Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How many have approving wives or SO?

Mine semi-approves, doesn't really want to see me dressed-but has, & also has done my makeup once. But she'll go out & know that I'm dressing so I'm thankful for that!

My wife is very supportive. She and I like to go out shopping and she is always on the lookout for items for me and almost always on clearance. When I see something I like, I show it to her and she states if she likes it or not. If she sees something she likes, I comment on whether I like it or not. I sleep in nighties or cute pajamas 4-5 nights a week. She also tries to make time for me to dress up, which is tough since we have other family members that are adults living in the house and have no clue to my crossdressing. We are going on vacation soon and I plan on taking one or two outfits with me since we spend at least one day at the condo to rest. I don't think my wife will have a problem with it, but I will ask her. Yes, I would say my wife is supportive, maybe very supportive.

Penelope

My girlfriend supports me very much, and has encouraged my transitioning for a long time

nicole
    i told my girlfriend after we were dating about 4 months. she didn't know what to think. After many talks and me explaining how and why i dress, we let it go. Around the 6 month mark she asked if we could go away and that i would bring my collection of clothes. since that time we have had an even better relationship. she supports me in cd and helps with getting ready to go out. we now shop for the clothes, and jewellry together. i think she likes having another wardrobe to borrow.

My luver likes me more in the male gothic crossdress. I've often been told it's hard to fully deal with me in FULL drag, to the point that I look exactly like a female. My luver will still have sex with me, but is more turned on by me being a man.

approval

Not me. My wife? no way in ......!!!!
    michille

Quote Originally Posted by StacyCD View Post
    I told my SO after 29 years of marriage. It came a quite a shock. She is generally tolerant of my dressing (out of sight out of mind). However, I wear panties 24/7, have painted toe nails and sleep in women's satin pajamas. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that she will ever really accept my dressing.
    StacyCD I well knowhow you feel. I two have told my SO after NINE years of marrage and she an out of sight out of mind attitude. I wear panties or girdles 24/7 and sleep in silky PJ bottoms, I paint my toe nails a different color every two weeks and I shave my legs all the time. My SO wishes there was't a femme side to me but she tolorates it and I too feel that it is unlikely that she will ever really accept my dressing.
    Laura Lee

It really is great to have someone to share this with. Makeup gets done good and pictures can be done much easier than trying to do it with the timer! Speaking of, I finally put some in my profile.

Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

My wife has almost always been tolerant and is sometimes supportive. She has bought be various presents, including tights, shoes, a skirt, a top, and a necklace (all on different occasions). She'll try to get the kids out of the house a few times a month so that I can dress in private. She is cool with me attending a local TG group roughly once a month. However, she prefers that I do not dress around her, and has only seen me dressed a handful of times. Although, I sometime wish she was as supportive as the SOs of some of the girls on here, we have such a great relationship -- not to sound cliched, but we are lovers and best friends -- that I couldn't imagine being with anyone but her. Given that I didn't tell her until our second year of marriage, I think I am lucky to have the support I have.

Mines tolerant.

hello all

My wife found out about 5 years ago, since then she tolerates it but do not wants to get involved, lately she bough me panties from VS as a father's day present, lately she is being more accesible to see me dressed at home when the kids are not around and also gives me ok's on the color of wigs, she prefers brown/black over blonds. One thing I want to do with her is being able to talk about Claudia but don't how to get there since she doesn't accepted very well my crossdressing.

Love you all for all the feedback.

Claudia

I told my wife about my cross-dressing a few months after we were married. We've been married almost 12 years now. She has always accepted it but wasn't always thrilled about it. She has always said that it "isn't her thing" and I've never pushed to try and make it so. Over time she has come around to it slowly. She has gone out with me dressed a few times to adult stores (usually on my birthday ). Every now and then she will surprise me with a new outfit that she saw and thought it would look good on me. And she is totally cool with me dressing up every now and then when we have sex.

The key piece of advice I can give to other cross-dressers is to not push the issue. Yes, we all want our SO to be 100% accepting and involved... but it all depends on the SO as to how long it will take to get there. If you push it, you will only make the situation worse. The best thing I have done is to keep it low profile around her and discuss it before we do anything so I know she is fine with it or would rather not on that specific day. I give her the time and space she needs to come around and over the years she has been doing just that. We've never had any friction or arguments over it and I know it is because of the space and time I've given her to come around on her own.

My ex wanted nothing to do with it... If I wanted play time when she was out, ok, but otherwise forget it!

My new SO is completely suportive in every way. She's even tasken me out to dinner and shopping dressed!

On a scale of 1 to 10, I guess her approval is 8.5 or 9.

Wife helps me.

My wife, whom I told before we got married, has helped me develop my collection of clothing. She helps buy clothing styles that are appropriate for my body. The only requirement she has is I do not go out in public dressed and I don't openning express my female side in front of the kids. I don't have a problem with either because not even a professional makeup artist will get me to pass, and I would never dress in front of the kids and have no desire to tell them.

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    not only does my g/f accept and support me, she also loves to get in on it to. helps with my makeup and in trying to help pick out clothes. i can dress when ever i want or how much i want and she totaly loves it. mind you she jokes and say's i hate you, because i have better legs and eye lashes and fingure nails.

my wife new when we were best freinds. I was full time then. then i went back into the closet except for my wife of course. I'm full time agian even at work. I love it.

it always amazes me as to the diversity on how SO's accept our dressing. While some are active and supportive and other s want nothing to do with it.

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar
    After lots of wine I told my wife before we were married. I even got out my clothes and gave a little runway show. The next day she was not so amused. She married me none the less, but hates it. Ergo I have not really dressed in years.........

I envy all of you who have a supportive SO. It would make my life SOOOO much more fun.

Thanks,

AmiFL

Aspiring Member

30 years and counting...

My wife and I just celebrated our 40th anniversery a couple of weeks ago. I suppose she's known about my dressing for 30 of them. We have (what seems to me) a complex relationship. She is very accepting of Danielle,and we have even went for a short outing a couple of times. She takes me shopping for clothes and makeup. All in all a most pleasent relationship.

But is has its downsides too.....She's never said, but sometimes I get the impression that she tires of this and longs for her (male) hubbie to return. After knowing her for 50 years of my life ( we were also child sweethearts) I can sense this very clearly and usually try to act accordingly.

This is why I sometimes post a thread along the lines of "My wife is away and I'm gonna dress".....But the truth is, when she's gone for any period of time I mostly lose my desire to dress at all!

I realize I'm rambling, but the bottom line is this.....Some women will never accept, so you'll need to make a decision about your next move. If you're lucky enough to have an accepting wife, try to abide by her feelings

Good & true woman are a gift from God and they should be cherished

Love: Danielle

We share

My wife and have shared many of our clothes for years. We often shop for each other. It was never a question of approval or acceptance. It is who we are!

Juliew

My darling wife is very supportive of my cross dressing.
    She calls me such a **** when dressed up. I get dressed up and she ties me down on a table and whips my butt...fabulous!
    CB

I fully support my partner's dressing... She fully supports my transition.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

approving wife?

Just add cding to a very long list of things my wife doesnt approve of. I cant do anyrthing right in her eyes.She woories more if I like our daughter's boyfriend than making sure i am happy. She even admits she is a b...h on wheels .I am so tired of my life ii wish i was dead
    michille

Banned Read only
    I just got married last Saturday, and my wife knew before then. She not only accepts, but insists that I dress full time, except for work. ( I'm in constrution at the time ) but I'm getting ready to go back to school and she wants me to be full time at that point. I feel so blessed

hugs
    ~Angie~