Thread: Vanity

HillaryArtemis

Vanity

I am vain and I know that. I love to watch myself in the mirror. My long silky shaved legs. I have a great body for a woman or a man. I have an attractive face for a man, but I am working on my female face. That is a hard one. I have always been proud, but when I dress I am vain. I read that CD's are attracted to themselves and get a great joy out of looking at themselves. While I could look for hours, but of course I don't have times with kids, a house and a job ... blah blah blah. I was just wondering what are your thoughts on the subject of vanity. Are you vain? Are you insecure? Do you believe that allCDs are vain or insecure? Where would you rate yourself on self confidence.

Sexy as the day is long,

JodiArtemis

My Friends Call Me Maddy Madilyn's Avatar

Smile Vanity Is In The Eye Of The Beholder...

Hey Hil,

I think it's a given that CD's are vain. If we can't admit that, then we're only foolin' ourselves. Why on God's Green Earth would a man crossdress, primp, pamper, oogle, and worry how he looks as a woman if there isn't some semblance of vanity.

Of course, I think ALL women are vain (at least the girly girls)...you'll always find those Tomboy's or Butchies who don't give a leaky nail polish bottle what they look like, but those are truly a minority. As women we want to look beautiful, we want to look at ourselves, and we want to go out and have other people look at us...what the hell fun would it be if we weren't vain? I'll be the first one to admit that I feel hot and horny when I dress and go out, although I'm not necessarily "on-the-prowl" for intimacy all the time.

There's nothing more rewarding to me than to PPP (primp, pamper, & prepare) for an evening, go out in public, and then have Mr. Unknowing Male and Ms. Clueless Female reign compliments down upon oneself. It's one of the main reasons for going to all the trouble, and it certainly makes it all worth while...

So wear your vanity proudly, you certainly deserve it for all of the hiding, stress, secret clothes stashes, and ridicule the world gives our community.

You're lookin' good girl, keep it up

Kisses,

Maddy
    [SIZE=3]If You Are Beautiful On The Inside, You'll Be Beautiful On The Outside[/SIZE]

Hey girls, check out my Yahoo Photo Album sometime...Let me know what you think???

Ladies, if you like what you see, then please help me out by voting 10 at the Hot Or Not link here...ty

Maddy, I don't think it's a given that we are all vain in some way. I don't primp or anything because i'm pretty sure I look foolish.

I like the clothes...a lot, even though I know they dont look good on. I like the feel, not the look.

It's probably a bit self-indulgent, but I don't know if that would be catagorized as vanity.

My Friends Call Me Maddy Madilyn's Avatar

Red face Hmm, okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Maddy, I don't think it's a given that we are all vain in some way. I don't primp or anything because i'm pretty sure I look foolish.

I like the clothes...a lot, even though I know they dont look good on. I like the feel, not the look.

It's probably a bit self-indulgent, but I don't know if that would be catagorized as vanity.
    Forgive me for making assumptions and lumping everyone together...everyone has their reasons for what they do and why they do it...
    [SIZE=3]If You Are Beautiful On The Inside, You'll Be Beautiful On The Outside[/SIZE]

Hey girls, check out my Yahoo Photo Album sometime...Let me know what you think???

Ladies, if you like what you see, then please help me out by voting 10 at the Hot Or Not link here...ty

HillaryArtemis

The bad girl?

Sometimes I worry on the chatroom that I'm acting like the supreme teasing bitch who can't get away from the mirror and that everybody wants to tell her, "Yeah you're hot, but shut your hole."

I guess those comments are a little vulgar, but that is what I worry about sometimes, because I know Jodi well. She is a tease and can be very bitter in a sarcastic way. Just last week she was ranting about men in front of the TV with her wife while eating chips. Really she carries with her some traits that I sociakized out of myself in my earlier life in order to be a better and nicer person. I guess you just can't truly leave anything you truly are behind you in life. But, I will always forgive and love Jodi.

Hey, what the? Stop sharing those secrets. Jodi is in charge again.

JodiArtemis

HillaryArtemis

Thanks

Oh, I forgot to that you, Maddy. I am glad that there are others who feel like me too.

Jodi Artemis

When I'm not dressing, I'm a total freaking slob. I don't like to look in the mirror at all. I think crossdressing lets me 'get vain' for a while, to balance the scale.

And how!

Wen

Quote Originally Posted by HillaryArtemis
    I am vain and I know that. I love to watch myself in the mirror. My long silky shaved legs. I have a great body for a woman or a man. I have an attractive face for a man, but I am working on my female face. That is a hard one. I have always been proud, but when I dress I am vain. I read that CD's are attracted to themselves and get a great joy out of looking at themselves. While I could look for hours, but of course I don't have times with kids, a house and a job ... blah blah blah. I was just wondering what are your thoughts on the subject of vanity. Are you vain? Are you insecure? Do you believe that allCDs are vain or insecure? Where would you rate yourself on self confidence.
    It really depends what one is looking for. I do not think that anything I do is in vain.

