out (me drab) and she'll help me find and any fem item I'm looking for.

I try to be understanding of her feelings too, which I think is important.
    Dana Ryan

The Belle from Hell! Wrenchette's Avatar
    Approves.
    Redheaded woman in a dirty Corvette.

My wife knew before we ever went out the first time. She totally cool with what ever I want to wear most of the time. She says she married all of me and not just part. However she has to put the brakes on every know and then.

Not me.

My SO tolerates it, but that is far as it goes. She does not want to see, hear or know Melissa. It works for us.

Ok

Dear Wife is pretty much accepting. She helps me shop and buys me things now and then. Would like to go out dressed with her, but that has to wait a while.

Yes, she approves, supports, encourages and helps me. I am very blessed

My wife of ten years, has know for most of that time, and fluctuates between tolerance and acceptance. That's ok with me and I try to not push it too hard.

She's been out with me to support group activities, but doesn't want public activities together for fear of outing me, and her by association. I don't dress fully very often, maybe once every three or four months, but I'm in gal shorts around the house every day in the Summer, and she's fine with that. We don't shop together nor does she buy me things but she will give me her opinion on what goes together or works on me, if I ask.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Well, fwiw, here's my story. My wife, we have been married for about 2 or 3 hundred years now (actually it will be 26 this November) is understanding and supportive of my being TG. She understands that my gender "issues" (hate that word, actually) make me who I am. She knew about me being TG since before we were married and for years it was simply a bit of CD bedroom kinkiness, just a little tickle-and-slap. Finally, about 7 years or so ago I revealed to her how deep the feelings actually went.

We did have our problems with it and even seperated for a short while, about two weeks, over it but in some ways it made us realize how much we truly love each other and now it's just a part of our relationship and being ourselves around each other. I am very lucky, I can dress or go out or do whatever (not extra-curricular messing around, of course) as much as I want, though being 24/7 is not an option.

With all that said (omg, I can so ramble on, can't I?), if she could slip some magical pill in my morning coffee and make it all go away and give me amnesia for the whole thing, she would do it in a hearbeat. Is she in love with me being TG? Does it make her clap her hands with delight to see her man all dressed up like a girl? No. Not really. But she's a very intelligent and practical woman and realizes that being Joni is an essential and integral part of who I am, so she makes the best of it. The Goddess has blessed me, and for that I am grateful. I only wish everyone's SO's were like mine in that way.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Former Member
    I'm one of the fortunate ones. She is accepting and supportive. I am careful to not push things too far and remain the man she married.

I told my wife after our 15th wedding anniversary, she is extremely accepting so far and has let me be me huge. She is awesome!
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My wife Marla likes a feminine (male) partner and looked to date a CDer before she met me. She not only accepts but encourages it and enthusiastically participates in the fun! (see my profile album or flicker link). She's also the Activities Director of our local TG non-profit support group
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!