Thread: I did it !!! I went out .. for real!

I did it !!! I went out .. for real!

I will do my best to keep this short but no promises ...

It was quite a week. Perhaps the full moon helped. It started with me going to the local Sally's beauty supply and when asked if I needed help I just told the lady I needed a foundation to match my complection. Without skipping a beat she showed me how to test them out and selected what she thought I should use. That was great and it worked very well. So well that I decided to go to the mailbox in the morning instead of late at night. Being outside felt very nice and I was less anxious in the morning.

The next day, Wednesday, I decided to scope out a few places that I thought I would like to go before visiting there dressed up. (that is very usefull advice I got from here).

Thursday after work I got ready and it was still daylight. So for a test run I made my mailbox trip in broad daylight. It was GREAT! It helps to not freak out when someone sees you. ).
    For the first time I had walked around without searching to see who might be looking at me. Now I was sure I wanted to go out on the town but decided to wait a bit just to be sure I was ready.

The place I decided to go is called Woody's in Tucson. It has a nice open air patio area and the monsoon rains made it nice and cool. Stayed there a while had two drinks. The bartender is the first stranger I have ever spoken to while dressed up. I didn't change my voice, just the tone.(you know the way we change the tone of our voices when we talk to little kids) That felt natural and after clearing that hurdle I became even more comfortable.

Then it was time for the big test ... Denny's. I had been there the night before and to make a long story short, it was full of people and the waitress and waiter were very nice. They were the same from the night before. I had a nice desert while a read a book. I'm not sure if they recognized me or not but in the end, the most awkward part of the evening was that I went out alone. Still it was the best part of my week.

Believe it or not, that's the short version.

I enjoyed myself very much and I am so gratefull to the advice and support I have recieved from all of you.
    I will certainly go out dressed up again but I will wait a few days just to be sure I have not lost my mind.

~Amanda
    Last edited by Amanda_Robinson; 08-08-2009 at 05:27 AM. Reason: typos made phrases unclear

Wink

Pink Fog ahead,ding ding ding. You won't be able to get enough so just keep on mind when your in the fog you will think of little else. so have fun just watch that fog. good luck.
    Last edited by Christina Horton; 08-08-2009 at 05:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    Pink Fog ahead,ding ding ding. You won't be able to get enough so just keep on mind when you in the fog you will thing of little else. so have fun just watch that fog. good luck.
    Yes. My original plan included the movies too but I figured I had enough fun for one night and went home ot photograph myself (out of focus apparently).
    At the moment I'm out of money so it shouldn't be hard to stick too my baby steps philosophy.

~Amanda

please forgive all the typos ... )
    Last edited by Amanda_Robinson; 08-08-2009 at 02:15 AM.

Amanda your pictures are wonderful and it sounds as if you have made the first hurdle in style. Keep going girl and have fun. Please be careful and go to the movie, there's a good one playing this weekend.

Huggs Teri

Amanda,

It was fun huh? Now that you have been out you will do it more and more and your courage will grow. If you can find a CD to go out with your courage will be greater as you have strength in numbers.

Congrats girl.
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

Gold Member
    You looked great Amanda. Thanks for sharing your first time out.

Amanda,
    Waiting to see if you have lost your mind is not productive!!!
    You should be trying different hair styles and different makeup tricks while you wait!!!!
    Also if you find your mind see if mine is nearby will you please? Going out is quite the rush!!! Especially when you have a good time!!!
    Congratulations on your first of many nights out as Amanda!!
    Huggs,
    Lisa Elizabeth

OMG you look wonderful. Like I always say, another girl gets her wings. Be careful of the pink fog. Be careful where you go, Be careful of your surroundings, be careful of everything, and you will be fine. Be beautiful, be fun, be proud, be confidant,be yourself. Most of all have fun with those new wings of yours. I love new wings stories. Best of luck.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Congratulations on your first time out and it being a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing it. Be safe, but have fun and enjoy your next time out.

Way to go,Amanda! Congratulations--I'll bet your already planning the next outing
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Great story. Would love to hear the long version sometime. Perhaps of your next time out? Thanks for sharing.

We are north of Atlanta Ga. Nice house in the woods.

Woody's

I've been to Tucson many times and have gone passed Woody's but never went in. I didn't know it was a gay bar. Next time I'm in Tucson I will have to go and check it out. You look great! Glad you had a great time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wife likes to wear my cloths

Amanda you look great Amanda, thanks for sharing your first time out.Going out can be a lot of fun, need to do it more myself

Amanda, Good for you girl. So love to hear these stories as they build courage for some of us who still have not walked that path yet. You look fabulous have fun enjoy your self but mostly be safe.

Congratulations, Amanda!

It sounds like you had such a positive experience getting out en femme.

I'm not sure if you need to wait a few days just to make sure you haven't lost your mind. You most certainly have not lost your mind - but rather taken very important steps in your life. Of course if you need to wait a few days to let it all sink in, that's understandable.

You look looked very nice in your outfit, too.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Thanks

Thank you all so much for your encouragement. I only hope that I am giving back so much of what I have recieved from you all.

So I say to those who are thinking "I want to go out but there's no way I could get away with that". My height was something I was very self-concious about. I am 6'2" and wore 4" heels.

Be safe and be yourself.

~Amanda
    Last edited by Amanda_Robinson; 08-08-2009 at 07:03 PM.

you look good you pass as a women