Every girl is built in part of self-esteem. No girl will refuse compliments or reassurance that they look good even ones that are Tomboys. No man either will be ashamed to be described as handsome. It is universal. It is human.

I find that people are generally feeling insecure, maybe CD's are a bit more feeling insecure when exploring their "other self". They often need more support than others as general social climate is not too much pro accepting them.

Overall I do not think that anything is in vain, there is some undiscovered purpose for us and there is some value for any of us in CDing. Otherwise why we would do it??? I think that thinking that someting is in vain is hard path to follow but some would do it. For their own reasons.

Self confidence? On a scale from 1 to 10 where 10 is absolutely self confident I would take myself as good 8 or 9. And it is not 10 because I believe that we are still human beings not gods and we cannot take any absolute value.

If you try to be perfect I have bad news - it is impossible. Even for genetic girls. Therefore see to follow another path. Maybe you need a good friend as I have to put you to the right direction.

Maybe we can help you here. It is unhealthy to feel vain.

HillaryArtemis

Perfection

Oh, I know nothing is perfect. That is why the Natives to this land always left a deliberate flaw in everything they designed. Only God is perfect, but I do feel really great. That's for the feed back, Girls

JodiArtemis

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    It's Hard To Be Humble

by Mac Davis

Album:

(spoken)
    Back a few months ago, I was headlinin' a great big nightclub...
    and they put me up a couple days early,
    I came in a couple days early
    and they put me up in what they call the "Star Suite",
    now here I am, headlinin' in one of the biggest nightclubs in the country and I wake up at eight o'clock in the morning
    in this "Star Suite"......all by myself.

Crowd: Awwww.

Mac: Yeah, that's what I said, "Awwwww."
    But I did what I've always done, man, to cheer myself up,I picked up my guitar, I sat down and I wrote me a little song.
    Now this is how it feels to be alone at the top of the hill,tryin' to figure out why.

(sung)
    Chorus: Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble
    When you're perfect in every way
    I can't wait to look in the mirror
    Cause I get better lookin' each day
    To know me is to love me
    I must be a hell of a man
    Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble
    But I'm doin' the best that I can!

I used to have a girlfriend
    But I guess she just couldn't compete
    With all of these love-starved women
    Who keep clamoring at my feet
    Well I could probably find me another
    But I guess they're all in awe of me
    Who cares? I never get lonesome
    Cause I treasure my own company.
    Ohhhhhh.....

(chorus)

I guess you could say I'm a loner
    A cowboy outlaw, tough and proud
    Well, I could have lotsa friends if I wanted,
    But then I wouldn't stand out from the crowd
    Some folks say that I'm "egotistical",Hell, I don't even know what that means!I guess it has something to do with the wayThat I fill out my skin-tight blue jeans

Ohhhhhh........come on, where's all the kickers in here?!
    (chorus)
    One more time, what are we doin'?
    We're doing the best that we can!
    Give yourselves a hand.
    Yeeee-haw!
    Last edited by Jennifer_Ph; 07-28-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Question Self-Confident? Who, Me?

To be honest, Hillary, I once took a test (called Briggs-Stratton or Briggs-Meyers or something like that) that supposedly measured several aspects of a person's personality, including introversion/extraversion (shy or outgoing). I scored like 25 out of 26 on the shyness chart. According to the test, that meant I preferred to be alone in a closet in a back bedroom of a secluded house at the top of a mountain on an island away from any possible human contact. I was not dressed at the time.

I think my personality fluctuates quite a bit whether I am dressed or not. Sometimes I feel quite confident and other times I am borderline agorophobic. I would not consider myself vain. I really don't like to look in mirrors whether I am dressed or not. Sometimes when I am dressed I have this vision of how I look and then I catch myself in the mirror and am usually disappointed (sometimes not though). It seems my imagination is better than my reality sometimes.

A little bit of a rambly answer but I really would have to say that vanity is not one of my vices. (Talking way too much -- now that's a whole 'nother thing. )
    Jenny, The Wild West T-Gurl

Don't Sweat The Petty Stuff; Don't Pet The Sweaty Stuff

HillaryArtemis

Shy too

Sometimes, Jenny I feel really shy too. Sometimes Jodi is scared. You know it is okay to be scared for Jodi. I don't know how much sense that makes, but I think it makes more than I want to let on at the moment.

JodiArtemis